YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals are suing Allmax and Iovate (MuscleTech)

Sucks to know that companies spike there products and mislabel them. Kind of scary. Sounds similar to an UGL mislabeling their products.

Sucks to know that companies spike there products and mislabel them. Kind of scary. Sounds similar to an UGL mislabeling their products.

Actually they are not mislabeling the products, consumers are just too dumb to read and understand the ingredients.

Actually they are not mislabeling the products, consumers are just too dumb to read and understand the ingredients.

Yep haha

My training partner bought more expensive brand of whey because it contained bcaas lol, it took me 20 mins to explain that whey protein always contains bcaas

To be fair though protein blends are confusing are fuck when you read the label on the back, easier just to stick to a bulk suppler and buy 100% whey iso or what ever your after

I thought the article stated they were mislabeling items.

Its hard to understand ingredients when they're a "proprietary blend."
Isoflex is notorious for this, how the hell does a whey isolate have a prop blend?! Or do you mean when you see a prop blend/any blend, then just don't buy it? That's what I'd be doing now.

Yes they are.

Counting added BCAAs as protein content is mislabeling and dishonest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they are.
Counting added BCAAs as protein content is mislabeling and dishonest.

It is not mislabeling, FDA rules allow this. Dishonest? If you buy chicken which has chicken and squirrels as ingredients, will you be mad at the company for being dishonest? In this case the consumer should take a good look in the mirror.

Its hard to understand ingredients when they're a "proprietary blend."
Isoflex is notorious for this, how the hell does a whey isolate have a prop blend?! Or do you mean when you see a prop blend/any blend, then just don't buy it? That's what I'd be doing now.

The prop blend in IsoFlex doesn't have anything to do with amino spiking, the blend contains just isolates and whey peptides. It's these ingredients that are counted towards protein: NOS-COMPLEX™ (L-Arginine, Taurine), GLUTAMINE COMPLEX (L-Glutamine).

The prop blend in IsoFlex doesn't have anything to do with amino spiking, the blend contains just isolates and whey peptides. It's these ingredients that are counted towards protein: NOS-COMPLEX™ (L-Arginine, Taurine), GLUTAMINE COMPLEX (L-Glutamine).

I know that, I'm just saying that a "prop blend" COULD mean that its amino spiked. As in, they hide the aminos they added by considering them as part of the proprietary blend. I'm not saying Allmax does/did this, I'm saying they COULD have done this, as could any other company. Hence why I said I'd avoid any prop blend protein powder and go with one that lists everything.

I know that, I'm just saying that a "prop blend" COULD mean that its amino spiked. As in, they hide the aminos they added by considering them as part of the proprietary blend. I'm not saying Allmax does/did this, I'm saying they COULD have done this, as could any other company. Hence why I said I'd avoid any prop blend protein powder and go with one that lists everything.

Prop blends don't have anything to do with amino spiking. Spiking is about the ingredients that are in the product, whether they're inside a prop blend or not. Prop blends just allow the manufacturer to hide the exact amounts. Very few big name manufacturers disclose the amounts of protein types they use in the products but it doesn't mean they're spiked.

The parent company Hi-tech pharma is a monster (covers many brands, bought Gaspari, iForce). There was an interesting piece in the recent MD about the owner/CEO. Built it from the ground up out of high-school. Lasted through an FDA legal witch hunt for years and came out a leading producer of supplements and enforcer in the industry. Many brands are produced in this guys stateside facilities now. Major industry player and now he's helping promote the industry image by suing shady protein spiking competitors.

https://hitechpharma.com/pages/about-us

Last edited:
The entire article. Did you read it?

I had to google the definition for word mislabel (I'm not a native speaker): "to label wrongly, incorrectly, or misleadingly". So yeah you could say they were labeling misleadingly (not wrongly or incorrectly though), from a bodybuilder's point of view. But then again it's according to the regulations and if you look at your Quaker oats it says it has protein in it even though it has zero protein with complete amino acid profile.

Last edited:
I like this guys comments in the original article:

So the company selling "Anavar", "Androdiol", "Decabolin" and "Hydroxy Elite" (complete with knockoff Jack3d artwork/trade dress), and still selling 1,3 Dimethylamylamine is suing other companies for false advertising? Wow - what a pillar of the supplement industry. I sense counter suits coming....

So the company selling "Anavar", "Androdiol", "Decabolin" and "Hydroxy Elite" (complete with knockoff Jack3d artwork/trade dress), and still selling 1,3 Dimethylamylamine is suing other companies for false advertising? Wow - what a pillar of the supplement industry. I sense counter suits coming....
Hah, valid point.

They, Hi-Tech, are also in court as the only company currently fighting the FDA on DMAA ban. That is why they are allowed to openly sell it while the case is being decided. I will at least give them credit for fighting. Say what you will about the names of products unfortunately stupid supplmenet names are most likely here to stay industry wide.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear