over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

hernia?

PUMPED

Registered
I have just noticed a knot right above my belly botton it dosent hurt and I dont feel a pulling or any pain while lifting. could this be the start of a hernia?

I got one of those when I was prepping for my last contest. I thought I "overdid" working my abs - LOL :eek:

When I was at the orthopod's, he had me visit with a surgeon about it. I forget what type of hernia it was called but he said it was heriditary?!? He said he could fix it but chances are good that it would come back (pop out again). He said since it doesn't bother to leave it alone.

It only really protrudes out after I've been overeating :p :eek:

I got it

It popped up a few monhs ago.Its definetly a hernia but it doesnt hurt and although I was thinking of getting it fixed,its not that bad yet.So I have been working through it with no problems....

damn guys I dont think this is something to let go. I guess I need to have it checked.

I cant beleave he said it would come back?

wanna be freaked out? look up hernias and see why it protrudes hehehhe.... they will use gore tex and fix it, there is a good chance that the gore tex may not hold for athletes is why he said it may come back... it can be serious and it can be nothing.... best to just get it checked out and go with good medical advice.

PUMPED said:
What kind of doc do you call about this?
get a referal from your family doc.

what about surgery and AAS? I just started a cycle so how long off should I be before sugery

Here was original post about mine, and the comments:

PUMPED said:
what about surgery and AAS? I just started a cycle so how long off should I be before sugery
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4197

As saint said, if they use the "mesh," it should hold. But doc knew how much I worked out and felt it wouldn't. He specialized in surgery and I believe was in internal medicine.

You should see your PCP then get a referral to a general surgeon. Than "thing" poking through your abdominals is your intestines. They can become strangulated and cut off blood supply which results in some very serious complications. I have had 2 hernia repairs, the MD did not use the mesh the first time so I ripped it again. Have had no problem with the second repair with the mesh and I deadlift, squat...etc heavy. It is about a six week recovery, and trust me you won't even want to lift for the first 2 weeks. It is a very simple sx, about a 1 in incision below your belly button. Good luck!

mine is on the top side of the belly botton. I have a appontment this monday to have it looked at.

listen to txgymgrl

sounds like a hernia just like i had....I had it fixed last tues. so im sitting on my butt now for awhile...mandatory rest time... But i would get it looked at and fixed if its still small before it gets larger...I waited 2 years and it slowly was growing...good luck though jimmy58

TxGymGrl said:
You should see your PCP then get a referral to a general surgeon. Than "thing" poking through your abdominals is your intestines. They can become strangulated and cut off blood supply which results in some very serious complications. I have had 2 hernia repairs, the MD did not use the mesh the first time so I ripped it again. Have had no problem with the second repair with the mesh and I deadlift, squat...etc heavy. It is about a six week recovery, and trust me you won't even want to lift for the first 2 weeks. It is a very simple sx, about a 1 in incision below your belly button. Good luck!
Well the surgeon I saw descibed the type of hernia I have (and there apparently are two types) is not a problem unless it "bothers" you - and it's in the same spot described by Pumped (and it didn't bother just was noticable). In today's arena of lawsuits, do you think a surgeon is going to send me home to die from his advice?!?! :p ;) :D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131