over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hey Magnum: Any updates on King?

NixLifter

Registered
Hey magnum, we haven't heard too much from ya latelly and i kow you are getting busy seeing as how king is 4 weeks out from the new york. how is it going? any updates?
thanks man, and good luck!
-NixLifter

Yep, just a few minutes ago I saw pics. He is 4 weeks and 3 days out at 256. He has plenty of size so I am going to do my best to bring in an extreme display of conditioning.

thanks for the update. i know you can't post the pics (or can you?), so i will be watching hoping for the best. It will be good to see him on stage again. Good luck and send him our "Hello"s from ProM!
-NixLifter

Heys guys, thought I would give you an update on King's progress. I just got in from a show I went to this past weekend and King had sent me some 4 week out pics. Unfortunately he does not want me to post any and so I will respect his wishes on this. He currently weighs 254. Now, you guys know that I do not exaggerate. At first glance I thought that he accidently sent me last years 4 day out pics, but quickly realized that they were not since they look slightly morphed. :D He is bigger and VERY lean right now. He is on schedule and I am nowhere near satisfied yet.

Thanks Magnum. Sounds like some big changes since last year. We all look forward to some pics when King agrees to give us a peek. Hey King, sounds awesome. I wish you all the best with the rest of your prep and success at your shows. Put up some photos when you can please. We's all love to see your progression. Go for it!!

I'm not sure if you can or will talk about it but I thought you said Betty dropped carbs for her show. Do you go zero carbs the whole time or rotate carb days? I don't do shows but use carbs for dieting when I get fatter than I care to be or summer gets close and wondered what you did. Whatever you are willing to disclose is appreciated. Thanks.

I drop everyones carbs to almost zero the whole time and prefer to add in carb days when needed. I do not carb up for shows nor do I use diuretics.

Magnum said:
I drop everyones carbs to almost zero the whole time and prefer to add in carb days when needed. I do not carb up for shows nor do I use diuretics.

Do you use PWO carbs at all? If so, what sources?? Thanks mag..

HELLA SWOLE said:
Do you use PWO carbs at all? If so, what sources?? Thanks mag..

Not during contest phase.

Magnum said:
Not during contest phase.
without giving away too much free info, could you elaborate just a tad on that???? you got my attention, as im really curious why and how??

by the way i did a slight lil bragging on king over at muscle mayhem and said that he is going to do better than everyone thinks (they aren't giving him much of a chance) i said he will be shredded that i am quite sure of and will place higher than alot of those guys think he will. tell king i said GIVE EM HELL BRO! ;)

Thanks Magnum. I drop mine to zero for three days(+ vitamins and calcium) and then eat clean for one and back off carbs. I like no hunger from no low blood sugar feedback. It kills any other diet style for results. I'llgo and reread your diet prep post again.

I don't mind giving out info cause I like to share stuff and to be honest if I layed out the exact plan for the guys I train it would not work exactly as it did for them although it MIGHT benefit you. Since everybody is an individual what I do varies slightly from person to person.

King has been on very low carbs the whole time. He is bigger and harder than ever. He literally could step on stage right now and look better than he has in most of his shows. I did the same thing for Betty. I started to work with her 6weeks out and immediately dropped her carbs to zero. She only lost about 6 pounds in 6 weeks. In the past I used to carb people up although not to the degree that most do, but now I don't at all. It is usually about 10 days out that they have their last carb meal. From there on in it's zero. :D

I noticed...

On all the Battle for the Olympia videos, the pros look super dry 1-2 weeks out when they are still intaking a lot of water and sodium, but their carbs are pretty damn low. It always made me wonder why they would lose that "dryness" come show time.

Carbing up to get fuller but at the expense of conditioning?

b-boy said:
without giving away too much free info, could you elaborate just a tad on that???? you got my attention, as im really curious why and how??

by the way i did a slight lil bragging on king over at muscle mayhem and said that he is going to do better than everyone thinks (they aren't giving him much of a chance) i said he will be shredded that i am quite sure of and will place higher than alot of those guys think he will. tell king i said GIVE EM HELL BRO! ;)

Let them talk all they want bro. Conest day will speak for itself.

On that subject, I used to not think so much about King because I was a pawn of the magazine media,
but these updates combined with how he acts on the board shows me I was DEAD WRONG! I have converted!
I cant wait to see the finished product and I will be cheering him on for sure.

Just got the pix from Jim.......

Very hard in most places (except glutes and arms) but still looks kinda flat (thats fine) First thing that stood out is the ham/quad seperation from the side. SICK. Tons of detail in there also. Quads need to be bigger. Glutes could be tighter, but it could also be water or due to being somewhat flat. Lower back is SHREADED beyond belief with tons of detail. Back is alot thicker. Thats a strong point for Kamali as i see it. Waist DEFINATLY looks smaller, its obvious that was a goal because its VERY noticable. Wish i had better pix from the front to see what the taper and arms look like more.

Overall...... improved by a mile. He will be by FAR in the best shape he has ever achieved in an IFBB show (never saw him before that so i cant comment). Magnum is da MAN..... i was suprised because i wasnt expecting to see what i saw.... now im curious how it turns out!

Thanks bro. Keep in mind these pics are 4 weeks out. At this point I am just working on getting the rest of the fat off. Due to a change in schedule King had to compete sooner than planned so I really didn't have an offseason with him although he did put some muscle on him for sure. My goal at this point is all about conditioning. I will do my best. Appreciate the feedback. :)

Magnum shared the pics with me as we are very close friends. All I can say is that King is going to surprise alot of people. His conditioning will be the best it's ever been. People are going to be very surprised with King's new look. I just want the haters to eat their words.
King is a good guy and deserves the credit where credit is due. Congratulations Magnum no matter what the placing will be.....he has come a long way. The best part about it is that you will have helped him achieve his best conditioning ever without taking significant health risks. That is the best part of all of this. Please give my best wishes to King.

Im looking forwad to the finished product. The two photos I saw briefly were pretty freaky.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws