Votes: 5 12.5%
  • >5 years - 10 years

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • >10 years

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

J_Diggs

Registered
HGH has been getting more an more popular over the last several years and I've observed an increased number of threads/posts regarding its usage.

I recently was researching side effects of HGH usage, especially longer term, and have some concerns. The unfortunate aspect of so many studies out there is that it's generally based on shorter-term usage in conjunction with a dosage much less than most people here on the forum administer.

What I would like to gauge is the time that you've been on HGH. It doesn't matter if you took some breaks here and there. The poll is measured between the first time you used HGH and today's date (considering that you are currently using HGH or only on temporary break as part of your protocol). Hope that makes sense. I myself fit into the <=6 month category and I'm on a 5iu ED upon wake up protocol, for the record.

Right now I'm not too concerned about your protocol since the majority of folks are probably using in excess to what most studies are administered at.

Below are some links to some sites with the purported side effects of HGH and well as a blog on Bodybuilding.net that talks about benefits vs sides.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Now here are some from Wikipedia and the sides mentioned are not nearly as severe.

HGH controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Growth hormone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
HGH treatment for athletic enhancement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm interested in seeing folks that have had long-term usage with little to no known sides. Thanks in advance for your participation.

What are you considering long term? I doubt you will find many that have been on it for more than 10 or 15 years and 10-15 years compared to 20-40 years is whole different story.

Just as IGF can lead to problems when used excessively I think that the increase in IGF brought on by high doses of HGH could definitely be problematic.

I would like to see some studies that show how much IGF different doses of HGH produce and if length of time plays a role and then compare that to studies on just how much IGF is too much, in regards to causing organ growth.

Very interesting thread!

What are you considering long term? I doubt you will find many that have been on it for more than 10 or 15 years and 10-15 years compared to 20-40 years is whole different story.

Just as IGF can lead to problems when used excessively I think that the increase in IGF brought on by high doses of HGH could definitely be problematic.

I would like to see some studies that show how much IGF different doses of HGH produce and if length of time plays a role and then compare that to studies on just how much IGF is too much, in regards to causing organ growth.

Very interesting thread!

Relative to the studies out there, I anecdotally would say anything over 5 years is long-term. I know there are some folks on here that are within that range. I agree that magnitude of dosage plays a role in side effects, but again, for this purpose I'm assuming that everyone here is using it above the medically recommended thresholds.

Relative to the studies out there, I anecdotally would say anything over 5 years is long-term. I know there are some folks on here that are within that range. I agree that magnitude of dosage plays a role in side effects, but again, for this purpose I'm assuming that everyone here is using it above the medically recommended thresholds.

I would have to agree 100% but 2iu and 10iu, SC and IV and whether or not your taking any other peps alongside, as well as your bodies own natural GH secretion are all going to play a role.

I would have to agree 100% but 2iu and 10iu, SC and IV and whether or not your taking any other peps alongside, as well as your bodies own natural GH secretion are all going to play a role.

Right, all those things in a study would be relevant. There are way more factors than I care to consider for this poll which is simply meant to be directional; factors including what you mentioned in addition to AAS usage, overall general health, age of individual, diet, etc.

Who answered over 10 years?

Care to chime in?

I was on it about 18 months straight until I had my heart attack.

Im sure it wasnt caused by the GH but am wondering if you know if it would be detrimental to run it after having such issues, being that it is often prescribed to plenty of people in their 70's and 80's...

Ran it for 9 months the first time and 8 months the second with great results. Baseline gear cycle. Shortness of breath, tightness in the chest and other symptoms made me discontinue each time. I believe the potential to cause left ventricular hypertrophy and COPD is significant in our population (lifters who use AAS concurrently) Caution is definitely warranted.

Ran it for 9 months the first time and 8 months the second with great results. Baseline gear cycle. Shortness of breath, tightness in the chest and other symptoms made me discontinue each time. I believe the potential to cause left ventricular hypertrophy and COPD is significant in our population (lifters who use AAS concurrently) Caution is definitely warranted.

Care to add "how much" you were taking??

chip

Maldorf, I read many of your threads and the unfortunate circumstances that you endured, however, you never "associcated" hgh with your issue? Did you?

Chip

Im sure it wasnt caused by the GH but am wondering if you know if it would be detrimental to run it after having such issues, being that it is often prescribed to plenty of people in their 70's and 80's...

Pretty sure its a bad idea since it can cause hypertrophy of the heart and thats not a good thing.

Yep, nothing brings on a case of cardiomyopathy faster than GH use and AAS. Sure it doesnt happen to a great number of people, but it raises the risks enough that there are a handful of people on here who have had this issue.

Maldorf, I read many of your threads and the unfortunate circumstances that you endured, however, you never "associcated" hgh with your issue? Did you?

Chip

I think it was more the steorids than anything. I mentioned the GH use to my docs and they didnt really seem to dwell on it much, but that might just be because they dont have a lot of knowledge on it. I do know though that HGH is medically proven to cause hypertrophy of the heart when used in bodybuilding like doses. As far as causing blood clots, I dont think HGH has much of anything to do with that unless your heart is functioning really low and then it can throw a clot because the blood can pool in the ventricles.

I think it was more the steorids than anything. I mentioned the GH use to my docs and they didnt really seem to dwell on it much, but that might just be because they dont have a lot of knowledge on it. I do know though that HGH is medically proven to cause hypertrophy of the heart when used in bodybuilding like doses. As far as causing blood clots, I dont think HGH has much of anything to do with that unless your heart is functioning really low and then it can throw a clot because the blood can pool in the ventricles.

Cheers.

Chip

I've run 1 cycle of about 6-8 months (don't remember) and am now on another for 9 months.

Sometimes I get palpitations and a strange feeling but that is all... the other day I did wake up in the middle of the night thinking I was having a heart attack but it went away and excused it as being the two coffees I had at dinner time with a friend.

But I must admit this thread has got me thinking!

I've run 1 cycle of about 6-8 months (don't remember) and am now on another for 9 months.

Sometimes I get palpitations and a strange feeling but that is all... the other day I did wake up in the middle of the night thinking I was having a heart attack but it went away and excused it as being the two coffees I had at dinner time with a friend.

But I must admit this thread has got me thinking!

I had the same thing happen to me except it eould happen 4-5 nights per week. It scared me every time. Enough to stop all together. Remember, none of this is worth your health or worse your life.

I had the same thing happen to me except it eould happen 4-5 nights per week. It scared me every time. Enough to stop all together. Remember, none of this is worth your health or worse your life.

Sounds like it could be sleep Apnea. YOu should probably get it checked out. INsurance will cover the sleep study.

Sounds like it could be sleep Apnea. YOu should probably get it checked out. INsurance will cover the sleep study.

Sounds like ANXIETY, which can occur when the CNS is overstressed. Lack of sleep would certainly add to this.

Pretty sure its a bad idea since it can cause hypertrophy of the heart and thats not a good thing.

consider the source bro, dont waste your time on people assessing a potential diagnosis without any medical background, i am in medical industry it is beyond intricate and any commonman would not be able to divulge info about what caused a hard attack, maybe attributed to one but not what directly caused it

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity