over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hernia Operation - how to handle it?

tweezor

Registered
Pretty depression, but it has to happen. I was squatting last night and felt it and could see it when i looked down afterward, suddenly some skin or whatever it is was sticking out a bit and when i got home it was back to normal, had a weird feeling in my stomach for some time. But now its confirmed and will be getting an operation

Not sure how i should handle the upcoming downtime... Afaik Im away from the gym for 6 weeks. Maybe I can do some light cardio after a bit? I dont want to get fat. Im pretty lean but i dont want to continue eating a lot when i cant move, even if it will end up in losing muscle.. muscle i can gain back fast np, muscle memory and all, but i dont want to diet afterward coz I got fat

Look at it like a diet, eat the same kind of foods but just cut out some carbs? gear wise Im thinking 150 mg test and 4-5 GH? any suggestion? Im really unsure

Allow me to asuage some of your concerns. I recently underwent surgery for an umbilical hernia via the da Vinci robot, which is common place today and usually implemented. (As I’m typing this out, I realize that I referenced this in another thread). you go under, 45 minutes you’re out and regaining consciousness. The first day or two you’ll feel like you got hit in the stomach with a bat. It seems a little unnerving and super sketchy at first. The pain meds they give you are generally enough to address that concern. In the next week and a half or two weeks it seems to fade away quickly, and I was able to train light legs (hacks n presses)wearing my belt a hair tighter than usual. When I saw my surgeon for the postop, he was not the least bit surprised. He said about a week after that I could go wide-open throttle, which I did. I was running TRT test and BP157.

Allow me to asuage some of your concerns. I recently underwent surgery for an umbilical hernia via the da Vinci robot, which is common place today and usually implemented. (As I’m typing this out, I realize that I referenced this in another thread). you go under, 45 minutes you’re out and regaining consciousness. The first day or two you’ll feel like you got hit in the stomach with a bat. It seems a little unnerving and super sketchy at first. The pain meds they give you are generally enough to address that concern. In the next week and a half or two weeks it seems to fade away quickly, and I was able to train light legs (hacks n presses)wearing my belt a hair tighter than usual. When I saw my surgeon for the postop, he was not the least bit surprised. He said about a week after that I could go wide-open throttle, which I did. I was running TRT test and BP157.

Back in the gym after 2 weeks? sounds almost too good to be true! Not really worried about the operation or pain after. Just how fast i can recover

Back in the gym after 2 weeks? sounds almost too good to be true! Not really worried about the operation or pain after. Just how fast i can recover
I would wait about 4 weeks.Start off very light and if something hurts stop.You won't loose anything I had one done years ago.Ligjt cardio in the meantime is a good idea also

I’ve also had a repair done years ago through the “open” procedure which was the standard accepted medical practice at the time. Recovery was a bit longer. Maybe 4 weeks as I recall. I’m confident there are others on this board familiar with the process as well as unlimited info on the net if you care to research it. I was chomping at the bit both times to get back to the steel so I may have been a bit more aggressive than what you may be comfortable with but that was my experience

I suggest some common sense and heal before working out again, lightly I might add.
I had a 6" gash to repair my hernia and today the scar is isn't visible when I look into the mirror .

The last thing you want to do is reinjure yourself by working out too soon, NOT GOOD if you do!

Like the posts above I started lightly working out about 4 weeks after surgery . The sky didn't fall in those first 4 weeks and at the end of the day I recognized my body appreciated the little break.
No worries Man.

I suggest some common sense and heal before working out again, lightly I might add.
I had a 6" gash to repair my hernia and today the scar is isn't visible when I look into the mirror .

The last thing you want to do is reinjure yourself by working out too soon, NOT GOOD if you do!

Like the posts above I started lightly working out about 4 weeks after surgery . The sky didn't fall in those first 4 weeks and at the end of the day I recognized my body appreciated the little break.
No worries Man.
Good info. Yes OP take is slow and EZ. I've never had this surgery but I know several that have.
If you had a mesh put in you could also experience pain issues especially if you push it too hard too soon.

You have to take some time off. I know it sucks but at least you should completely heal and have a much lower chance of setbacks.

I did a shit ton of walking after my repairs. Had umbilical and inguinal repaired lapro at the same time. At 2 week mark I was working out with just bands. 4 week mark I started with weights.

I've had 3 umbilical hernia repairs. Give them time to heal (6-8 weeks). I just had a bilateral inguinal hernia repaired on 10/19/22.
The doc released me 13 days later. I took 6 weeks off to make sure I healed. My bits were purple and swollen for 3 weeks.
Just remember, the gym will be there when you're ready to go back. Don't rush it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131