over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HGH , insulin, carbs , what exactly do we know v

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So any time anyone ask about when to take their HGH we get various answers , like “don’t take it with food because insulin blunts it’s effectiveness” , or “take it with a big carb meal/shake on insulin because the two work together to increase IGF-1 levels”

I’ve heard “take it fasted before fasted cardio for optimal fat loss” which makes sense but what if someone is taking injection L-Carnitine with 4iu Humalog before fasted cardio as well , will the injection insulin prevent the liposis effects of the HGH??

What about taking HGH and insulin for maximum growth with say an intra workout carb/insulin protocol like what Milos does. Would you want to take the HGH at the same time as the insulin (Humulin-R 30min pre workout) so it’s active life is the same as the 4-5 hr window of insulin?? Or take it after the insulin is out of the system??

Has anyone actually used one protocol that worked better than another for say fat loss or growth??

I’ve heard so many conflicting stories about when is the right right time to take it and why but the vast majority of what I’ve heard or read seems like 3rd or 4th hand information.

Just wanted to hear from people that might have actually used one protocol over another an ad success , of have any actual facts or reasons why we should take it when we take it

I think most people are missing the point.
Once GH is injected in any scenario, IGF1 levels are going to be elevated for most of the day. So timing it in my opinion is irrelevant.
That's just my own opinion based on my experience.

I take the GH and slin a little while before working out. Then pound some carbs/EAAs/and whey isolate while training.

I do this for the skin splitting pumps it produces, low doses of everything, but it creates an extremely anabolic window.

e.g. GH 3iu, hum-r 6iu, carb shake with 10g EAA/75g carbs/25g whey isolate

Usually will have another shake afterwards with less carbs and more whey isolate and then a nice meal with carbs/pro/fat

I don't abuse insulin, most I'll do it is 1x/week to try to stimulate some growth if I'm stuck/stalling out in the logbook on my lifts.

Im not taking slin atm because im doing psmf for a few weeks.

At the advice of some members here I take my gh 1 to 2 hours pre-workout and my humalog 30min to 1 hour prior to the gym.

Right now im rationing gh and doing 2iu a day until i can go higher.

I plan on doing 10iu of gh preworkout on workout days with the same humalog dose. Ill do two separate 5iu gh shots non workout days. One shot on waking and one afternoon. Ill do two 5iu log shots on one of my workout days during the week.

Ive found the best way to take gh is this way.

We keep hearing new methods and studies and no one seems to agree on whats best. Theres guys who think im out of my mind doing it this way and tell me i should take one large dose before bed like the hiv patients.

Fat loss is dependent on my diet not the gh. If my diet is on point then I can see the gh doing its thing.

Just wake up, take some gh and go along with your day

stress of overthinking will make a bigger impact then actually trying to find the optimal timing.
Just shoot your dam drugs

I have kept this super-simple and don't change it because it works for me:
  1. GH Post work out (with humalog when using slin, which is rare)
  2. This is with a Milos-type shake when on slin, less or no carbs when not, but otherwise the same
  3. The above only done on training days M/W/F.
For growth in "off season" I do the above
For contest, I don't use any slin, GH is the same. Diet is the factor.

This has worked very well for me over several years.
Note I only run GH for up to 8 weeks and only once or twice a year.
I used to run 10iu, but find 5iu is good enough now.

In general I have found trying to micro manage the body is a waste of time as it is going to do what it need in spite of what I want or how I think things function. Much like when my managers tried to micromanage, me they didn't get the result they were looking for.

Here are my two cents. I could be wrong but this is my train of thought.
I take my HGH at 4-5AM when I wake up to pee. I sleep at 10-11PM so my natural HGH has already been released during sleep, this way I'm not blocking the REM sleep HGH that I get for free.

HGH causes insulin resistance so by the time I wake up around 8-9AM, the GH has already peaked and is on the decline. By breakfast time (9AM) I can eat whatever I want and don't have to avoid carbs. I say avoiding carbs because HGH causes insulin resistance and carbs cause the body to release insulin, this is could cause diabetes.

Probably not the best protocol for mass gains but it works well for fat loss.

SIDE QUESTION:
When you guys are running slin+HGH on blast, do you run the slin your entire blasts or x on/y off? If so, how many week cycles of slin are you guys doing? TY

In general I have found trying to micro manage the body is a waste of time as it is going to do what it need in spite of what I want or how I think things function. Much like when my managers tried to micromanage, me they didn't get the result they were looking for.

'Keep it simple stupid' almost always works better :)

I have kept this super-simple and don't change it because it works for me:
  1. GH Post work out (with humalog when using slin, which is rare)
  2. This is with a Milos-type shake when on slin, less or no carbs when not, but otherwise the same
  3. The above only done on training days M/W/F.
For growth in "off season" I do the above
For contest, I don't use any slin, GH is the same. Diet is the factor.

This has worked very well for me over several years.
Note I only run GH for up to 8 weeks and only once or twice a year.
I used to run 10iu, but find 5iu is good enough now.

Why only only 8 weeks twice a year? Are you concerned about Insulin Resistance or for another reason?

WO day GH
GH about an hour before any workout.
Slin (if I'm taking any) is pre-WO and timed what what type of slin...Log is 15 mins before I get in the gym. R is 30 or so mins before.

Cardio day GH
GH about an hour before I start cardio. I'll run like 2iu pre cardio....2iu later in the day.

Gun, as far as your question about slin and carnitine pre cardio, you're absolutely fine.
Remember that slin itself isn't going to blunt any lipolysis kickstarted by your GH....carbs will.
Just slin and carnitine are absolutely fine. Youre juuust using enough slin to shuttle the carnitine in and be done.
Not too much or you'll go hypo. By an exogenous insulin spike won't stop fat loss...because its exogenous.
An insulin spike brought on by eating a bagel...yes, it can stop that fat loss.

Why only only 8 weeks twice a year? Are you concerned about Insulin Resistance or for another reason?

I get what I want in that period; it costs money I could use elsewhere; I don't like being a pincushion ;)

I was about to bump an old thread but I'll just write this hear.

There's a fundamental difference IN MY OPINION about GH causing insulin resistance vs gh causing poor glucose metabolism, make no mistake supra doses of GH can do both but the later is more common. Guys will see there BG rise during rHGH and see pre-diabetic numbers just to think they have IR, the fact of the mater is GH free'd up a bunch of FFA and now your body has to decided between glucose or lipids and now we have extra glucose circulating bc of it. I know it's semantical but IN MY OPINION that is not pre-diabetes or IR as there is no actual impairment to the MOA of insulin. Now like I said rHGH can cause IR and DMII if that extra glucose circulating becomes chronic, especially with AAS users having stress to the liver and kidneys.

The use of slin is for proper metabolic function, thats for bodybuilders or diabetics. Insulin use without rHGH is pointless for non-diabetics, the people that report positive experiences from slin without GH would have had the same results with just the carbs they took in without insulin admin. I will however admit their are two exceptions. AAS users do often have poor glucose metabolism from their drug protocols/lifestyle, so a select few may actually gain some marginal benefit but they'd be better of just using less glucose in the first place. Their are also individuals who can use insulin without carbs to help achieve ketosis, this is something I have no experience with but am interested in trying.

My next GH and insulin experiments include
1) Bi-weekly bolus dosing of 5-18iu
2) Staggering the GH and insulin windows, trying both GH peaking first and the insulin peaking first
3) Like I already stated try 1-5iu of insulin carbless to enter into ketosis

in your opinion, for put on mass, it's better use high dose of hgh only pre wo or low dose every days ?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131