over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hematocrit dropped 12 points in 6 weeks

Mike, based on the list of ingredients you provided I think I know what product you are using, and I need to get my bloodwork done asap because I "feel" much better using it. It is hard to explain and put clearly into words, but it's doing something very positive and I want confirmation.

Thanks,
JM

No I haven't looked into that. I have seen GSE acts as an AI. As well the purported testosterone boosting effects of GSE, incidentally, more than likely miniscule increase.

I do realize and I'm aware of the difference in the processing of GS oil vs extract. To many conflicting opinions that I've seen to base my opinion on.

I've taken GSE for years as a part of my cardiovascular supplements.

No, they are not the same thing, but I will get back later, as I need to leave the house for a bit.

Also, not sure if you saw me ask in the last couple posts, but have you read any of the studies on grapeseed extract and its effects in HH in animals?

I been using grape seed oil to cook in. It has many benefits and I been dropping fat too.

Wouldn't overheating grapeseed oil/every oil btw (which happens when you cook with it) destroy all its antioxydants and therefore negate the health benefits associated with it heart wise?

Wouldn't overheating grapeseed oil/every oil btw (which happens when you cook with it) destroy all its antioxydants and therefore negate the health benefits associated with it heart wise?

I cook with coconut oil, olive oil and real butter.
different oils have different "burning" temperatures. I am pretty sure olive oil cant be heated at as high temperature as coconut oil for example. i don't know exact temps tho...
-JS

According to LIvestrong, it has a higher temperture rate. I am not sure what temp above that it would effect that, but they don't seem to think it effects regular cooking and baking.

different oils have different "burning" temperatures

Perfectly right! :)

Usually, oils rich in saturated (coconut, palm) or mono-insaturated (olive, canola) fats can stand higher burning temps... just like butter as you mentioned.

But when the majority of their fatty acids are POLY-insaturated (like with grapeseed), they're often considered a poor choice to cook for they "boil" way too fast.

But when the majority of their fatty acids are POLY-insaturated (like with grapeseed), they're often considered a poor choice to cook for they "boil" way too fast.

And yet, god knows the food industry uses TONS of sunflower, corn or soy oil... but since when are they supposed to have people's health in mind? :eek:

According to LIvestrong, it has a higher temperture rate. I am not sure what temp above that it would effect that, but they don't seem to think it effects regular cooking and baking.

I love Lance, but I wish guys on his website would have deepened their "research" a bit... ;)

Used first cold pressed as a cold dressing, grapeseed oil is definitely a must, but baked the proanthocyanidin contained in it doesn't stand a chance to survive!

Is this the article you are referencing?
Effect of Prophylactic Supplementation with Grape Polyphenolics on Endotoxin-Induced Serum Secretory Phospholipase A2 Activity in Rats

It's no hidden secret that polypholics have poor bioavailability. In this article it's even stated:

The polyphenolics in GE are largely composed of polymeric polygalloyl polyflavan-3-ols41 that are poorly bioavailable when consumed orally.18,35,49

You incidentally didn't read the article in it's entirety or you would have noticed this next statement. Or you read the abstract only? This here alone is my deciding factor that GSE has no effect on lowering HH. Personally I don't buy into supplements lowering ones HH, especially if there is induced stimulus of EPO either be drug induced or by some underlying cause. Such as mentioned further down.

Take note:
The current study has several limitations. First, we did not measure additional markers of pathophysiologic status or perform organ histopathology, especially of the liver and kidney, that may have provided explanations for the body weight and hematocrit changes that we noted. For example, the continuous reduction of blood cell volume suggests that rats may have been overhydrated, presumably due to LPS-induced renal inflammation.2However, given the experimental design, the reduction in hematocrit may have resulted from the cumulative effects of the blood samplings from the animals.

Take notice of the adjuvant use of injection LPS (Lipopolysaccharide) with GSE. The intended provocation of LPS is to create a toxic environment in the rat models. LPS is what's consider an endotoxin.

The sole purpose of this study design, is to demonstrate the corrective or positive effects of GSE. Also to investigate the expression as well, the reversal implications of sPLA2 and CRP from LPS. Elevated levels of both sPLA2 and CRP are two contributing factors too atherosclerositic plaque. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I've taken GSE for a few years now. On two of my VAP cholesterol lab's there's indication that I have high levels of sPLA2 and I'm genetically predisposed to high levels of LP(a). Through my hormonal modulation and selective diet, I take several different supplements to counter the effects my genetics has handed me down. With the many supplements I take daily, I  take 300mg per day of Jarrow OPC+95 GSE. Not one time have I noticed any fluctuations in my HH. I have lab's done every three months. The biggest thing that dropped my HH was treating my OSA. Certainly wasn't supplements.

Even if there was a possibility that GSE might lower ones HH. Aside from all the aforementioned, what a lot of people fail to realize is the HED (human equivalent dose). In this particular study if we used the 300mg/kg equivalency it would be:

Within the article:
The supplementation of the control diet with 100 or 300 mg/kg GE daily

We'll use an example of a 200lb person in kg which is 90.718kg

HED=300mgkg(6rat/37human)=48.64864865 x 90.718=4413.308108mg or 4.4g per day.

That's a lot of GSE!

