over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HGH shortens lifespan... says study

• Thread starter Deleted member 121863
  • Start date
Another big thing coming out with longevity research is telomerase therapy to protwct and regenerate telomeres... the "protective caps" at the end of our chromosomes. Rats were genetically modified to not produce telomerase and they aged rapidly. After administering telomerase, most of the signs of severe aging were reversed. Some peptide companies are starting to carry these.

As far as I know there was only that one Russian study and it was never able to be reproduced clinically.

As far as I know there was only that one Russian study and it was never able to be reproduced clinically.

The one I watched was done at Harvard. There are articles on it too.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

The one I watched was done at Harvard. There are articles on it too.

Do you have links to any of the research? I want to believe in this SOOOO bad! LOL! :) What's the name of that tetra-peptide again? I just don't know and haven't seen any logs (other than a guy with a financial interest in selling said peptide) that shows anything at all.

EDIT: I think we're talking about 2 different things, pal. My bad. You're talking about telomerase activity and I'm talking about that (dubious) peptide that is claimed to have an effect on the telomeres.

Last edited:
Do you have links to any of the research? I want to believe in this SOOOO bad! LOL! :) What's the name of that tetra-peptide again? I just don't know and haven't seen any logs (other than a guy with a financial interest in selling said peptide) that shows anything at all.

EDIT: I think we're talking about 2 different things, pal. My bad. You're talking about telomerase activity and I'm talking about that (dubious) peptide that is claimed to have an effect on the telomeres.

I think I was combing information not 100% accurately. So Havard did the study back in 2010. Looks like what they did was gene therapy. Theu deliberately deactivated the gene to produce telomerase and then gave them injections to reactivate it and many of the signs of aging reversed. So Telomerase seems to be a big key in the anti aging solution.

The peptide we are both thinking of is Epithalon/epitalon which IS supposed to increase telomerase activity. I saw this was researched in Russia so it must be the one you were thinking about. It is SUPPOSED to increase telomerase enzyme, but like you said, not repeated results. I just knew there were peptides that were trying to achieve what Harvard found. So yes, its not exactly the way Harvard went about it.

While looking around to get my info more inline, I saw some published articles for a compound called AGS-499 that is also supposed to have a good influence on increasing telomerase. I don't see anyone carrying it.

So increasing telomerase seems to be the way to go, but does not seem there is a solid way to go about it.

Here is the article from Harvard's site about the research

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2010/11/partial-reversal-of-aging-achieved-in-mice/

And the newer researched compound AGS-499

http://www.sens.org/outreach/confer...ain-and-increasing-it-novel-chemical-compound

I have little doubt the body reduces GH and Testosterone levels as we age for a reason: to keep us alive longer. Taking these hormones for "anti-aging" purposes is about quality of life, not longevity.

If you are not happy with your life, you are dead already... GH and AAS make me feel happy for whatever the fuck reason that is behind them lol

Exactly...quantity without quality has little value. Find some middle ground I think. 1.5-3iu daily about 9-10 months a year... Test replacement in reasonable range (150-300 mgs weekly) and keep things in check (RBC levels, cholesterol, body fat, etc) and enjoy relatively long relatively high quality life. That's my theory and sticking to it!

Id rather live a better quality shorter life then live forever and have a poor quality of life.

Okay you can live a rich life if we just diet and workout hard...drugs doesn't just help the quiality of our life. It just helps us with getting the body that we want in a much faster way.

But if people that workout and take HGH and AAS live till there 70-80s (I've rarely seen 80s or 90s) then does that mean that if they didn't take drugs and just worked out they would hit 90s or 100+? How much does it shorten life span? If it's only couple of months then I'm okay but if it's 20-30s year then damn.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads