over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hernon Old Training Method Revisited: 2022

Training wise i have worked with meadows (rip) , got milos training plan, ive also done SST with nicolas villoud etc...
johns training is the best and most structured-- purely because he makes you think about what your doing on each rep...
the best i EVER grew, was with Jason huh--- he has me doing TONS of volume, im talking 6-7 exercises, 5-6 sets , reps 8-15... grew well..

Anyway--- in terms of training, since ive moved to the middle east, they DO nothing special, at all ( i mean fst7 sometimes ) its all HIGH volume,
high frequency, lol pretty much like old school training--- the guys out their are built like crazy--- and their dosages arent crazy---- well maybe im nothing and they didn't want to put me on loads, but all i can say is i had some time under the camel crew with other friends, and the dosages were lower then what ive been asked to do from american and uk coaches--- the only difference is they seem to change compounds contiously no matter what phase your in bulk or cut lol
So for training the middle east Oxygen guys are just doing the typical high volume, high frequency, more is better type stuff? Which I assume means recovery and overtraining are not top concerns. What about intensity as far as training to failure?

I do something similar. 225lbs....100 reps, no matter how many sets it takes. Naturally the first couple of sets are pretty high rep.

I have contemplated doing that 100 rep. total scheme but never got around to doing it. (Hard to believe I know.) Might be a good way to break up things now and again. If only I could count that high 😉.

I am really a low set / low volume, high intensity (for me), fast paced workout kinda guy, that is my sweet spot, where I have made my best gains . . . in the past.
Now it is just a wet dream. 🙁

Do you recall the time component for this commitment? How long does it typically take per body part?

I have contemplated doing that 100 rep. total scheme but never got around to doing it. (Hard to believe I know.) Might be a good way to break up things now and again. If only I could count that high 😉.

I am really a low set / low volume, high intensity (for me), fast paced workout kinda guy, that is my sweet spot, where I have made my best gains . . . in the past.
Now it is just a wet dream. 🙁

Do you recall the time component for this commitment? How long does it typically take per body part?
It's actually pretty quick, you know when u hit 100 you get to leave, so it's a motivated 100 reps. Idk, 20-25 minutes, then I'll do some ham curls at walk out. 40 minute workout tops. Might be quicker.

Well I've always thought the best routine is one your willing to do consistently.. if you dread your routine it's already a failure
I never understood this statement. I dread leg day but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna do them.

I never understood this statement. I dread leg day but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna do them.
I'm talking about your favorite training principals... supersets.. high volume.. low volume.. whatever you like doing... no one is talking about skipping leg days.. etc.. just doing the type of training you like.

I'm talking about your favorite training principals... supersets.. high volume.. low volume.. whatever you like doing... no one is talking about skipping leg days.. etc.. just doing the type of training you like.
I agree. If you enjoy your training style, you’re more likely to be consistent and put more effort into it

I agree. If you enjoy your training style, you’re more likely to be consistent and put more effort into it

. . . but only if you are getting the desired results from your training routine.

Think definition of insanity.

Regardless of what training program you use, training consistently with intensity is the most important component. Next is how much volume is appropriate over time for each body part as it will vary among each individual.

There's no way I can do a first set at REAL 5RM, drop weight by 10% and do 10 reps, even with a 5' rest.
I can do six if I'm lucky.

There's no way I can do a first set at REAL 5RM, drop weight by 10% and do 10 reps, even with a 5' rest.
I can do six if I'm lucky.
The number of repetitions is not so important. The message is: don't use the same weight twice in one workout. Start with a heavy set. 5 - 8 reps, then decrease the weight by 10 - 15%, then again.

Training wise i have worked with meadows (rip) , got milos training plan, ive also done SST with nicolas villoud etc...
johns training is the best and most structured-- purely because he makes you think about what your doing on each rep...
the best i EVER grew, was with Jason huh--- he has me doing TONS of volume, im talking 6-7 exercises, 5-6 sets , reps 8-15... grew well..

Anyway--- in terms of training, since ive moved to the middle east, they DO nothing special, at all ( i mean fst7 sometimes ) its all HIGH volume,
high frequency, lol pretty much like old school training--- the guys out their are built like crazy--- and their dosages arent crazy---- well maybe im nothing and they didn't want to put me on loads, but all i can say is i had some time under the camel crew with other friends, and the dosages were lower then what ive been asked to do from american and uk coaches--- the only difference is they seem to change compounds contiously no matter what phase your in bulk or cut lol
How many of your sets were to failure with Jason and how many total sets are the Middle East are doing

Phil did change his routine threw the years but his philosophy never changed he always believed in high frequency and low volume training . Definitely a innovator

The number of repetitions is not so important. The message is: don't use the same weight twice in one workout. Start with a heavy set. 5 - 8 reps, then decrease the weight by 10 - 15%, then again.

That is not what Phil said.

Phil trained me for several years. Mainly the three working sets to failure, starting at a top weight for 5-7 reps and decrease the weight 10% after each set. I was talking to him on the phone and told him that I was having trouble with some body parts because for some the weight reduction resulted in hitting about the same reps each set, some I had a slight increase in reps each set, some had fairly large increase in reps each set. His reply was, "I told you to not count the reps on sets two and three, if you go to failure what difference does it make? Stop overthinking it and just go to failure"

Phil trained me for several years. Mainly the three working sets to failure, starting at a top weight for 5-7 reps and decrease the weight 10% after each set. I was talking to him on the phone and told him that I was having trouble with some body parts because for some the weight reduction resulted in hitting about the same reps each set, some I had a slight increase in reps each set, some had fairly large increase in reps each set. His reply was, "I told you to not count the reps on sets two and three, if you go to failure what difference does it make? Stop overthinking it and just go to failure"
Thanks for that. Glad to know I was not misremembering.

Always liked Phil’s style.

This makes sense. I never understood the idea to pyramid up. To me then only one set is a true intense set. The ones leading up would just be warmup sets. Hernon method makes more sense if someone doesn't want to use the same weight for all work sets IMO

He did basically, it was a fundamental piece of teaching how to train to the brink. I worked off and on w him for a total of 3 years. To this day, I don’t really count reps on back off sets… just take it to absolute failure (form breakdown). It’s also a form of auto-regulation

Dens broke it down pretty well and basically that’s we he told us circa 2006-2012. I’d have to sift through emails.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear