over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HGH hindering ketosis?

hevi-head

Registered
Newbies
Can HGH slow down the process of going into ketosis? I did a strict 70%/30% fat/protein calorie diet for 6 days and the ketone levels hardly registered on the urine strips. I’ve really good luck doing a keto style but with a higher protein ratio with very low ketones as well but this time with the high fat I actually put on weight and abs smoothed out even though calories really weren’t that high.
I realize every person is different but a friend of mine goes into a deep state of keto in just a few days. He’s completely natural and no gh though.

Couldn't the resultant hyperglycemia and increased insulin sensitivity due to GH be countered/negated by concomitant metformin administration? I take 500mg metformin AM and 1600mg berberine PM and I am slowly shaving off pounds. I'm protein/fats primarily.

Couldn't the resultant hyperglycemia and increased insulin sensitivity due to GH be countered/negated by concomitant metformin administration? I take 500mg metformin AM and 1600mg berberine PM and I am slowly shaving off pounds. I'm protein/fats primarily.
Are you checking your ketones or not necessarily trying to go into heavy ketosis?

Are you checking your ketones or not necessarily trying to go into heavy ketosis?
I used to religiously but with keeping my blood glucose so low for so long, even if not fully fat-adapted, I am in ketosis. Maybe not as deep as a 2-weeks straight carb depletion, but I'm on the edge. Any increase in glucose during workouts is immediately knocked down with a few units R or log. Combined with the met and berb... I'm burning fats. Have to be.

There's gluconeogenesis but if that were the case, I'd be losing muscle and I'm holding steady. I just dropped down to 3000cals per day from 4000 so I'm going to be losing some muscle and strength but I really need to get these last few spots cleaned up. And some of it is water.

That my own personal variation on the CKD. Rather than long depletions and big refeeds, I like to look at my workouts as a carb load once or twice a week. Even if it's only enough carbs to feed skeletal muscle. When I don't use carbs during workouts it's fats and MCTs powering me through. And the way those light me up, there's even a thermogenic factor.

If you were on a somewhat low carb diet before the 6 days,and highly active you might have to low of ketone to test because you are using them as energy. When highly active and fat is lower I use berberine to pervert gluconeogenesis.

If you were on a somewhat low carb diet before the 6 days,and highly active you might have to low of ketone to test because you are using them as energy. When highly active and fat is lower I use berberine to pervert gluconeogenesis.
This ^^^
You ketone chasers are funny, fuck ketones, if you are really fat adapted and efficient at using fat for fuel you are not going to have high blood ketone levels.

If your carbs are under 30gr (50gr if active) and fat is higher in calories than protein I wouldn't worry. I need 3 days of rest to show anything on a keto stip.

Yes, but its efficacy can be limited by rhGH dose. I view the agents to reduce hyperglycemic effects on a continuum, i.e., GDAs (biguanides; Met/BBR) < SGLT-2 inhibitors < GLP-1 agonists < LR3 IGF-I < slin (actually, slin can be used principally as an agent to increase IGF-I bioavailability; bumping the user into another use case outside a cyclical regimen).

Of course, you get some lower-order insulin sensitizing effects from androgens, particularly tren.

Yes, but its efficacy can be limited by rhGH dose. I view the agents to reduce hyperglycemic effects on a continuum, i.e., GDAs (biguanides; Met/BBR) < SGLT-2 inhibitors < GLP-1 agonists < LR3 IGF-I < slin (actually, slin can be used principally as an agent to increase IGF-I bioavailability; bumping the user into another use case outside a cyclical regimen).

Of course, you get some lower-order insulin sensitizing effects from androgens, particularly tren.
Okay gotcha. Normally I don't like to get caught up in the "take this drug to counter this drug, then take this drug to counter that drug" maze. But MET/BBR seemed perfect for my situation. If co-administration of rhGH attenuates the insulin sensitizing effects of MET/BBR than I have to rethink my game plan. I asked my doc about Jardiance (a common SGLT-2 inhib) but he said he would have trouble with that one bc I have no history of T2DM in my chart. Which was odd to me bc he had absolutely no problem whatsoever Rxing MET. 🤷‍♂️

I used to religiously but with keeping my blood glucose so low for so long, even if not fully fat-adapted, I am in ketosis. Maybe not as deep as a 2-weeks straight carb depletion, but I'm on the edge. Any increase in glucose during workouts is immediately knocked down with a few units R or log. Combined with the met and berb... I'm burning fats. Have to be.

There's gluconeogenesis but if that were the case, I'd be losing muscle and I'm holding steady. I just dropped down to 3000cals per day from 4000 so I'm going to be losing some muscle and strength but I really need to get these last few spots cleaned up. And some of it is water.

That my own personal variation on the CKD. Rather than long depletions and big refeeds, I like to look at my workouts as a carb load once or twice a week. Even if it's only enough carbs to feed skeletal muscle. When I don't use carbs during workouts it's fats and MCTs powering me through. And the way those light me up, there's even a thermogenic factor.
What are you guessing your protein to fat calorie ratio is?

What are you guessing your protein to fat calorie ratio is?
I don't do ratios bc I still follow the LBM x 2 = x
Where x = daily protein consumption
So as of now, assuming 230lbs with 200lb LBM = 400g protein = 1600 calories
So on my current restriction off 3000cals/day = 3000 - 1600 = 1400 calories fats and carbs

This plays out a lot quicker in my head than on paper. But since I dropped my calories to 3000, everything has been a bit of a mess. I really screwed myself on planning this summer. Dropping tren threw everything off. Plus I'm upping my GH. Honestly, right now, I'm a mess in a number of ways.

Hopefully, I'll settle on a 400gm protein, ~ 200gms fat = 3200cals + ? carbs = my original 4000 calories/day.

Which would be a 4:2:1 (p/f/c) ratio, I suppose. The problem is I'm going back and forth as to what I want. I lose some weight, get depleted, feel weak and am swimming in my clothes and panic. Or, I still fit the clothes that fit me last year when I was too fat and panic.

I'm a real planner so this is a real cluster**** for me. I'll have this all under control when June concludes.

I don't do ratios bc I still follow the LBM x 2 = x
Where x = daily protein consumption
So as of now, assuming 230lbs with 200lb LBM = 400g protein = 1600 calories
So on my current restriction off 3000cals/day = 3000 - 1600 = 1400 calories fats and carbs

This plays out a lot quicker in my head than on paper. But since I dropped my calories to 3000, everything has been a bit of a mess. I really screwed myself on planning this summer. Dropping tren threw everything off. Plus I'm upping my GH. Honestly, right now, I'm a mess in a number of ways.

Hopefully, I'll settle on a 400gm protein, ~ 200gms fat = 3200cals + ? carbs = my original 4000 calories/day.

Which would be a 4:2:1 (p/f/c) ratio, I suppose. The problem is I'm going back and forth as to what I want. I lose some weight, get depleted, feel weak and am swimming in my clothes and panic. Or, I still fit the clothes that fit me last year when I was too fat and panic.

I'm a real planner so this is a real cluster**** for me. I'll have this all under control when June concludes.
I’m a little out of character myself this summer too. I’ve been trying different shit (IF, keto, PSMF,) instead of just doing what I have had good success with in the past.

I’m a little out of character myself this summer too. I’ve been trying different shit (IF, keto, PSMF,) instead of just doing what I have had good success with in the past.
Probably a good hint for the both of us... no joke

Once you've been keto doing PSMF days are a lot easier and work better since you've trained your body to prefer fat as energy. And keto you're less hungry.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws