over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Here is the deal.

weight77

Registered
I went way way up state today to see the doc. He seemed like a very good guy. We got along, that is very importiant to me. He is the orthopedic for a team and understands where I am coming from. He asked if I was on steriods, I said no, he (in a joking manner said) man don't worry I am not going to report, I just wanted to tell you that it wil slow down the recovery process. Anyway he was able to move my into his line up for next week, instead of middle of April (another good thing). So I am going back Thursday to have it all fixed. He said success rate is about 85% or better. He also said I may have ruptured my bicep and torne something in my rotator cuff but it is not likely. But those are common with chest injuries so he just wanted to give me a heads up. He said no matter what he findes he will fix. So that made me feel better. I will be in a sling for 6 weeks after the surgery, and will have to drive up around 4 times inbetween the after surgery process and the actuall start of the rehab process. So it is going to be stressful with all the driving back and forth. I will have a small scar on the insde of my pec but he said that by judging by my left side I wont be able to tell once I get my size back.

So all and all I am very happy. My legs are really taking off and the rest has been very good. I am in a much better mood. All the stress of having to worry about eating was really getting to me.

A funny thing he said was that the last doctor I saw optited not to do the surgery. He siad it is rair for a doctor to say they will not do a surgery. He said either most doctors are to cocky to say they can't do it or they will just do it whether they are sure are not.

I figure I will be back in the gym training upper body in about 8 more weeks. Light but still I will be getting lots of blood in the area.

So, the next time you guys hear about a guy tearing a pec and how they can't get it fixed make sure and tell them it is possible, they just have to do the searching and find someone who has experience with it.

that's great to hear man! keep us posted on how your feeling. it's good to hear you went to a knowledgable doc, that takes sooo much stress away from you.

That's great news bro... Good to see you found a doc that is willing to perform the procedure for you.

weight77

Good job on doing your own footwork to find a competant Dr.
I still haven't found one for myself. lol.

Good for you weight77.

Sounds like he's got his shit together!

xcel

way to stay positive bro. but may I ask how did you do it?

It started with me trying to do progressive over loads. Me and my training partner were doing middle range reps (7-10) with moderate to heavy weight (315-335) for around 4 sets.

We started the progressive over load with 335 as the starting set (1 set of warm ups) and ended at 365lbs. I took our rep range way down to 4 reps (1 forced rep) to be able to accomadate the heavier weight. The big jump in weight is what lead me to the second degree sprain, and my partner with a bicep tear. Yeah, were pretty bright. I gotta get off right now I will finish all the details tomorrow.

trust me its gonna be more than 8 weeks before you start even light training with your upper body your looking at prolly 8 weeks in physical therapy, it gonna feel like your arm has been sewn extremely tight to your body when the sling comes off. we are talking zero flexibility and it takes time to get it stretched back out. did ya tell him i sent ya??:D

Yeah, he said he did a half ass job on fixing yours because you were a second rate bodybuilder. LOL..J/K...He said he knew you. I call you tomorrow when I get my phone charged.

I have a stem machine that I will use on my shoulder the entire time I am in the sling. That way I will not get frozen shoulder. I am a fast healer. lol..I tore my rotator cuff when I dislocated my shoulder and was back in the gym after 3 months, and I never had surgery. So we will see.

good luck man. hope you heal quick!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner