over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Here's a Valentines Day thought....

Tom

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
How about instead of spending millions of dollars on flowers that will be dead and in the garbage within a week......we feed some starving children!!!

Tom, good thought there....my wife and I donate to a charity called Compassion. :)

Just a play on words joke. I didn't have my glasses on and thought you post said chicken not children. In other words, cut the head off the chicken your feeding and have it for dinner. jokes on me instead. Absolutely agree w you on how we waste money on things that don't really matter.

Last edited:
Tom, we all the respect ! you can't say that in a bodybuilding forum... We ourselves spend a lot of money on drugs, supplements and things that we don't need, we do them to be happy

Everything has it's own PLACE, and Valentine days is there for lovers to enjoy. at least some hearts get to be happy this day, a lot of relationships start from today.

What about us bodybuilders stop spending thousands on steroids and spend money to feed poor african kids ???

This thread is exactly like when the guy that came into my Whitney Huston Die thread and mentioned abouth SOLDIERS death,.... Valentines is Valentines, helping African kids is another subject, let's not mix

Last edited:
Tom, we all the respect ! you can't say that in a bodybuilding forum... We ourselves spend a lot of money on drugs, supplements and things that we don't need, we do them to be happy

Everything has it's own PLACE, and Valentine days is there for lovers to enjoy. at least some hearts get to be happy this day, a lot of relationships start from today.

What about us bodybuilders stop spending thousands on steroids and spend money to feed poor african kids ???

This thread is exactly like when the guy that came into my Whitney Huston Die thread and mentioned abouth SOLDIERS death,.... Valentines is Valentines, helping African kids is another subject, let's not mix

I really do see your point Raw33Man But I witnessed and was part of something incredible from this board. I saw dozens of members donate to Mrs Bapper when Big Bapper passed. They didn't even know her and some didn't know him. If you asked members to give one cycles worth to a cause like feed the children...some would do it. If you asked women to give up thier flowers and have that money donated in thier name to starving children I think many would do that too. I'm not against showing your love on Valentines Day but I think donating in your wife's or girlfriend's name is so much better than wasting money on a parishable item like flowers.

My suggestion is to go and actually buy some food and bring it to a nonprofit or give it to a family who is need.

The % if your monetary donation at many charities, which goes for marketing, advertising(for donations) and administrative costs are horrendous in my opinion.

Donate $50 worth of food and it will 100% go to the end user you want to get it.

Donate $50 cash and watch it dwindle down as the company enlisted to telemarketing gets their share, the administrator whose salary often is double triple or more than a police officer or teacher get his/her share and on and on.

Situations like this always leave me conflicted... I have a 60,000 car I don't need, imagine how many kids would have been able to live had I just donated that money. It goes more than flowers, its our everyday life. In every action we take we could have done something else to help people around us, spending time on the computer we could be out doing stuff. Instead of spending money on flat screens we could send that to someone who needs it etc the list goes on and on and on. I just bought a 3,000 dollar grill but there are some people out there that would be happy just to eat. It comes down to greed, I don't know if it makes me a bad person to live a great life while people die or not. To be honest I guess I try to block out all the bad shit that's happening around the would and focus on myself as bad as that sounds. With that being said I donate time/money/etc much more than the average person but I always feel like I could give so much more.....

How about instead of spending millions of dollars on flowers that will be dead and in the garbage within a week......we feed some starving children!!!

I agree Tom! Can we do that?

Great post tom....

I like people that actually care about those less fortunate.
Sometimes we forget there are people that may eat a few times a week if lucky. My wife and I try to help the homeless around our house and believe me there are many. Glad you posted that Tom . Just the right thing to do.
It also helps if you have clothes to pass on to keep people from freezing to death in the cold areas. Happens in my neck of the woods fairly often but not bad this year due to very mild winter. One jacket can sometimes save a life. I understand the one conflicted post about posting that here but let me say no one has to give up most of what they have even a little helps when
many people contribute. Thanks thanks thanks for the post.
Makes me happy to see like minded people here.

Well I am off to Philippines this Friday for my vacation. SKip told me I have won 200 dollars because I was donating to Child Abused victims. I will use the 200 for the charity in Philippines.

I understand your point and respect it. I just wanted to mention there is much poverty here is the usa. I live in a extremely depressed inner city area
and see walking stick figure people often . Helping our fellow man is just what I think I am suppose to do.It is not all I do. I f---off a tremendous amount of cash but can say for sure when I help out those in need that money is never wasted. Thanks, T

Well I am off to Philippines this Friday for my vacation. SKip told me I have won 200 dollars because I was donating to Child Abused victims. I will use the 200 for the charity in Philippines.

Thats super cool Big.. Have fun and be safe on your trip. T

Have a great vacation Chef....you are a good man.

My suggestion is to go and actually buy some food and bring it to a nonprofit or give it to a family who is need.

The % if your monetary donation at many charities, which goes for marketing, advertising(for donations) and administrative costs are horrendous in my opinion.

Donate $50 worth of food and it will 100% go to the end user you want to get it.

Donate $50 cash and watch it dwindle down as the company enlisted to telemarketing gets their share, the administrator whose salary often is double triple or more than a police officer or teacher get his/her share and on and on.

CROWLER....thank you so much for pointing out what happens to donated money. I will be donating actual food from now on.

CROWLER....thank you so much for pointing out what happens to donated money. I will be donating actual food from now on.

Maybe we could set up a donating thread for the needy Tom? just a thought..

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear