over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HGH and thyroid testing

swm1972

Registered
My doctor wants to have my thyroid tested due to fatigue I've been experiencing for about 3 months. Will my HGH use affect the outcome of the testing in anyway? If so how long do I need to come off prior to having my blood draw?

When using exogenous gh the body will convert t4 to t3 at a faster rate so your t4 will most likely be low

When using exogenous gh the body will convert t4 to t3 at a faster rate so your t4 will most likely be low

Any idea of the clearance time to get back to a baseline if I stop using hgh prior to the test?

You make absolutely no sense. You go to a doctor to find out why you have fatigue and then for some reason want to change up your routine which will effect your results and bring you closer to a conclusion why you have fatigue. Why even go to the doctor office to begin with? He/she will get a test that does not represent you and therefore is worthless. Save your money and don't even get the test done if you are going to change your routine for it and sew the results.

HGH is GOOD for thyroid function. Don’t see a compelling reason to stop unless you’re using very high doses.

As mentioned above, stay on it, since your treatment might be different because of it. If it is a complete blood panel with fasting glucose, you might want to skip doing a gh shot immediately before the test, as that can result in a high blood sugar reading.

Thyroid function only. No fasting. No glucose. I'll stay on current dose (4iu) and see what the test reveals. Thanks for the advice.

You make absolutely no sense. You go to a doctor to find out why you have fatigue and then for some reason want to change up your routine which will effect your results and bring you closer to a conclusion why you have fatigue. Why even go to the doctor office to begin with? He/she will get a test that does not represent you and therefore is worthless. Save your money and don't even get the test done if you are going to change your routine for it and sew the results.

She had also mentioned the possibility of doing testosterone testing if thyroid comes back normal... would you recommend I get that tested too running my current 600mgs/week? Obviously not....

Honestly, the fatigue is likely due to exposure to Epstein Barr virus (mononucleosis)... she is also testing for that since my spouse recently was diagnosed. I just didn't want to skew test results and have her ask questions.

I’m in a similar situation that has been on my mind a lot lately I’ve had a prescription for years for a severe bi polar condition that has been life changing for me but my Dr.s office is requiring me to get bloodwork done Monday as a condition of continuing to renew it for me. I need to have the script continued at all costs but they are likely going to find some shit going on. Im a low daily dose guy under 100 of everything. I cut out long ester tren last week and now it’s just test <100 and 5iu gh daily in the morning. Im either going to go in get the tests done and if/when they call back with issues explain to them what I’m doing or just strait tell the Dr. before they take my blood. Just something I’m thinking about lately.

Does that doc know what you’re running? If not then you do realize that she’s going to get a bunch of screwy results because of the gear and whatever treatment she recommends is not going solve anything right?

Either that or it’s only going to be a band aid based on the results of the gear.

Or she will call you out on your use and tell you that is the reason for all your problems.

You need to come clean to her about what you’re using and if she isn’t down with it you need to find a doc that is. Your results are going to be worthless, unless you’re just trying to solve the problem while you’re on and that’s it, but then again if your doc doesn’t know you’re on gear she won’t look at it that way she’ll think you have some fucked up condition.

The way you’re going about it now will not get you anywhere and might get you fucked up even more.

Honestly, the fatigue is likely due to exposure to Epstein Barr virus (mononucleosis)... she is also testing for that since my spouse recently was diagnosed. I just didn't want to skew test results and have her ask questions.
You kinda buried the lead on that part lol. But I get that it's not necessarily important for your question. As previously mentioned, if you will be using 4iu in perpetuity then stay on it for the blood panel. If you're ongoing dose is lower then I'd adjust it down for a week leading up the blood panel.

My doctor wants to have my thyroid tested due to fatigue I've been experiencing for about 3 months. Will my HGH use affect the outcome of the testing in anyway? If so how long do I need to come off prior to having my blood draw?

To clarify on my earlier reply, HGH lowers the mostly inactive hormone, T4, and raises the active hormone, T3.

T3 is the important one, not T4. T4's purpose is to convert into T3, which is what your body needs.

You kinda buried the lead on that part lol. But I get that it's not necessarily important for your question. As previously mentioned, if you will be using 4iu in perpetuity then stay on it for the blood panel. If you're ongoing dose is lower then I'd adjust it down for a week leading up the blood panel.

Yeah, I'm more worried about her seeing something that ends up in my medical records that will get viewed down the road. I am 4iu a day 5 days on 2 days off a week. Have been for about 3 months so far. I know medical records are protected by HIPA requirements, but some people have jobs which result in these records becoming available. That's my concern.

She had also mentioned the possibility of doing testosterone testing if thyroid comes back normal... would you recommend I get that tested too running my current 600mgs/week? Obviously not....

Does that doc know what you’re running? If not then you do realize that she’s going to get a bunch of screwy results because of the gear and whatever treatment she recommends is not going solve anything right?

Either that or it’s only going to be a band aid based on the results of the gear.

Or she will call you out on your use and tell you that is the reason for all your problems.

You need to come clean to her about what you’re using and if she isn’t down with it you need to find a doc that is. Your results are going to be worthless, unless you’re just trying to solve the problem while you’re on and that’s it, but then again if your doc doesn’t know you’re on gear she won’t look at it that way she’ll think you have some fucked up condition.

The way you’re going about it now will not get you anywhere and might get you fucked up even more.

The above is what I am trying to at as well. Aren't you trying to get better? Yes, stay on your 600mg/week and fess up to your doctor. If you cannot tell your doctor and trust they won't try to get you in trouble then you should see another doctor. Doctors are humans and some are just as cool as you and I and some are not. You won't fool your doctor, trust me. When a doctor sees people every 15-30 minutes for years they are very easily able to tell when an outlier comes in and their mannerisms are unlike the others; lies are easy to spot.

Also, I have Epstein barre syndrome. I would say I am chronically fatigued compared to everyone I know. Or I should say it comes and goes. It never effects my workouts or so I think, I mean I never miss workouts but sometimes am tired. When levels are elevated I seem to feel down, out and sick feeling with fatigue. Then it just goes away. Of course healthy lifestyle seems to fix it while living a life of excess increases it. Sucks but I don't really think about it as its just me.

The above is what I am trying to at as well. Aren't you trying to get better? Yes, stay on your 600mg/week and fess up to your doctor. If you cannot tell your doctor and trust they won't try to get you in trouble then you should see another doctor. Doctors are humans and some are just as cool as you and I and some are not. You won't fool your doctor, trust me. When a doctor sees people every 15-30 minutes for years they are very easily able to tell when an outlier comes in and their mannerisms are unlike the others; lies are easy to spot.

Also, I have Epstein barre syndrome. I would say I am chronically fatigued compared to everyone I know. Or I should say it comes and goes. It never effects my workouts or so I think, I mean I never miss workouts but sometimes am tired. When levels are elevated I seem to feel down, out and sick feeling with fatigue. Then it just goes away. Of course healthy lifestyle seems to fix it while living a life of excess increases it. Sucks but I don't really think about it as its just me.

See post 16. I can't just be honest with her.

I feel for you on the fatigue issues. I literally battle falling asleep throughout the day, all day. Its physically draining, but I've been keeping up with the gym throughout the past several months despite the fatigue. Thing is, I dont believe it's going to be a thyroid issue. I've never had issues with weight over the past 15 years despite maintain a large diet combined with a high level of physical activity. Never had fatigue before either. Occasional days feeling a bit less energetic? Sure. But nothing like this. A less stubborn person would likely find this to be life altering. That's not the kind of person I am. I dont fold or give up. But i am tired of being tired.

I know sleep is very important. If I do not get 7-9 hours of sleep I am falling asleep all day. Also carbs effect me more than the average person. I really have to pay attention to carbs as well. Too many carbs and not enough sleep I'm lethargic for sure.

Also, I understand the whole deal with the doc. I have smoked pot my whole life and always tell my docs about it as it effects me and my health. I ask the doctors to leave this and AAS history out of the notes. I have checked the notes of these docs and they haven't written anything about it. You can always dispute what is in your chart and state you never said what is in the chart. We all have to be careful, but if I were your doc I would not record something if asked. That would just be shitty. Make sure to let the practitioner know that you are there to be healthy and want them to know everything but haven't been truthful because your were scared about your future and jobs. They understand. Believe or not a lot of docs use drugs too, and they can afford the good stuff.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws