over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hi, I am new here!

tom502

Newbies
Hey guys!
I've looked at this site for a while, and decided to join it the other day. This is my first post. I wanted to do a short intro. I didn't see any specific area to post new member intros, so I'm putting it here, since it seems to be the anything goes section.

I'm 43, male. Been a bodybuilding enthusiast since maybe 16 thereabout. Kept up with the sport, read the mags, worked out sometimes more than others, but never had the drive and discipline to really take far. Anyway, I'm fat and getting older, so I'm now wanting to get my shape in a better condition. I weighed 235.5 and I'm 5.6".

I've never taken gear, but I did get some DHEA, and started taking 100mg a day. I also got a tub of creatine, never had this before, just started it yesterday. Doing a 6 day split routine.

I was curious, I know everyone knows about the various sites that sell "legal" gear, that have names that mimic the real stuff, one I keep looking at has a UK maker's name with the word Gear after it. I know it's not real, but I always wondered if it was any good, for what it is?

The idea of synthol interests me, but I don't feel ready in my progress to consider that, and the multiple injections don't appeal to me.

Does one have to cycle DHEA?

OK, I hope I didn't post any wrong things, or in the wrong area. Just wanted to say "hey", and post a couple of questions. Thanks.

Welcome to professionalmuscle!

Have a look around and use the search option.....you'll find plenty of info from training to AAS to nutrition.

Welcome to PM.....Where the learning never stops!
It is never too late to get started......My first piece of advice, for what it is worth, get your diet in order, and start your training with common sense. Perhaps getting a thorough physical from your doctor may be a good starting point.....You will need drive and discipline getting your diet straightened out. You will need drive and discipline to stay with a basic training program to get into shape. Both diet and getting into shape will take time, it will test your resolve....However, set realistic goals for yourself and make it fun. I am 57 and still enjoy this sport. Good luck!

Welcome!! There is a lot of great information here. Read a lot before trying anything!!

Hey guys!
I've looked at this site for a while, and decided to join it the other day. This is my first post. I wanted to do a short intro. I didn't see any specific area to post new member intros, so I'm putting it here, since it seems to be the anything goes section.

I'm 43, male. Been a bodybuilding enthusiast since maybe 16 thereabout. Kept up with the sport, read the mags, worked out sometimes more than others, but never had the drive and discipline to really take far. Anyway, I'm fat and getting older, so I'm now wanting to get my shape in a better condition. I weighed 235.5 and I'm 5.6".

I've never taken gear, but I did get some DHEA, and started taking 100mg a day. I also got a tub of creatine, never had this before, just started it yesterday. Doing a 6 day split routine.

I was curious, I know everyone knows about the various sites that sell "legal" gear, that have names that mimic the real stuff, one I keep looking at has a UK maker's name with the word Gear after it. I know it's not real, but I always wondered if it was any good, for what it is?

The idea of synthol interests me, but I don't feel ready in my progress to consider that, and the multiple injections don't appeal to me.

Does one have to cycle DHEA?

OK, I hope I didn't post any wrong things, or in the wrong area. Just wanted to say "hey", and post a couple of questions. Thanks.

Welcome. My 2 cents on your questions:
- "legal" gear: ridiculous scams. Often dhea at 10x the price. Don't patronize these clowns.
- DHEA: studies show that it doesn't bump testosterone but estrogen in males. It may have some beneficial effects of its own. Can be taken with gear to help maintain libido. If I took dhea, I would take high-dose zinc as a mild aromatase inhibitor.
- creatine is fine

If I were you, I'd get a hormone panel done and figure out what my baseline is before messing with things substantially. At 42, your test could be anywhere.

Thanks for the replies, and welcomes, and sorry about having made my starting post in the wrong area.

I did get my test tested and it is low. I read DHEA is helpful for guys like me, in their 40's. I was taking just 1 25g a day, but I upped it to 100mg. I didn't know if I should off cycle it after a few weeks. I'll do some searches on that.

Yeah, the "legal" and "natural" stuff always gets a bum rap. I'm also taking a popular natural sterol complex along with DHEA and creatine. Oh, I'm also taking a whey protein with meals. I think is enough supps(I often wonder if supps really matter at all).

Now, I'll admit, I'm not the most self disciplined guy, I know it's not hip these days to blame one's upbringing, but, well, I guess I won't go there. But what's past is past, and I am again on a kick to wanna lose some fat and get a little buffness going on.

I layed out my whole program on paper, and will tweak when needed. I was 235.5 this morning. I did make a meal change plan starting today. So, I guess we'll see. I might be getting a job at this gym, and if so, I'd like to look a bit better than I do now as well.

Cruise around, there are a ton of guys who have been at this stuff for many years. The one thing that I have learned in 20 years is that every body responds differently. You need to find what works best for you!!

Welcome bro

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Look into getting a blood test done, check out whats up, see you test levels and front here you can see if you need hrt/trt.

I would suggest to look into getting a personal trainner for a year. There are many trainners... THERE AWESOME. I used Phil as a trainner and we did have our fall outs... but in the end.... he was always right. I grown more natural than I have doing anything else. When doing his program.... it will change how you work out, eat, etc.

Anyways, roam the forum.... you will meet alot of good people and some not so nice people. Check out the some of the sponsors too!

Welcome to the boards mate,im quite a new poster. At 235lb and a history of lifting youve probably got a lot of muscle under the fat, clean up your diet a bit add a liitle cardio and your get a long way. Apart from protein powder and creatine i can not think of one legal musscle building aid that does shit,so save some dollers and spend them on eggs oats and stuff like that.

Welcome. Research is your friend and this is the place to do it. Dont be afraid to ask questions either

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear