over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

hernia???

flex

Newbies
this is my first post so i would like to say hey to everybody.im a memeber over at another board but figured i would give this one a try because it seems to have a lot of great bros on it.

well my first post will be a question and here it goes. i went to the doc the other day basically for a checkupand some bloodwork.i told him to check for hernias because my friend just had one and i was wanting to be on the safe side.well a couple days before i did some pretty heavy deadlifts and my whole body was sore i mean abs traps legs my whole stomach was sore.well the doc mashed around and nothing then he poked my bellybutton and it kinda hurt.well he said i had a hernia.i was like i dont have a bulge or anything and he said well its very small but ill do SURGERY on it Friday.
the next day i went for a second opionion at another clinic.well i told the new doc what was going on and he said he didnt see any hernia.the doc said that the bellybutton is a weak spot and i just strained to hard and made it sore.he asked had it ever hurt before and i said yeah for as long as i could remember its always been sensitve.well he did an ultra sound and they didnt see anything.he told me that the other doc seen i had good insurance and was just going to cut me open put 2 or 3 stitches in me and send me home and get some money.
later that day i called to cancel surgery and i asked the doc if he were to do surgery would he use the mesh and he said no that 2 stitches is all it would take to fix mine.so at this point im still confused so i call my wifes cousin who dates a doctor and told him what each one did and told him my syptoms and he said he thought i was fine.he told me that the ultrasound would have showed the hernia if i had one.

so basically what i want to know is what do you all think?do you all think im fine.i mean do any of you all have sensitve bellybuttons :D after you strain really hard.

Last edited:
i have a hernia, and so do a lot of guys who juice sooner or later. Mine is above my wang on the left side. I am not working out right now because of it. Everytime you strain it will get worse. Getting two stiches is better than 20 IMO. It's up to you... take it easy and watch that area. if you do have one, it can only get worse, not better. It is a tear in the wall lining... good luck.... welcome to the shitty ass hernia club bro!

had double hernias....

I was powerlifting in highschool my senior year squating 400 plus for some reps (not bad considering i was 132lbs) before a big state meet. Then all of a sudden boom pain in the groin etc... Went to my Fam Physician and he said "yup, you got a inguinal hernia. I had surgery with mesh but when the doc was in there they found the other side had one too. So they meshed me up. I havent had a prob since. Although I walked with a hunch for a few weeks due to the severe pain in my lower ab muscles. The thing is a abdominal hernia can become strangulated. Then the intestine protruding will be consricted of blood flow thus causing it to become necrotic(dead tissue). Then your talking bowel reconstruction and sometimes I have seen them become gangrenous. Just be safe. :)

do you all think the ultrasound would have showed it?

Manual exam...

A manual exam should show the tear. Yes the ultrasound should show it for sure. If you feel strongly about this get a second opinion from another doctor.

zephyr22 said:
A manual exam should show the tear. Yes the ultrasound should show it for sure. If you feel strongly about this get a second opinion from another doctor.
well the ultrasound didnt show a thing but when you have one doc say its a small hernia and one say hey your fine theres nothing and im saying it and the ultrasound shows it i shouldnt be worried.im just so paranoid its just that i dont want one because i have a show in April and i dont want any setbacks.how positive is a ultrasound?

just got back to the gym after mine. been off for 6 weeks. pain was bad for 2-3 days but after that I was good to go. I would do as I did. the sooner you have it fixed the easyer the recovery will be on you. I had mine done 2 weeks after finding out I had it.

PUMPED said:
just got back to the gym after mine. been off for 6 weeks. pain was bad for 2-3 days but after that I was good to go. I would do as I did. the sooner you have it fixed the easyer the recovery will be on you. I had mine done 2 weeks after finding out I had it.
yeah but i dont know if i have one.the ultrasound says no.how did you konw you had one?
?

HEY FLEX

Bro I wouldn't worry about it if I were you . I know you want to make sure your okay and that's a good policy in this game, but it sounds too me like you have nothing to worry about. I have a navel that's sticking out like a grape and that is a hernia but the doc said it is minor and would be a year or so before it gets to the point where I'll have to have the surgery. So unless you can actually see something trying to push out then I would'nt bother.

Thor said:
Bro I wouldn't worry about it if I were you . I know you want to make sure your okay and that's a good policy in this game, but it sounds too me like you have nothing to worry about. I have a navel that's sticking out like a grape and that is a hernia but the doc said it is minor and would be a year or so before it gets to the point where I'll have to have the surgery. So unless you can actually see something trying to push out then I would'nt bother.
well my whole navel doesnt stick out just one little spot and they could be just the way my navel is.mine is not even close to the size of a raisin.did the doc do an ultrasound on you?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws