over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hernia surgery

bill2

Registered
Hey guys I’m about to do a hernia sergery at February 2. Does anyone has done hernia surgery and what steps must be taken for a fast gym comeback?
How can I approach exercise -cardio-lifting after surgery Anyone can share his experience please?

I have had a few..umbilical, groin, hiatal..you name it.

Just take it easy man..walking should be it for a while..just rebuild stabilizers by walking

I had a double enguinal hernia . Recovery wasn't bad , just take it easy and be ready to take a few weeks off of any heavy lifting . Also you ll have an odd soreness whenever you're run down and tired feeling for a few months

What type of hernia is it and how severe is it? I had umbilical hernia surgery earlier this year.

I had 2 inguinal surgeries.

The first one was easy.
The second one was with a different dr and much worse. A lot of swelling, purple dick and balls, and a couple weeks to recover.

Take it easy for weeks, no lifting till your sure healing has taken place. I've had 2 in the past 10 years, all good after surgery I report.

I had 2 hernias repaired on the same day. I was in the gym 2 weeks later but I was only using machines for upper body and 20-30 reps. And also i started injecting tb500 first day after surgery- i am sure it speed up recovery by miles.

What type of hernia is it and how severe is it? I had umbilical hernia surgery earlier this year.

I have a small umbilical hernia that will need to be surgically repaired. I'd be interested in hearing about your experience.

In my case, the surgeon said he would do the procedure "open" and use stitches instead of mesh given the size.

Thanks guys for the responses!I have a small hernia above my belly button . The surgeon said he will place a mesh to cover the damaged tissue and cover the hole bellow the abdominal wall.

I intend to start walking after a week from the surgery but when can I start wheight training again..? And how should I approach poundage’s and intensity..?
Also any advise to speed up healing ?
Tb500 must be good for this!

I had one repaired in 2019.I was back lifting after two weeks Very light no deads and squats but very light work.I was back to normal after four months.If something aggravates it stop immediately.

I had a left inguinal hernia repaired 14 years ago.

Just take 6 weeks off the gym. Take it as an opportunity to get the inflammation out of your body, get rid of the aches and pains etc. I'd also take it as an opportunity to clean out your system from gear etc.

When you finally do make it back to the gym, pay attention to how you feel on certain exercises. If you feel a tugging sensation in the surgical area - don't do that movement. Lol

I have a small umbilical hernia that will need to be surgically repaired. I'd be interested in hearing about your experience.

In my case, the surgeon said he would do the procedure "open" and use stitches instead of mesh given the size.

That's exactly what my surgeon did for me. It was an easy recovery!

I've had 3 umbilical hernia repairs years ago (30-40). Took 6 weeks off after surgery.
I had a double inguinal surgery Oct. 19. He put a 2"x4" mesh on each side using robotics.
No sewing at all. He placed the mesh between the layers of muscle (like a book on its spine and the pages opening up) and said the muscle would grow into the mesh.
Balls and dick were purple and sore for 3 weeks. The dr. released me after 13 days. I said that was kind of early.
He said you know what you can do just be careful. I started with benches with feet on the bench, triceps, and biceps work. Nothing to stress the ab area. I also did high rep leg extensions.
I didn't do any shoulder (overhead work), lat (also overhead work), or lower back work (deads or squats) for 6 weeks.
Took it easy on the squats (1 plate) just to go thru the motions. I'm having left hip replacement surgery Dec. 20. That will shut down everything except biceps, lateral raises, triceps pressdowns.
There will be no physical therapy. I was told to walk every hour I was awake for a short walk and build it up to a mile. Told me to make sure when I walk to go so far but to remember I have to walk back. Main thing to remember is the gym will be there when you're ready. Take you rest and recover. You'll come back. Muscle memory is great.

Hey guys I’m about to do a hernia sergery at February 2. Does anyone has done hernia surgery and what steps must be taken for a fast gym comeback?
How can I approach exercise -cardio-lifting after surgery Anyone can share his experience please?
Its common issue for many lifter dealing with Hernias, It all depends on the type a Hernia

Types of hernias include:
Inguinal hernia.
Femoral hernia.
Umbilical hernia.
Incisional hernia.
Epigastric hernia.
Hiatal hernia.
Each individually has duration healing process, my advice law low rest up no straining or lifting within 2-3+ weeks walking short distance to keep yourself acclimated.
Per your primary care will determine what is the next level before he/she sign you off back to training

Just finished umbilical hernia repair three weeks ago. I did that nine weeks after rotator cuff/bicep tendon repair. Obviously, I was trying to get everything done as closely together as possible to minimize downtime. They used the new da Vinci robot, which is something I was unfamiliar with. My last two abdominal/umbilical hernia surgeries were done through standard open procedure. The initial response felt like somebody hit me in the gut with a bat as if my organs hurt. After a few days that subsided. I started doing my cardio literally the next day after surgery in order to hasten the healing process. In truth the first day I went I only made it about 15 minutes and I had to stop because the pain was so intense. Day two, I was smart enough to take one of the oxys they prescribed for me and wait about 30 minutes till it kicked in and then I was able to do my regular cardio. I’m not suggesting or recommending anybody follow the same footsteps I did but some of us do this for different reasons than others. For me, it’s a means of survival, like oxygen. All in all ,the da Vinci robot healed fast and within two weeks I was training legs super light, but with my belt really tight .

I’ve had two hernia surgery’s and there’s nothing you can do to speed up the healing process to get back in the gym except rest. If you are like me and have trouble holding back the intensity in the gym, I’d wait 6 weeks before your return. Train moderately your first week back and then on week 7 you can go back to training full-throttle. Your second option is to go back to the gym and train light with low intensity after 4 weeks then hit it hard after 6 weeks. I didn’t take that chance. I waited 6 weeks before training because I’ve seen two people have to go back in for another surgery because they came back to the gym and pushed it to early. Every time they cut in that area the more scar tissue it makes—lessening your chances to get out of pain. Best to have patience.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws