over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HGH Prescription

One thing I've come to learn over years of surgeries and dealing with doctors, they don't always do the follow up with the insurance companies like they say they do/have. Many times they just resubmit the same damn thing that was denied. I would talk to the office manager, they are the ones who deal with companies on the regular

I would absolutely HATE it if my doctor knew anything about insurance. I don't pay him/her to know anything about insurance, I pay them to diagnose my problems and find a solution. The office manager is the person he should be discussing this stuff with regarding insurance, not the doctor. They doctor doesn't call the company, the staff does.

I'm a P&C insurance agent so I write car insurance, home insurance and commercial. Should I know how to fix a car since I insure them? What about building a house since I insure them?

Man I hope she doesn't do the calling, she's like a high school kid and dumb as a sack of bricks. I know they just haven't followed through. The doc tells me repeatedly help do everything he can to get them to cover it. I'm done holding g my breath with him

I also searched for companies that had co-pay programs for those paying out of pocket. I gave my doc all the info and he said he'd make the call....it's been 2 weeks and no response. That office doesn't follow through...ever...even when I need a rx refilled and the pharmacy is literally 20 feet to the left

Gotcha. I didn't want you to think I was being a dick or anything asking those questions, tones can't be read lol
I was genuinely curious about it.

One thing I've come to learn over years of surgeries and dealing with doctors, they don't always do the follow up with the insurance companies like they say they do/have. Many times they just resubmit the same damn thing that was denied. I would talk to the office manager, they are the ones who deal with companies on the regular

I would absolutely HATE it if my doctor knew anything about insurance. I don't pay him/her to know anything about insurance, I pay them to diagnose my problems and find a solution. The office manager is the person he should be discussing this stuff with regarding insurance, not the doctor. They doctor doesn't call the company, the staff does.

I'm a P&C insurance agent so I write car insurance, home insurance and commercial. Should I know how to fix a car since I insure them? What about building a house since I insure them?
I'm saying they may just be using the wrong codes when making the call to the insurance company.

●Strength is gained in the range it is trained●

Do insurance companies have a right to deny this if you meet all the medical qualifications AND if they normally cover it under such conditions? Maybe touch base with a lawyer :confused:

They aren't denying it, his policy states they cover certain things and don't cover certain things. It's not on an as needed basis. Some companies don't cover hormone replacement and technically no company covers female hormone replacement. There's no descrimination just a policy that wasn't read fully. They're doing nothing that wasn't agreed to upon being a client of theirs.

How old are you?
What are the "qualifications" for being prescribed hgh?
Not being a smart ass, just genuinely curious.
What's their "excuse" for not covering it, you said they had one and cost wasn't it, so what was their excuse?

That was my question as well, there are only 3 federally allowable reasons to prescribe hgh
1 pituitary dwarfism
2 deficiency (loop hole as scale is listed starting at zero so they can decline bc none is normal on scale)
3 muscle waste from aids

Not sure where he fits but hopefully it isn't #3 lol

Man I hope she doesn't do the calling, she's like a high school kid and dumb as a sack of bricks. I know they just haven't followed through. The doc tells me repeatedly help do everything he can to get them to cover it. I'm done holding g my breath with him

I also searched for companies that had co-pay programs for those paying out of pocket. I gave my doc all the info and he said he'd make the call....it's been 2 weeks and no response. That office doesn't follow through...ever...even when I need a rx refilled and the pharmacy is literally 20 feet to the left

Funny, but not funny at all!!!
Office managers are supposed to be the ones dealing with this stuff. The manager at my docs says she does stuff, but I know she doesn't. I told her that I really need her to step it up, which didn't amount to anything. Sadly, like me, you are "another patient" in the eyes of the medical community/office. They really don't take care of patients as they should with follow ups and what not. Some are fantastic, most simply suck

I'm saying they may just be using the wrong codes when making the call to the insurance company.

If they have submitted the same thing in repeatedly (as they said they have), then at this point telling them it's a "coding error" may just result in another denial as it will appear they're simply changing codes to get it approved.
If the company doesn't cover it, or doesn't see it as a necessity, there's not much he can do unfortunately. Abuse of the system is a major reason this stuff happens

The only docs that really have good staff and care, take cash only. Lol

Funny, but not funny at all!!!
Office managers are supposed to be the ones dealing with this stuff. The manager at my docs says she does stuff, but I know she doesn't. I told her that I really need her to step it up, which didn't amount to anything. Sadly, like me, you are "another patient" in the eyes of the medical community/office. They really don't take care of patients as they should with follow ups and what not. Some are fantastic, most simply suck

If they have submitted the same thing in repeatedly (as they said they have), then at this point telling them it's a "coding error" may just result in another denial as it will appear they're simply changing codes to get it approved.
If the company doesn't cover it, or doesn't see it as a necessity, there's not much he can do unfortunately. Abuse of the system is a major reason this stuff happens
I hear you, but we used to change the codes. It's like wrestling an alligator on Xanax. You can win easily, just gotta tussle and roll a bit

I hear you, but we used to change the codes. It's like wrestling an alligator on Xanax. You can win easily, just gotta tussle and roll a bit

Haha I like that analogy. Insurance is definitely a finicky little bitch :banghead:

To the OP: It won't matter what code your doc submits. Insurance never covers HGH unless it comes from an endocrinologist. As far as I know, this is across the board. I also have all the conditions to have a script for HGH, but my endocrinologist will NOT give me a script. Says I'm too muscular, and I'm not even half the size of most guys here. Didn't matter that the blood tests showed I was deficient. My GP told me that he wasn't comfortable prescribing it (maybe because he shares an office with said endocrinologist), but even if he did, the ins companies wouldn't cover it and that they only would if it came from the endo. Said that most people don't know this.

However, my insurance company used to not cover my TRT until my doc submitted a letter to them that stated that it was necessary. This approach *might* work so if you haven't tried this route, I suggest you do it.

To the OP: It won't matter what code your doc submits. Insurance never covers HGH unless it comes from an endocrinologist. As far as I know, this is across the board. I also have all the conditions to have a script for HGH, but my endocrinologist will NOT give me a script. Says I'm too muscular, and I'm not even half the size of most guys here. Didn't matter that the blood tests showed I was deficient. My GP told me that he wasn't comfortable prescribing it (maybe because he shares an office with said endocrinologist), but even if he did, the ins companies wouldn't cover it and that they only would if it came from the endo. Said that most people don't know this.

However, my insurance company used to not cover my TRT until my doc submitted a letter to them that stated that it was necessary. This approach *might* work so if you haven't tried this route, I suggest you do it.
Sounds like you should've looked for a new endo a long fucking time ago dude. Your doctor's sound like little girls

That was my question as well, there are only 3 federally allowable reasons to prescribe hgh
1 pituitary dwarfism
2 deficiency (loop hole as scale is listed starting at zero so they can decline bc none is normal on scale)
3 muscle waste from aids

Not sure where he fits but hopefully it isn't #3 lol

You stole my thunder. I work in the pharma industry and this is exactly correct. It's just about the most expensive treatment there is for anything and what they are saying is that your doc should be finding a cheaper and more reasonable therapy than a script that costs $20,000 + a year.

OP:

Phizer has something called "the bridge " program. I had a bad motorcycle accident in 2006 and couldn't walk for 9 mos. Dr. wanted to do another surgery and I convinced him to let me try gh.
Phizer sent a nurse over to show me how to operate the pen and she referred me to the program as low income, since I was unable to work.
Every month, Phizer sent me 2 shipments for two years. I was back walking after 6 weeks.
Anyhow, just giving you an option.

OP:

Phizer has something called "the bridge " program. I had a bad motorcycle accident in 2006 and couldn't walk for 9 mos. Dr. wanted to do another surgery and I convinced him to let me try gh.
Phizer sent a nurse over to show me how to operate the pen and she referred me to the program as low income, since I was unable to work.
Every month, Phizer sent me 2 shipments for two years. I was back walking after 6 weeks.
Anyhow, just giving you an option.

Thanks! I will look into that

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member