Calculations based on these formulas from:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Gbm8gwaSEqhxQ3fAQ&sig2=Gv23VRKCq1oUaNmOCU226Q

And

Fasebj | Mobile

Mike I know you are looking for that magical supplement(s) that is going to reduce ones HH. Sorry to say, you are going to continue to run into dead in roads looking for this potion of magnificence. You or any one else that wants to lower your HH. Find the cause first, then treat. Aging in it of its self plays a role in ones HH to climb. AAS, GH, Ephedrine, OSA, right sided heart failure, ect ect. Even in severe cases of sinus congestion, this can induce hypoxic-hypoxia from habitual mouth breathing, resulting in mild elevation of HH, within physiological range, generally in the upper limits of normal. Add AAS and sleep apnea on top of that. Guess what happens?

One other thing to keep in mind. When our bodies are trying to fight off an infection. Depending on the severity of the acute onset as well the duration (as you stated, you waited awhile before going to see your physician/ER?) This will cause our spleen to destroy more RBC than normal therefore potentially causing splenomegaly (enlarged spleen) in which could potentially lead to hypersplenism further exacerbating of premature destruction of healthy RBC. Which all of this is secondary to the bacterial infection. You may not of even been aware that your spleen was enlarged. If you want to post up your labs, I could tell you rather quickly if your spleen was taking a hit.

Sorry Mike, I see no remotely close plausible effect on lowering ones HH.

Last edited:
Is this the article you are referencing?
Effect of Prophylactic Supplementation with Grape Polyphenolics on Endotoxin-Induced Serum Secretory Phospholipase A2 Activity in Rats

It's no hidden secret that polypholics have poor bioavailability. In this article it's even stated:

The polyphenolics in GE are largely composed of polymeric polygalloyl polyflavan-3-ols41 that are poorly bioavailable when consumed orally.18,35,49

You incidentally didn't read the article in it's entirety or you would have noticed this next statement. Or you read the abstract only? This here alone is my deciding factor that GSE has no effect on lowering HH. Personally I don't buy into supplements lowering ones HH, especially if there is induced stimulus of EPO either be drug induced or by some underlying cause. Such as mentioned further down.

Take note:
The current study has several limitations. First, we did not measure additional markers of pathophysiologic status or perform organ histopathology, especially of the liver and kidney, that may have provided explanations for the body weight and hematocrit changes that we noted. For example, the continuous reduction of blood cell volume suggests that rats may have been overhydrated, presumably due to LPS-induced renal inflammation.2However, given the experimental design, the reduction in hematocrit may have resulted from the cumulative effects of the blood samplings from the animals.

Take notice of the adjuvant use of injection LPS (Lipopolysaccharide) with GSE. The intended provocation of LPS is to create a toxic environment in the rat models. LPS is what's consider an endotoxin.

The sole purpose of this study design, is to demonstrate the corrective or positive effects of GSE. Also to investigate the expression as well, the reversal implications of sPLA2 and CRP from LPS. Elevated levels of both sPLA2 and CRP are two contributing factors too atherosclerositic plaque. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I've taken GSE for a few years now. On two of my VAP cholesterol lab's there's indication that I have high levels of sPLA2 and I'm genetically predisposed to high levels of LP(a). Through my hormonal modulation and selective diet, I take several different supplements to counter the effects my genetics has handed me down. With the many supplements I take daily, I  take 300mg per day of Jarrow OPC+95 GSE. Not one time have I noticed any fluctuations in my HH. I have lab's done every three months. The biggest thing that dropped my HH was treating my OSA. Certainly wasn't supplements.

Even if there was a possibility that GSE might lower ones HH. Aside from all the aforementioned, what a lot of people fail to realize is the HED (human equivalent dose). In this particular study if we used the 300mg/kg equivalency it would be:

Within the article:
The supplementation of the control diet with 100 or 300 mg/kg GE daily

We'll use an example of a 200lb person in kg which is 90.718kg

HED=300mgkg(6rat/37human)=48.64864865 x 90.718=4413.308108mg or 4.4g per day.

That's a lot of GSE!

Calculations based on these formulas from:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Gbm8gwaSEqhxQ3fAQ&sig2=Gv23VRKCq1oUaNmOCU226Q

And

Fasebj | Mobile

Mike I know you are looking for that magical supplement(s) that is going to reduce ones HH. Sorry to say, you are going to continue to run into dead in roads looking for this potion of magnificence. You or any one else that wants to lower your HH. Find the cause first, then treat. Aging in it of its self plays a role in ones HH to climb. AAS, GH, Ephedrine, OSA, right sided heart failure, ect ect. Even in severe cases of sinus congestion, this can induce hypoxic-hypoxia from habitual mouth breathing, resulting in mild elevation of HH, within physiological range, generally in the upper limits of normal. Add AAS and sleep apnea on top of that. Guess what happens?

One other thing to keep in mind. When our bodies are trying to fight off an infection. Depending on the severity of the acute onset as well the duration (as you stated, you waited awhile before going to see your physician/ER?) This will cause our spleen to destroy more RBC than normal therefore potentially causing splenomegaly (enlarged spleen) in which could potentially lead to hypersplenism further exacerbating of premature destruction of healthy RBC. Which all of this is secondary to the bacterial infection. You may not of even been aware that your spleen was enlarged. If you want to post up your labs, I could tell you rather quickly if your spleen was taking a hit.

Sorry Mike, I see no remotely close plausible effect on lowering ones HH.

Didn't read that one, but I will now. I found 3-4 of them so far, but haven't looked since the first day.

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner