over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hey Phil---Blast from the past

This guy was a monster in my area when I was growing up in Massachusetts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8abnG1rW1k

Chuck Re....Right after him timewise came Mattarrazzo and Demayo but this guy was the freak that started the domino effect. I think he is only 19, 20 here in this vid, he got much larger later. I am pretty sure he got well up in the 300's in the offseason and he was an absolute walking house. Dont know what ever happened to him.....I remember looking over at him in the audience at a show back n the day and thinking "Damn that guy can hardly fit in the seat, he has got to be 340 pounds"

Indiana Bodybuilders

Hey DC,

yep...there are some good bodybuilders from Indiana...more recently..Brian Connell, Adam Lyons....
My friend Gary Passmore was the best...one word describes him GENETICS..and he basically had the upper body of a lightheavyweight... and you know what?? he NEVER deadlifts!! told me that several times!!

**broken link removed**

yes i remember banter--great physique (tear a pec once?)

Did he have a younger brother too Franco?

Lot of great bbers seem to come out of Indiana--alot of AAU guys back in the day.

If Iamabadman gets on this thread and MG its going to be a field day. I know Iama was like me and just read everything and anything that even had remotely to do with the sport from cover to cover

Phil are you still training with Von Jipner? LOL

PHIL

Yep .....I have known Big Bill since I was just 13 yrs old.[ My dad had met him when he had just moved to Sac from San Jose to run a Gold's.] My dad said to me , " you want to go meet a big boy ? " We walked in and he was super setting 100 lb concentration curls with 100lb kickbacks[I will never forget that ]..........I was in awe........very wide huge back , and arms[no oil,synthol,site injects, seriously 22- 23 off season no bs ]........Confident , but very cool. I always respected him........He was worshiped by all of his friends.......His arrest lead to 3-4 yrs away , but he came back and has done ok for himself..........probbaly bigger than ever these days at 48 ........is going to try to be the first guy to do a raw 600lb bench over 50 .......I think he will get it too..........Do you remember Byran Elkins[aau cal winner], Pat Engleman[aau tall class winner], Dave Johnson, Tom Benz[aau cal winner] , paul Daniels[npc light winner], Carl Fears, Craig toney ,Luiz maza , Jack phau,Tony leets,Steve madsien [aau cal winner], Dave Stevens, Doung Wynter, Jason Domingo ,Gary Palmer,Josh Streef,gary wedit ,prent ridley,mike libby[cal winner], Landon goodman, Rich Jergin.s ?[ I can think of like at least 10 other guys who won local or state titles out of the gym out of that gym as well, but I cant think of last names or names at the moment ].............It was a great time to be a bber back then and although I was a football player.......I thrived in the atmosphere and miss it to this day ........There was one bike and one stair stepper [ and no one used either, except to warm up] .......there was one tanning bed where everyone went to have sex with the random girls that would time to time[think of how gross that thing was .....lol].......there were maybe five women that trained there .....one was Stella martienz that won the USA ........the rest were girls just watching.........people would just stand out side all day and watch guys train .......it was really a different time .......no aerobics , no gilrs , no older guys , just a bunch of guys 13- 50 training there asses off.........kind of reminds me of metro flex where Ronnie trains........that would be a close discription[ minus all the gangster rap .....lol....Bills would have had none of that ha ha ]

hey phil and DC--
harry dodich lies in lower alabama and runs a 3-4 planet fatness stores here. he also is a real estate agent in his spare time. he has a gut but is still a big guy(bigger than me anyway). he has run off most of the bb'ers and powerlifters in the gym and eats like total crap now. i think he meant to open a curves gym or something strictly for elderly only. anyway he is a big advocate of pre-exhaustion training and has removed dumbells above 60 lbs.! sorry to jump in the discussion guys but couldnt help it when i saw DC's comment on harry--LMFAO! By the way nice spread on DC training in MuscleMag, DC. later guys--
GL

Yep .....I have known Big Bill since I was just 13 yrs old.[ My dad had met him when he had just moved to Sac from San Jose to run a Gold's.] My dad said to me , " you want to go meet a big boy ? " We walked in and he was super setting 100 lb concentration curls with 100lb kickbacks[I will never forget that ]..........I was in awe........very wide huge back , and arms[no oil,synthol,site injects, seriously 22- 23 off season no bs ]........Confident , but very cool. I always respected him........He was worshiped by all of his friends.......His arrest lead to 3-4 yrs away , but he came back and has done ok for himself..........probbaly bigger than ever these days at 48 ........is going to try to be the first guy to do a raw 600lb bench over 50 .......I think he will get it too..........Do you remember Byran Elkins[aau cal winner], Pat Engleman[aau tall class winner], Dave Johnson, Tom Benz[aau cal winner] , paul Daniels[npc light winner], Carl Fears, Craig toney ,Luiz maza , Jack phau,Tony leets,Steve madsien [aau cal winner], Dave Stevens, Doung Wynter, Jason Domingo ,Gary Palmer,Josh Streef,gary wedit ,prent ridley,mike libby[cal winner], Landon goodman, Rich Jergin.s ?[ I can think of like at least 10 other guys who won local or state titles out of the gym out of that gym as well, but I cant think of last names or names at the moment ].............It was a great time to be a bber back then and although I was a football player.......I thrived in the atmosphere and miss it to this day ........There was one bike and one stair stepper [ and no one used either, except to warm up] .......there was one tanning bed where everyone went to have sex with the random girls that would time to time[think of how gross that thing was .....lol].......there were maybe five women that trained there .....one was Stella martienz that won the USA ........the rest were girls just watching.........people would just stand out side all day and watch guys train .......it was really a different time .......no aerobics , no gilrs , no older guys , just a bunch of guys 13- 50 training there asses off.........kind of reminds me of metro flex where Ronnie trains........that would be a close discription[ minus all the gangster rap .....lol....Bills would have had none of that ha ha ]

Hey Iabadman-
I see you are from Sacramento like me. Are you referring to Carl Fears who now owns "Fierce Fitness" which was formerly Muscle System for all those years?

Yep........Carl was always nice to me as a young kid.......I never forget seeing him do one arm db preacher curls[with 100lbs ] in the corner of the gym .......with the afternoon sunlight hitting the mirror just right ......... with his dark skin ,he looked sick .......He and a Big white guy Named Craig Toney [that lived with the barbarian brothers for a year and ms usa Stella martinez's husband at the time ,also step father to national competitor Rich ? fuck his name escapes me at the moment ......he was my age or a year younger....won the cal , teen cal , 6th in nationals still competes and is a great guy ....lives in venice area I think these days ......the whole family was cool] were two of the first guys to be tall and pretty darn big .........Craig was way strong .........they never looked super great on stage , but in the gym ......in shape ....and slinging heavy iron ,they were very impressive to a 16 yr old kid .........I hope Carl is well ......I heard he had a studio out by Hughs stadium.......not my part of town and I havent seen him in a very long time .......but he was always nice to me as a kid and impressed me alot ......

Ya...Im not a member now since im away at school. he took ownership of it right after i left, so i dont know him personally but know who he is. IMO probably the best gym I have set foot in. Extremely hardcore feel to it. Kris Dim trained at it his whole life until he recently opened his own studio in downtown sac. Sorry to take this off topic guys, ignore me and resume the original thread haha

Kris did train there , but spent most of his time at muscle systems on south watt[that is the gym he is training at in the battle for the O video and his video ].........When I was training to be big, I had to train there because it was the only gym in town that had 200 lb dbs.......the gym was hardcore ......ghetto abit ........but a good place to get it done..........had everything from neck machines , to forearm equipment, to all sorts of cool bars and stuff........I am sad to hear of Kris's heart valve problem ......he was just in my club a couple of weeks ago ......he told me he was doing the Europa........I hope things work out for him he has had a tough couple of years.......He is a hero here in the cambodian community and he has a hard road ahead..........my warmest thoughts go out to him .......

Well Muscle systems is the gym i trained at until a few months ago, but I'm almost certain Carl Fears now owns Muscle System and has changed the name to Fierce Fitness. Ya the gym is a bit ghetto, but it is good none the less. Awseome equipment in my opinion. Ya some guys at muscle system were tellin me Kris has had some personal problems the last year or two. I used to visit his max muscle a lot, hes a real nice guy.

Last edited:
Wow I didnt know that I will have to float in and check it out and see if carl remembers me ........His old place was down by hugh stadium .........I hope that is the case .......carl was good folk.....

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear