advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hepatic Adenomas - Ruptured And Almost Bled To Death.

So for 6 years straight you were on 2.2g-3g?

Edit: No issues other than this prior?

More like 3-4 grams, no prior issues that I’m aware of. I did have really bad pubertal gyno growing up though, I’m sure it played a role somehow with my body aromatizing more than usual.

Last edited:
No doubt your AAS use accelerated or caused your issue. Grams of AAS for years is going to catch up eventually. All for a plastic trophy.

I wish you the best sir :)

Missed this, thank you my friend

More like 3-4 grams, no prior issues that I’m aware of. I did have really bad pubertal gyno growing up though, I’m sure it played a role somehow with my body aromatizing more than usual.

Well damn. I had pubertal gyno and becoming fat as shit made it worse. Take all that money you were spending on gear and get them cut out haha.

Glad it didnt turn out worse here

Reminds me of what happened to Dallas Mccarver, dead at 26 years old. I was only 38 when I had my big heart attack. I started steroids at about the age of 27, so I was on them for about 11 years.

What were your doses like?

This thread and a few others over the past 6 months not to mention multiple shoulder surgeries have made me reflect on how short life truly is. It's low dose TRT for me from here on out. No other compounds! Test only. I'm 50 y/o, who am I kidding?! I should be focused on longevity, health vs. trying to carry around an extra 25-30lbs of fake muscle that genetically I shouldn't have in the first place. It drives my need for BP meds, a nerosis around eating every 3 hours and all the damn food prep. Yep, done!

not to hi jack this but, yeah, lol reading threads like this make me really wonder how im still here, with all that i have done to myself.

buying dinner years ago actually made me think a lot about body weight.. ever look at how much meat there is in say 10lbs of beef? changing my body wight by 10lbs is nothing. lol can be done in a week. ive had days where i can swing almost that much. obviously not muscle in that time but...:lightbulb::eek:

thinking of al that extra unnecesary meat, there is only one heart that has the same work weather you are 200-250-300lbs... ive been all as an adult at varying body comps...

just the other night i was carrying my dog to bed and he is like 40lbs... it made me think of putting that back onto my body and what a strain that is for all systems not just heart.

all that said its still hard to be responsible with aas and diet and how it all plays out in real life. lol :banghead: ill be all concerend one minute and doing something clearly stupid the next! lol :love::headbang:

no answers. im sure we will just keep reading these threads.
good luck op!

What were your doses like?

Here is the thread I started after I got home from the hospital and was recovering from the original heart attack. Somewhere in there I describe my doses. Lots of info in there. It is like my diary during that time. I do keep it current too whenever something big happens. Last year I had to have heart surgery.

https://www.professionalmuscle.com/...heart-attack-age-38-follow-up-phils-post.html

I don't want to hijack this thread, since it is about the OPs medical emergency and not mine. If youd like to, post a question or two on my thread.

I had appendicitis in 2007 and at CT scan done. They inadvertently found a hepatic ademona when looking at my appendix, thank God. I think it was 5cm-6cm, with smooth borders and symmetry. They alerted me to it and suggested I don't take anymore AAS. I almost immediately got off (had been using for 4 years or so prior, on and off). I tapered down, then off.

I have had I think 4 MRI's since 2007. One 6 months after discovery, one a year after that, one 3 years later, and then another 3 years later. All images came back with unchanged size and margins. Doctors have basically said I should be fine, but I am always paranoid it will change one day and I get nervous whenever I have a stomach pain.

I never was heavy on orals and doses were moderate. I haven't taken AAS since (12 years) and won't again, except maybe HRT one day (I'm still fairly young).

My liver enzymes are always pretty normal, except some slight elevation in my alkaline phosphatase. Not sure if that enzyme could be related to it (?) but it always worried me. The only thing that ever got that enzyme into normal range for me was TUDCA.

I stopped taking TUDCA a while back and my most recent blood work showed the Alkaline phosphatase elevated very slightly again. I need to go back on it.

My test levels are now normal, in the high 600's. Free test is low-normal due to high normal SHBG, which I need to figure out, but I am feeling pretty good and strong. I am mainly into strength and fitness now more than aesthetics.

Thanks for sharing, hope this info helps. Been a while since I've posted..

I hope you’re doing better now and hopefully you do not go through this pain and suffering again.

To add few things:
-I know you were in pain, but please don’t ever yell at a nurse again to do something when they can’t without a doctors order and just make you look like a douche.
-your blood from your adenomas will not pool inside your stomach bro. It will in your stomach cavity. You had more things going on. You probably had a bowel obstruction. an US should have showed the bleeding before the CT scan. Why did the nurse do the ultra sound? A doctor should.. or you probably just had an ultra sound tech but you think everyone is a nurse.
-an adenoma rupture depending on hemodynamics; if you’re stable or not based on your vitals and labs. If you were tachycardic and hypotensive; a transfusion and an immediate surgery is required.
-like someone has mentioned before, research showed high estrogen, liver disease and cancer are the main causes of liver adenomas.
-they should have done a TAE to stop the bleeding but that requires you to go to cath lab or surgery

This is scary man, I’m glad you’re ok. Stay safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you’re doing better now and hopefully you do not go through this pain and suffering again.

To add few things:
-I know you were in pain, but please don’t ever yell at a nurse again to do something when they can’t without a doctors order and just make you look like a douche.
-your blood from your adenomas will not pool inside your stomach bro. It will in your stomach cavity. You had more things going on. You probably had a bowel obstruction. an US should have showed the bleeding before the CT scan. Why did the nurse do the ultra sound? A doctor should.. or you probably just had an ultra sound tech but you think everyone is a nurse.
-an adenoma rupture depending on hemodynamics; if you’re stable or not based on your vitals and labs. If you were tachycardic and hypotensive; a transfusion and an immediate surgery is required.
-like someone has mentioned before, research showed high estrogen, liver disease and cancer are the main causes of liver adenomas.
-they should have done a TAE to stop the bleeding but that requires you to go to cath lab or surgery

This is scary man, I’m glad you’re ok. Stay safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think I give a damn about a nurses feelings when I’m in so much pain I’m about to faint and literally bleeding to death?? I yelled for her to get a doctor over and stop telling me oh it’s probably nothing hang in there! Same nurse/tech that said ultra showed no bleeding. She did not take my case seriously or life threatening, that pissed me off!

Oh did I mention the other nurse which came to ask me if my ast/alt that was in the 400 range was good or bad.

The adenoma that ruptured was on the lower part of my liver, it bled all over my intestines causing a bowel obstruction, I was shitting from my mouth.

They did do a transarterial embolization, only they waited 10 hours too late!

Last edited:
You think I give a damn about a nurses feelings when I’m in so much pain I’m about to faint and literally bleeding to death?? I yelled for her to get a doctor over and stop telling me oh it’s probably nothing hang in there! Same nurse/tech that said ultra showed no bleeding. She did not take my case seriously or life threatening, that pissed me off!

Oh did I mention the other nurse which came to ask me if my ast/alt that was in the 400 range was good or bad.

The adenoma that ruptured was on the lower part of my liver, it bled all over my intestines causing a bowel obstruction, I was shitting from my mouth.

They did do a transarterial embolization, only they waited 10 hours too late!

Ive been there with nurses who didn't know what they were doing, it can be downright dangerous. Most are very good though. I had a bad one once that mixed up my IV meds and put me on dopamine instead of heparin. My BP got up to about 180/120 or something in that neighborhood and that was a couple of days after my massive heart attack. After the mistake was made I called the nurse back in and told him something was really wrong since my BP was so high and he said "oh its probably just because you ate a meal"! Prior to that mistake my BP was down around 105/65 or so. Another nurse finally discovered the mistake, the guy that screwed mine up never realized what he did wrong even after I drew his attention to my BP being so high.

Last edited:
Ive been there with nurses who didn't know what they were doing, it can be downright dangerous. Most are very good though. I had a bad one once that mixed up my IV meds and put me on dopamine instead of heparin. My BP got up to about 180/120 or something in that neighborhood and that was a couple of days after my massive heart attack. After the mistake was made I called the nurse back in and told him something was really wrong since my BP was so high and he said "oh its probably just because you ate a meal"! Prior to that mistake my BP was down around 105/65 or so. Another nurse finally discovered the mistake, the guy that screwed mine up never realized what he did wrong even after I drew his attention to my BP being so high.

I know what you mean brother, I had hiccups cause of the bowel obstruction that would not stop for like 48 hours and one nurse told me in a rude way “it’s probably the steroids you where taking”.
And this other male nurse who was a total dick.
But yes I was 3 weeks in the hospital and most of my nurses where great and very caring.
And I have to say, the Doctor who performed surgery on me and who took care of me is a fantastic Doctor and amazing human being. We’ve become so close we’re like family.

Last edited:
I know what you mean brother, I had hiccups cause of the bowel obstruction that would not stop for like 48 hours and one nurse told me in a rude way “it’s probably the steroids you where taking”.
And this other male nurse who was a total dick.
But yes I was 3 weeks in the hospital and most of my nurses where great and very caring.
And I have to say, the Doctor who performed surgery on me and who took care of me is a fantastic Doctor and amazing human being. We’ve become so close we’re like family.

Yeah, for the most part the medical community is full of smart, caring, and hard working people. I really only had that one nurse that screwed up, and when he found out what he did he apologized profusely. He was a nice guy, but I don't think he was really qualified to be in ICU. I was in cardiac ICU.

He told me what had happened. He had laid out my IV bags on my sink counter top so that he didn't have to go get them somewhere else later on. So he had already scanned them. The two bags, dopamine and heparin, looked very similar. He grabbed the wrong bag. I had actually been off of dopamine for about 12 hours or more and wasn't supposed to go back on!

My BP was dangerously low and they had been using it to raise it up. My heart recovered enough so that I didn't need it anymore. So he screwed up by having it sitting out like that. It shouldn't have been in my room. He did not follow protocol. They are supposed to leave the meds where they are stored and scan them there as they need them, I think.

To make matters even worse, the dopamine was dosed on the IV drip machine like it was heparin! Come to think of it, that also means that I went without heparin for some time too. The dose of dopamine was way too high because of this, why my BP got so high. It was comical watching the nurses trying to downplay the screwup. If I hadn't been really aware of things and ignorant, I probably would have never known. I wonder if they would have even told me what happened. They acted like they wanted me to sign some paperwork and I said no. If something happened to me it would be a law suit.

I had appendicitis in 2007 and at CT scan done. They inadvertently found a hepatic ademona when looking at my appendix, thank God. I think it was 5cm-6cm, with smooth borders and symmetry. They alerted me to it and suggested I don't take anymore AAS. I almost immediately got off (had been using for 4 years or so prior, on and off). I tapered down, then off.

I have had I think 4 MRI's since 2007. One 6 months after discovery, one a year after that, one 3 years later, and then another 3 years later. All images came back with unchanged size and margins. Doctors have basically said I should be fine, but I am always paranoid it will change one day and I get nervous whenever I have a stomach pain.

I never was heavy on orals and doses were moderate. I haven't taken AAS since (12 years) and won't again, except maybe HRT one day (I'm still fairly young).

My liver enzymes are always pretty normal, except some slight elevation in my alkaline phosphatase. Not sure if that enzyme could be related to it (?) but it always worried me. The only thing that ever got that enzyme into normal range for me was TUDCA.

I stopped taking TUDCA a while back and my most recent blood work showed the Alkaline phosphatase elevated very slightly again. I need to go back on it.

My test levels are now normal, in the high 600's. Free test is low-normal due to high normal SHBG, which I need to figure out, but I am feeling pretty good and strong. I am mainly into strength and fitness now more than aesthetics.

Thanks for sharing, hope this info helps. Been a while since I've posted..

I remember reading your story months before this happened to me, thanks for posting. From what I understand you still have the adenoma and it’s stable? Why did they not resect it?

Last edited:
I remember reading your story months before this happened to me, thanks for posting. From what I understand you still have the adenoma and it’s stable? Why did they not resect it?

That is correct. I still have it and it is still stable. They did not resect it because it was not causing me any issues and it seemed encapsulated / has clean borders. It has not changed shape nor grown in 12 years. They say it shouldn't cause me any issues.

I thought is was only common to resect them if they bleed, cause pain, are growing/changing, or look possibly malignant on imaging (ie: have non symmetrical borders etc.)

are you aware of what caused your adenomas in the first place? slin or gh? glad youre still with us, youre a lucky man

Thank you for taking the time to post, I’m very luck to be alive. What can I say,
at times as bodybuilders especially ones with clinical severe ocd like me, we can be in denial about things.
That life is over for me.

I wanted to ask you, in your experience with these adenomas do you see them usually regress in size or with time disappearing? Especially the ones with beta catenin mutation. Is surgery or transplant down the road my only option? I’m doing best best to avoid more major surgery but maybe again I’m in denial.
Try to take it one day at a time bro, adenoma is usually a precursor to adenocarcinoma. The good thing about transplant is someone can donate a real small portion of healthy hepatic tissue and it will regenerate on its own. Now considering the mutation this is something that will have to be monitored life-time. At least you are here to talk about it bro.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131