YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HGH and our Immune System, does it help?

Hyperemia

Registered
Newbies
This is purely anecdotal. I am not making any claims, just had me thinking is all and wanted to start a discussion.

Since starting HGH, I havnt gotten sick. Not a cold, flu, Covid etc.

Except when I went off for a couple weeks for a trip. Caught the dreaded COVID. Now of course on the trip I took a flying metal tube packed like sardines and went to a resort with a buffet for breakfast. Obviously this is an ideal situation to get sick. I am not claiming I got sick because I was off HGH, but it got me thinking about immune system benefits of HGH.

Is the consensus that HGH helps the immune system via increasing T-Cells?

This is purely anecdotal. I am not making any claims, just had me thinking is all and wanted to start a discussion.

Except when I went off for a couple weeks for a trip. Caught the dreaded COVID. Now of course on the trip I took a flying metal tube packed like sardines and went to a resort with a buffet for breakfast. Obviously this is an ideal situation to get sick. I am not claiming I got sick because I was off HGH, but it got me thinking about immune system benefits of HGH.

How many years have you been on HGH? I typically would go 4-5+ years without a day sick and that was before i started HGH. Since i started HGH it has stayed about the same. I figure it is due to my healthy diet as when i are more like a normal American i got sick every year.

How many years have you been on HGH? I typically would go 4-5+ years without a day sick and that was before i started HGH. Since i started HGH it has stayed about the same. I figure it is due to my healthy diet as when i are more like a normal American i got sick every year.
Years....oh man, I wish. I just started maybe 6 months ago. Wish I would've started a lot sooner. As you know it's not a magic potion. On my recent cut, I am shocked at how well it preserved muscle. I tend to lose quite a bit of size when I cut (100% on me), but with GH it was a different story.

Buck, you made a lot of good points. Appreciate the response. Are you of the opinion, that it has no effect on the immune system or that it's negligible? You didn't say that, im just clarifying.

I get sick maybe once a year or every other year. Not too often. I was just curious after reading a few articles about it increasing T-Cells, if it in fact has a positive effect on the immune system. I cant seem to find a lot about it online, so I thought I'd turn here to the guys with brains bigger than mine.

I don't think coming off for a couple weeks nuked my immune system, but it certainly got me thinking on what else GH brings to the table.

Years....oh man, I wish. I just started maybe 6 months ago. Wish I would've started a lot sooner. As you know it's not a magic potion. On my recent cut, I am shocked at how well it preserved muscle. I tend to lose quite a bit of size when I cut (100% on me), but with GH it was a different story.

Buck, you made a lot of good points. Appreciate the response. Are you of the opinion, that it has no effect on the immune system or that it's negligible? You didn't say that, im just clarifying.

I get sick maybe once a year or every other year. Not too often. I was just curious after reading a few articles about it increasing T-Cells, if it in fact has a positive effect on the immune system. I cant seem to find a lot about it online, so I thought I'd turn here to the guys with brains bigger than mine.

I don't think coming off for a couple weeks nuked my immune system, but it certainly got me thinking on what else GH brings to the table.
I have seen no studies that show it enhances the immune system. And my experience is that it does not.
So you have tapered down from HGH once and got sick. How do you know that that wasn't just the 1 time a year that you normally get sick? No disrespect meant. Seems that there will be no way for you to say for sure till you have proven that it has exceeded what you have done in the past which will take at least 2-3 years a i see it.

I have seen no studies that show it enhances the immune system. And my experience is that it does not.
So you have tapered down from HGH once and got sick. How do you know that that wasn't just the 1 time a year that you normally get sick? No disrespect meant. Seems that there will be no way for you to say for sure till you have proven that it has exceeded what you have done in the past which will take at least 2-3 years a i see it.

No I hear you and I don't think it came off disrespectful. To be clear, I do not think I got sick from coming off GH and thats why I mentioned in the first post, "I am not claiming I got sick because I was off HGH, but it got me thinking about immune system benefits of HGH."

Getting sick was just a catalyst to thinking about the alleged immune system benefits. I just wanted to hear people thoughts and opinions.

As far as studies,

"Studies suggest that growth hormone may promote growth of the thymus, a gland responsible for the production of important immune cells called T cells."

I'm curious to the guys that have been on as long as you, 5+ years and if they've noticed any difference in how often they get sick because its one thing to see something on paper, but I always love real world experience as an additional data point.

maybe this will help open up some thought.

Pediatr Endocrinol Rev. 2004 Aug;1 Suppl 3:490-5.

Effect of growth hormone (GH) on the immune system​

Cristina Meazza 1 , Sara Pagani, Paola Travaglino, Mauro Bozzola

Affiliations
  • PMID: 16444180

Abstract​

A growing body of evidence indicates a bi-directional relationship between the neuroendocrine system and immune functions. It is well known that lymphoid organs such the thymus, the spleen and peripheral blood produce growth hormone (GH) and GH receptor is expressed on different subpopulations of lymphocytes. Many in vitro and in animal studies demonstrate an important role of GH in immunoregulation. GH stimulates T and B cells proliferation and immunoglobulin synthesis, enhances the maturation of myeloid progenitor cells and is also able to modulate cytokine response. However, in humans GH deficiency (GHD) is not usually associated with immunodeficiency and only minor abnormalities of immune function have been reported, as compared to those observed in GHD animals. It is possible that in humans the GH produced locally in the immune system compensates for the lack of endocrine GH. In this review the main actions of GH on the immune system in vitro, in animal models and in humans are summarized.

Unrelated, DNP makes me immune to everything. multiple different times during it I've been exposed to nasty colds and stuff that other household members had and I didn't get a touch of anything.

No question, it's one of the main reasons very old people die from common cold/flu. HGH is extremely important for immune function/thymus function. It's why young people don't die as easily from infection (and may also be one reason they are more resistant to cancer).

You can look it up, it is prescribed for anemia and aids patients, research suggests it improves immune system function.
Yes but I think it's like many of these drugs in that restoring/replacing a normal-high normal amount is beneficial to many aspects of our health. Taking doses to supraphysiological amounts is when it usually becomes detrimental.

Unrelated, DNP makes me immune to everything. multiple different times during it I've been exposed to nasty colds and stuff that other household members had and I didn't get a touch of anything.
Yeah because you are a walking talking free radical electron cascade.

Yes but I think it's like many of these drugs in that restoring/replacing a normal-high normal amount is beneficial to many aspects of our health. Taking doses to supraphysiological amounts is when it usually becomes detrimental.
He is talkin about primo there is no restoring/replacing primo as its not produced by the body, hence my question :)

i use to have a rule that governed my use. I was pretty low dose. test would be high replacement and then I would add in an amount of other AAS to be not more than 3 times the normal levels of testosterone in total. this all would be something like 200-250 test and 500-600 mg of other anabolics on top.

He is talkin about primo there is no restoring/replacing primo as its not produced by the body, hence my question :)
Yes and I was stating (perhaps not very well) that there is benefit from many of these drugs at modest (i.e. replacement) doses. I realize there is no restoring/replacing primo, but what I've read about primo is that it's likely helpful at boosting immune function until a certain dose and then it becomes detrimental. As is the case with testosterone's behavior influencing immune function. That was all.

I wasn't aware it was prescribed to AIDS patients but I had read about it being prescribed for anemia. Not here in the states but I think it is still used in some countries.

Yes and I was stating (perhaps not very well) that there is benefit from many of these drugs at modest (i.e. replacement) doses. I realize there is no restoring/replacing primo, but what I've read about primo is that it's likely helpful at boosting immune function until a certain dose and then it becomes detrimental. As is the case with testosterone's behavior influencing immune function. That was all.

I wasn't aware it was prescribed to AIDS patients but I had read about it being prescribed for anemia. Not here in the states but I think it is still used in some countries.
Roger that, i cant find any info on primo and aids patients so im still waiting for him to provide it. i read about primo in children, infants and women with wasting diseases but not aids.

I'm not sure. I never get sick on a blast but if I stop abruptly, I'll most certainly get a cold/flu. I don't know enough about immunology to know the reasons why but it is true for me. I just always assumed that while "on" I was supercharged and afterwards, it's time to pay the check with one big fat hangover.

Interesting to hear about DNP. I've never used it but am increasingly intrigued by it. I've had some problems areas and rather go under the knife, I may try it first. But over 50, not sure I'd be doing myself any favors.

No idea about gh but as someone who washes their hands after using the bathroom but isn't germ obsessed worried about door handles, wiping things down, using hand sanitizer I can say I'm never sick. While people I know who fear fear germs always are.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity