over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HGH and blood pressure

bigtasty25

Registered
I’ve been on HRT for 5 years or so...been on 4iu hgh for as long as I can remember but recently a couple months ago upped it to 8iu. The last couple weeks I’ve noticed my blood pressure increasing and getting constant headaches...also noticed my liver enzymes were elevated due to blood tests. Question is...are these both related to the hgh? Doctor also said I have polycythemia ...(increased RBC count)...so just gave blood the other day to combat that....yet today still have an annoying headache (even with bp meds I take). Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated ;).

how is water retention? Are you holding some water?

Some, but nothing too significant...nothing like when I used to juice

8iu is a huge dose and totally unhealthy. Your resting heart rate is probably really high too.

8iu is a huge dose and totally unhealthy. Your resting heart rate is probably really high too.

8iu is unhealthy how?

Resting heart rate isn’t any different then what’s it’s been in the past...just the blood pressure is up a bit ...normally on 4iu it’s been in the normal range with my toprol for BP (metoprolol)...but even with double the medicated dose...it’s 150-160/90-100 lately ;/

I honestly didn’t know it could affect blood pressure or liver enzymes because in the literature I’ve never read anything relating to this...if anything in the literature, hgh has been shown to REDUCE BP...I guess that’s more so with an anti aging dose...not bodybuilding dose)

Last edited:
8iu is unhealthy how?

Resting heart rate isn’t any different then what’s it’s been in the past...just the blood pressure is up a bit ...normally on 4iu it’s been in the normal range with my toprol for BP (metoprolol)...but even with double the medicated dose...it’s 150-160/90-100 lately ;/

I honestly didn’t know it could affect blood pressure or liver enzymes because in the literature I’ve never read anything relating to this...if anything in the literature, hgh has been shown to REDUCE BP...I guess that’s more so with an anti aging dose...not bodybuilding dose)

Unhealthy how??

Well how about the fact it spiked your blood pressure. I mean you’re making a thread because it is hurting your health
Its not like you’re making a thread saying “wow guys i doubled the Gh look at these crazy before and after pics im so much bigger and better”

Moral of the story is its doing more harm then good back it down to 3-4 IU / day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait are you saying you don’t take gear anymore? Then you really don’t need 8iu a day. Stick with 3-4 lol

GH can affect the kidneys and the RAAS thus you are experiencing secondary hypertension. Just a sign that you need to back your dose down. Polycythemia is common when on exogenous testosterone butyou said you’re not on test anymore? Don’t know of any correlations between GH and RBC production, however, a quick pubmed search does show it to be a rare manifestation. So both should improve with lowering your dose.

Hgh raise bp lower your dose if you're concerned

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

The body seems to ebb and flow for random reasons. 8iu might be fine at one point and then detrimental at another point for unknown factors. We don't always know the reason for why the body acts the way it does. However, if you lower your dose you probably will be better off and when you feel better then climb back up if you want.

What I would do is go back to 4iu and let your BP stable. Then increase to 5iu for a while then 6iu etc. Find out where your limit is in regards to it raising your BP.

Have you tried splitting the dose etc? When you taking the 8iu and is it every day?

Also. From 4 to 8, what have you noticed in regards to positive changes on your physique etc?

The body seems to ebb and flow for random reasons. 8iu might be fine at one point and then detrimental at another point for unknown factors. We don't always know the reason for why the body acts the way it does. However, if you lower your dose you probably will be better off and when you feel better then climb back up if you want.

That’s most likely what I plan on doing ...because I’ve been on 8iu for about 2
Months now at least , with only high BP sides showing the last couple weeks.
I’m deciding to take this week off the gym to rest (I do once every 3-4 months) and just cease and take no HGH this week to give the body a break. Been one day no hgh and what do you know, no headaches , normal blood pressure ��
Right now I take toprol 25mg (beta blocker for BP) twice a day, prescribed by
My doc , I ordered lisinipril (ace inhibitor got BP) through a source on here ...I was prescribed it in the past when I used to do heavy cycles in the past, so am thinking of using the two together in a couple weeks and see how I do. If I still have these negative sides with BP I’ll just stay on 4iu. Honestly though what I’ve noticed was that I put on a solid 5-7lbs of lean mass and I’m
Leaner, hence why I didn’t want to lower the dose like it was no big deal lol. And I’ve been able to eat more while dieting which I could never do in the past. And for the one guy that said I’m not using anabolics, well I’m using 150mgs test cyp per week prescribed by my endo, so not entirely juice free lol. Thank you all for the feedback!! Much appreciated !! ��

Last edited:
Unhealthy how??

Well how about the fact it spiked your blood pressure. I mean you’re making a thread because it is hurting your health
Its not like you’re making a thread saying “wow guys i doubled the Gh look at these crazy before and after pics im so much bigger and better”

Moral of the story is its doing more harm then good back it down to 3-4 IU / day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True...I know that now..unfortunately in the literature it seems to show how blood pressure actually gets lowered from HGH usage;;but I guess that’s more so in anti aging usage, not bodybuilding dosages .

What I would do is go back to 4iu and let your BP stable. Then increase to 5iu for a while then 6iu etc. Find out where your limit is in regards to it raising your BP.

Have you tried splitting the dose etc? When you taking the 8iu and is it every day?

Also. From 4 to 8, what have you noticed in regards to positive changes on your physique etc?

8iu 5 days a week (40iu for the week total). And I normally take 3.5iu (1/3 of my dose) before work at 4;3oam(I work for ups in the warehouse so it’s basically 4 hours of cardio ). And I take the rest (5.5iu) preworkout. On Thursday I take 4 units (the other 4 days of the week I take 9 units), hence 40 units averaging 8iu a day.

In regards to changes I noticed a definitive size increase by about 5-7 lbs and gotten a bit leaner , also noticed I could eat more food while dieting. By no means am I big, but for a guy turning 38 soon on hrt I think I’m doing alright ;)

GH can affect the kidneys and the RAAS thus you are experiencing secondary hypertension. Just a sign that you need to back your dose down. Polycythemia is common when on exogenous testosterone butyou said you’re not on test anymore? Don’t know of any correlations between GH and RBC production, however, a quick pubmed search does show it to be a rare manifestation. So both should improve with lowering your dose.

I do take HRT so technically I do take test cyp but just for HRT reasons, since after all the years of competing it essentially killed my ‘boys’ and they’re in permanent dormancy lol. I did give blood the other day though just to get the rbc count under control ;)

Hey BigTasty I dont want to derail your thread, but do you mind just sharing a quick summary of what positive benefits you've noticed going from 4 iu to 8 iu? The most of ever run is 6 iu ed and thinking of running 8iu as well for just a couple months before summer and maybe throughout summer.

Thanks.

Hey BigTasty I dont want to derail your thread, but do you mind just sharing a quick summary of what positive benefits you've noticed going from 4 iu to 8 iu? The most of ever run is 6 iu ed and thinking of running 8iu as well for just a couple months before summer and maybe throughout summer.

Thanks.

Absolutely don’t mind! As for the positive (which until the last week or 2 outweighed the negatives)...I noticed more intense pumps...slightly increased strength....able to eat more while dieting...(you can get away with more )..better vascularity...and while slow bulking for a couple months I gained a solid 5-8lbs lean mass (after dieting down to the same leanness I was about 5-7lbs heavier). The negatives...numbness in hands from water retention (mostly my right hand)...and feet..very .slight water retention rest of body but hardly noticeable. This is me currently...just on HRT and when I was on 8iu hgh. If you’re newer to hgh I’d just go up 2iu for a month or two to assess tolerance then add a couple more iu if all is well..just make sure to get regular bloodwork and watch your blood pressure.

Here you go...
From a couple weeks ago..

Attachments

• 03B6DC63-07EB-4246-AB2E-00CC71E6B33C.jpeg
    03B6DC63-07EB-4246-AB2E-00CC71E6B33C.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 64

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics