over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hernia Surgery Up Date

concreteguy

Verified Customer
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I had the surgery two weeks ago from last Friday. Going to be starting light cardio in the morning and some stepper work in the late after noon. Once the sergion had me opened up he found a total of (five) hernias that he repaired. Can you imagine that? I thought I only had one. So it was a much more involved procedure than what I expected. I was still an out patient but the surgeon urged me to stay over night. But because I'm much smarter than the surgeon (and a big baby)lol I went home. I have been wearing a waist band that stretches and is 8" wide. It's neoprene and called The "Liomor Waist Trimmer". I would recommend using this to anyone when recovering from this procedure. It gives support when sitting up out of a chair or even sneezing.
This will work out well once I fully recover. Until now I was limiting my dead lifts to 225lbs because of this and hardly squatting anything. Really looking forward to ripping all this mess apart and going back again. The O.R is so much fun. :)

CG

Last edited:
Glad to hear it went well

glad to hear that things went well... what is your recovery time before you can get back at it?

I go in for my surgery tomorrow morning :confused:

He told me after six weeks I will be as recovered as I will ever get. But at the moment I can still feel shit has been changed around and cut on.

CG

I had mine mid Dec.

Was back in the gym on the treadmill Jan 1.

End of Jan I'm doing 450 rack pulls, super heavy leg press, but still cautious with full deadlifts and squats. Mine was inguinal, so below my weight belt, and I don't want to deal with that shit again.

I will say, to anyone looking, get quotes from hospitals before you get this surgery. I didn't, mine ended up costing me my full deductible from my health ins (which was $5000). It was literally more than my gyno surgery which was elective and I paid fully out of pocket. The "full price" of the hernia surgery listed to me was $25k via the hospital. There are probably outpatient surgery centers not connected to hospitals that can do it cheaper.

Thanks for the info. I've got to do this as well
Just need to get it schedule

Thanks for the info. I've got to do this as well
Just need to get it schedule
Hope you continue to have a good recovery

I was considering goin to gym after 4 weeks post surgery just to test the waters.

but I think i'll wait the whole time now... no sense in risking it.

I only got 1 hernia tho (umbilical), and according to the surgeon, I was born with it.

stil don't see any need to go heavy on deadlifts anymore or do barbell squats... risk/reward doesn't cut it

Slice, I'm planning on returning to the gym my third week. But it will only involve isolated moves that put almost nothing on my core. At my age I'm afraid to go that long with no exercise. I might atrophy away.
I have already altered my diet starting tomorrow to start titrating my calories back up slowly as I increase to load.

CG

4 weeks post op and i couldn't feel better. Literally after 16-17 days post op you'll feel better substantially every day.

4 weeks post op and i couldn't feel better. Literally after 16-17 days post op you'll feel better substantially every day.

my surgery is going to be done laparoscopically.. surgeon said I shouldnt really need any heavy painkillers.. he suggested motrin

hope the subsequent pain isn't too bad cause I gotta focus on studying :confused:

Slice, I'm planning on returning to the gym my third week. But it will only involve isolated moves that put almost nothing on my core. At my age I'm afraid to go that long with no exercise. I might atrophy away.
I have already altered my diet starting tomorrow to start titrating my calories back up slowly as I increase to load.

CG
What's up brother I was wondering what happened to you? Glad to hear the surgery went well sucks you had 5 though instead of 1. About the deadlifts and squats I have a bad lower back so when I do deadlifts or squats I just make sure it's the last exercise I do for instance I will do back and traps in the same day and after doing 6 exercises with probably 36 or 37 sets including the few drops sets I will go deadlift after that when I'm pre exhausted. It's a lot safer that way I will literally sometimes only have 135 on the bar for 12 reps. I feel like a bitch when people are looking at me wondering why I only have 135 on the bar. Ever since I've been doing that both for deadlifts and squats I haven't had any problems with my lower back I definitely should just pre exhausting the legs before squats for everyone..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

CG glad your recovery is going well...listen to your body!

Little Slice good luck tomorrow! Hopefully you have a perfect recovery too...weights will still be there.

Squatted and did rack dead for the first time.

3 sets of each 225x10. Zero pain. Core was a bit sore the following morning. Wont go up from this weight for 2 weeks.

GL LS, you'll be good. Should be able to study just fine bro. I did. You'll have plenty of time on your hands. :banghead:

I just had mine a couple of days ago.

It was my second one. I had one on the other side a couple years ago.

The last one I was back in the gym in 2 weeks doing light cardio, and 3-4 weeks lifting. I'm hoping to do the same this time but definitely being careful. I don't want to go through this again.

Glad to hear there were No complications.
Dr. told me 6 weeks I would be 100%. Took 16wks, but what do they know about being 100%.
There 100% is are 50%.

Good luck tomorrow slice. Thanks for the update man. My wife is trying to get me to go in and get mine fixed. Epoxy thanks. I'll be calling around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear there were No complications.
Dr. told me 6 weeks I would be 100%. Took 16wks, but what do they know about being 100%.
There 100% is are 50%.

Yeah, it took me a while the last time to get back to lifitng heavy. However, I was back in the gym in 6 weeks probably going 75 percent maybe 80 percent.

It is definitely taking me longer to recover this time. It's been a couple days now and still a lot of swelling that I didnt have last time.

Any one who is putting this off, I say get it done now and begin the recovery

11 days post-op and still really swollen where he cut.

The bruising is slowly starting to go away, but that swelling is pretty much the same is it was the day after surgery.

The dr said its normal and I should be good in 6 weeks.

I had this same surgery many years ago and the recovery was faster. It sucks.

I went to the gym today for the first time and did some work on the stair master and some light stretching.

Last edited:
I had the surgery two weeks ago from last Friday. Going to be starting light cardio in the morning and some stepper work in the late after noon. Once the sergion had me opened up he found a total of (five) hernias that he repaired. Can you imagine that? I thought I only had one. So it was a much more involved procedure than what I expected. I was still an out patient but the surgeon urged me to stay over night. But because I'm much smarter than the surgeon (and a big baby)lol I went home. I have been wearing a waist band that stretches and is 8" wide. It's neoprene and called The "Liomor Waist Trimmer". I would recommend using this to anyone when recovering from this procedure. It gives support when sitting up out of a chair or even sneezing.
This will work out well once I fully recover. Until now I was limiting my dead lifts to 225lbs because of this and hardly squatting anything. Really looking forward to ripping all this mess apart and going back again. The O.R is so much fun. :)

CG

I had the same thing happen. I went in for 1 hernia and he repaired 4 hernias. Heal up quickly!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity