over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hey Ivan

F

freefaller21

You seem to be the "go to guy" around here for advice on fighting/martial arts. Well I'm going to be signing up at a club in my area to learn Jeet Kune Do and Kali. The club also offers classes in wrestling, BJJ, muay thai, vale tudo, and a few others. I'm looking for something that is effective for the streets, do you think JKD is a good choice for this, I have some experiance with traditional ju jitsu and kickboxing, any tips?

sure

Well since you already have exp. w/ Jui-Jitsu and Kiciboxing I would stress WRESTLING, working on the basics, start at your stance, do not sugar foot, learn to sprawl FAST....Then move back to your vale-tudo/BJJ.

For the streets you need to learn how to move around and take somebody down. Also need to learn how to take a punch...After awhile that funny "punch drunk/wobbly legs" feeling will go away and you can get CLOCKED and barely be effected --- unless it is a big MOFO, then I do not car how much of a punch you can take, you will go down --- in this case it is ALL ABOUT MOVEMENT -- head and feet.

Learn to move into a punch, to the side so you can counter, stick and move, throw some good counter punches, knees, then either do a duck under or throw a rolling hook, OR shoot in, and when you shoot in, GOD DAMNIT, YOU HAFTA go like you were shot outta gun, never stop driving until you drove the back of his skull into the ground, then mount.

And lastly, practice, practice, practice. Soon you will no longer think in a fight, you will simply react. I can grapple blindfolded and do very well...

ONE MORE THING --- your body is nothing more than a tool for your inner voice/soul. Be strong inside, be hungry and REFUSE TO LOSE. Never stop, be the most relentless fucker out there, know you are better, I even used to talk to some of my opponents, getting in their heads, WINNING. Do whatever it takes, because when you fight, it is your ass or his. And do not be afraid to get hit, I LIKE when I get blasted, it reminds me I am a warrior and it is all part of the game...

Thanks for the advice bro, I'll try to keep that all in mind. By the way do you still fight competitively or are you know focusing more on bodybuilding?

hey Ivan out of curiosity whats your fav take down any way. I mine has always been the hang single, followed closely by the double leg.

ok

Free: pretty much done on fighitng (long story) and ya I want to be a freak now, but will have to wait until school starts die to my summer job packing rock.

CJ --- heh heh I LOVE duck unders where I get to your back and do a salto etc....

Also a quick head and arm/sap (the way I throw it) can make for a beautiful and crushing takedown/slam.

Of course nothing like a high crotch double where they get tons of air!

hahah sounds like you have a background with roman greaco lol those have been the only guys Ive come across who have realy mastered the duck under.

HAHAHA........GUESS GUYS WHO PISS YOU OFF SHOULD BE WEARING A HELMET!

FOLKS MIGHT WANT TO THINK ABOUT THAT. HAHAHAAHA......I HOPE YOU ACCOMPLISH GETTING BIG AND FREAKY, IVAN.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws