over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hemoglobin Catch-22

That sounds about right. After a long test/eq run it takes about 3 months
give or take for my vascularity to diminish and I take it that is from rbc
dropping closer or to normal.

I have experimented with it in the past. I have a hemoglobin meter here at home and cut several cycles short because it was high. If I went clean it took me about 3 months to get it down to a safe level. If one doesnt want to go totally clean and cruise youll find out that it will never go down but will build up even more.

I took about 6 mos off with pct. I know i could just cruise but I feel better and
respond better with time off. I will donate this time around and see how it makes a difference in how I feel. I am sure it will. I have a few lifting pards that donate and swear by it.

I have experimented with it in the past. I have a hemoglobin meter here at home and cut several cycles short because it was high. If I went clean it took me about 3 months to get it down to a safe level. If one doesnt want to go totally clean and cruise youll find out that it will never go down but will build up even more.

I agree but in bigtdogg's case we're not talking about getting it down to safe levels but rather getting it down to a level where they will take it which I don't think will take 3 months. Guess it depends on how far over the the max he is. Where I go the upper limit is 18.3. Anything beyond that and they won't take it.

I agree but in bigtdogg's case we're not talking about getting it down to safe levels but rather getting it down to a level where they will take it which I don't think will take 3 months. Guess it depends on how far over the the max he is. Where I go the upper limit is 18.3. Anything beyond that and they won't take it.

Wow, 18.3 is high. yeah if the cut off is that high it would probably only take maybe 4 weeks or so.

Mine always shows hhh on the meter when I go to give. My blood work is always a little high on the rbc's and hematocrit is around 52. Red cross always takes my blood. If you can't go to a red cross or find a blood drive then I would get a Dr to prescribe a phlembotomy. I always feel better after giving blood.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Mine always shows hhh on the meter when I go to give. My blood work is always a little high on the rbc's and hematocrit is around 52. Red cross always takes my blood. If you can't go to a red cross or find a blood drive then I would get a Dr to prescribe a phlembotomy. I always feel better after giving blood.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

This is what mine did last time at the blood bank (HHH) scared the shit out of me, so I went to a doc right after and got bloodwork. Turns out it's only at 17.9 which is high I know, but much better than >19!

The doc wasn't overly concerned with it so no need for prescribed phlebotomy. However, I still wanna donate to get it down some. I'm gonna check and see if the blood center will take my lab results as proof that I can donate and not go by that machine they have. I'm sure a medical laboratory is much more accurate.

Guess we'll see.....

did you guys miss my post that said the red cross will take your blood no matter how high the iron level is?

The community blood center or blood bank or whatever typically limits the iron level. Red Cross does not.

mine was high when i first started along time ago also...

drink a shit load of water, this did the trick for me.

i would say close to a half gallon, piss a few times and continue to drink on my way into the facility :headbang:

worked for me and i was sent home the first time because it was to high!

mine was high when i first started along time ago also...

drink a shit load of water, this did the trick for me.

i would say close to a half gallon, piss a few times and continue to drink on my way into the facility :headbang:

worked for me and i was sent home the first time because it was to high!

This works. If your blood is diluted with more fluid there will be less of an iron conentration to measure.

did you guys miss my post that said the red cross will take your blood no matter how high the iron level is?

The community blood center or blood bank or whatever typically limits the iron level. Red Cross does not.

That's great, but the red-cross does not operate in my area. They contract all their blood services through 1 blood bank, which does test for Hemoglobin. I'd have to go to a different state to use the red-cross.

Wonder if I could donate in Canada.....

Didn't work for me. Mine actually went up the 2nd time after super-hydrating.

Its still going up? 19 plus? getting close to 60 hema?

I thought you had actually gone off cold turkey along with all this advice of hydrating and grapefruit...etc.

You stayed on?

you need to get off...now...cold turkey.

It doesnt take months (youll see when they test you)...it will rapidly decline when you are completely off...BUT YOU NEED TO GET OFF.

Get off the sauce COMPLETELY cold turkey for 3 weeks...do the advice everyone has told you to do and then rehydrate and get blood drawn.

The alternative? the way your body is reacting to being on? Blood Clot/death/stroke and being one of those guys you see walking around with one leg dragging behind him with a limp, and an atrophied left side of the body.

This is serious stuff here and if you are superhydrating and doing everything people are recommending and its still going up....you are asking for trouble bigtime.

You need to get off...get your hematocrit and hemoglobin down...and then test for various disorders you might have (polycythemia, or clotting disorders like Maldorf and Emeric have) and then go from there.

You are playing russian roullette here with this stuff.

After you test for clotting disorders and everything checks out...you will have to stay away from compounds that rapidly increase RBC's and stay with low dose test and gh....and work from there and even then you need to get blood work to see where you are at so you can give blood before they shut you off.....but jesus....you want to lift for the next 20 years right? What the hell is 3 weeks to you? Its a blip of time. Because the next 20 years of hardcore lifting could be taken away very quickly if you have a blockage.

Last edited:

I thought you had actually gone off cold turkey along with all this advice of hydrating and grapefruit...etc.

You stayed on?

It doesnt take months (youll see when they test you)...it will rapidly decline when you are completely off...BUT YOU NEED TO GET OFF.

Get off the sauce COMPLETELY cold turkey for 3 weeks...do the advice everyone has told you to do and then rehydrate and get blood drawn.

The alternative? the way your body is reacting to being on? Blood Clot/death/stroke and being one of those guys you see walking around with one leg dragging behind him with a limp, and an atrophied left side of the body.

This is serious stuff here and if you are superhydrating and doing everything people are recommending and its still going up....you are asking for trouble bigtime.

You need to get off...get your hematocrit and hemoglobin down...and then test for various disorders you might have (polycythemia, or clotting disorders like Maldorf and Emeric have) and then go from there.

After you test for clotting disorders and everything checks out...you will have to stay away from compounds that rapidly increase RBC's and stay with low dose test and gh....and work from there and even then you need to get blood work to see where you are at so you can give blood before they shut you off.....but jesus....you want to lift for the next 20 years right? What the hell is 3 weeks to you? Its a blip of time. Because the next 20 years of hardcore lifting could be taken away very quickly if you have a blockage.

Great post. All the right things are right there in that post. I would just like to add though that the lifespan of a rbc is supposed to be about 3 months or so, and so even if you get off today it is going to take some substantial time to come down. I tried this myself when I was on the sauce and my hematocrit was about about 59-60. It took me a full 2 1/2 months to get mine down to about 51 or so. 51 is still a bit high really. Maybe its just me though, because I am having trouble now with just my HRT dose of 100 mg/wk. Everyone is different in this respect, and so I just want the poster to realize that the hemoglobin isnt going to go down fast. It will take some time.
The tough thing about when youre cycling is that you end up going back on cycle before the hemoglobin/hematocrit ever get back to normal. Guys that cruise, like I did at the end, will never get to normal and the numbers gradually rise all year long until they hit dangerous levels.

I also agree the OP needs to ge off of everything for a few months and his levels will drop. My hemotologist finally released me from regular Phlebotomies.
I went from a 58 to a 43 in almost 3 months. I had 5 pints removed total and I couldnt take anything or it would shoot my levels back up. Even gh spike my levels. The Dr also told me that anytime your level goes above 50 that you are twice as likely to have a stoke or heart attack. When it goes above 55 you go to triple the chance. Lucikly I get headaches when my levels start climbing so I know when I need to get more blood removed. I would hate to not have any signs. Take this shit serious and good luck.
T

going to my new doc the second i land in my new city. this shit has been to long since last test. gotta do what you gotta do. i was fine last time but ive been adjusting my cruise dose for hrt to 500mg and it has been forever since the last time blood was drawn.

You stayed on?

No, no it was >19 at the blood bank with that little machine they use. I went and had a full blood panel done that very same day and it was 17.9. Still high I know, but not as alarming as 19+. That works out to 52%. I trust the lab that did my panel a lot more than the blood bank.

I'm gonna see if the B. Bank will take my lab results as proof that it's lower and let me donate. Then keep going every 56days to keep it in check.

Believe me I know the risks of having high Hemo and took the >19 VERY SERIOUSLY!

going to my new doc the second i land in my new city. this shit has been to long since last test. gotta do what you gotta do. i was fine last time but ive been adjusting my cruise dose for hrt to 500mg and it has been forever since the last time blood was drawn.

Dang, 500 is a high cruise dose. Your hct is probably high after that. Regular HRT dose is 100-150 mg/wk and I have trouble with mine on that. Everyone is different though. Smart to get it checked sooner rather than later.

Maldorf,

I really believe it was the EQ that I ran this spring that caused my Hemoglobin to go up, since I've never had it go that high on other AAS. Since I'm off that and just cruising with 200mg/test week, do you think it will go down on its own. Or will I need to go off completely for that to happen? I really just wanna get it in range so I can give blood regularly again.

The doc I saw didn't feel it was necessary to give me prescription phlebotomy.

Maldorf,

I really believe it was the EQ that I ran this spring that caused my Hemoglobin to go up, since I've never had it go that high on other AAS. Since I'm off that and just cruising with 200mg/test week, do you think it will go down on its own. Or will I need to go off completely for that to happen? I really just wanna get it in range so I can give blood regularly again.

The doc I saw didn't feel it was necessary to give me prescription phlebotomy.

So it sounds like the doc knows youre on AAS? I'm not sure how high your hct was. Most docs if they know youre on will just tell you to get off and it will go down. If I were you I would drop down to a test dose no bigger than 150mg/wk and do that until your hemoglobin is down to the range of 16-17. then you can resume something at that point. I wouldnt use the EQ again. I do think it can really raise it, but test alone can too so dont blame it all on the EQ. From now on if youre going to be using I would get a cbc done before I go on a cycle and then again toward the end. Dont wait until youre off for several weeks to get tested, get tested when your AAS levels are high to see just how bad it got.

For those who go to the banks more frequently than 56 days is there not a central database shared by all blood banks to prevent people from doing this?

If they are not affiliated could you go to the other sooner than 56 days?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131