over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hiatal Hernia (help!)

Reload

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I was diagnosed with a large "sliding" HH about 1.5 years ago through a barium swallow. My doc seems to think I developed it over my many years of both power lifting & bodybuilding due to increased intra thoracic/ intra abdominal pressure from squats & deadlifting. I can't help but think the amlodipine and/or PPI ive been on for many years contributed to the LES weakening.

Current situation: I'm recovering from the flu (influenza A). Doc prescibed Tamiflu which I've completed.

Ongoing issue (6+months): SOB, chronic cough (especially after eating) resulting in lots of oral phlem and sinus congestion/runny nose. Doc's had me on predisone, albuterol, BREO (cortico steroid) and most recently, Zpac (Azithromycin). None of these "respiratory" medications are reducing my resp issues.

Has anyone here been diagnosed with a HH? I'm starting to look seriously at a Nissen Fundiplocation as a final solution in dealing with this problem but I see lots of info out there of people who have manipulated/pulled down their HH themselves or gone to a chiropracter.

Last edited:
Yea I have that SOB Hiatal Hernia problem. I responded to your post in another thread but you probably missed it. Anyway I was diagnosed with Hiatal Hernia sliding it caused me so much problems I was in and out of hospitals for 2 years. I could not breath right it literaly was ruining my life. From there it was downword spiral caused all kinds of mental shit. I was on every PPI and inhalers it was a bitch. So to put a long story short I startd using a supplement called D-limonene dont ask me how or why but this stuff literally changed my life.

You can read about it on the internet and buy it on Amazon read the reviews. Somehow someway this stuff worked for me. Best of luck bro. I went thru hell with that crap. take care

So to put a long story short I startd using a supplement called D-limonene dont ask me how or why but this stuff literally changed my life.

How did it change your life? Did it allow you to eat normally? Right now that's my biggest issue with all the mucous production after eating which then leads to coughing and feeling like there's a baseball in my chest!

How much did you take and for how long?

My Hiatal Hernia
Sorry it's sideways. Don't know how to edit/rotate?

Attachments

• IMG_0510.JPG
    IMG_0510.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited by a moderator:
How did it change your life? Did it allow you to eat normally? Right now that's my biggest issue with all the mucous production after eating which then leads to coughing and feeling like there's a baseball in my chest!

How much did you take and for how long?
Exactly what I had. I could eat normally again after the regimine its like 1 pill or 1000 mgs every other day for 20 days. Here is an article about it. There is more also read some of the reviews on Amazon. I really hope it works ffg or you as it did for me.https://www.naturalhealth365.com/heartburn-nutrition-news-2664.html

I know how you feel. I did the chiro stuff too. I intially felt better but always seemed to come back after a few days.
I was going to get surgery but its on hold for now. I rarely have problems anymore but can live with a few now and then. Give it a shot..Hope it works for you..shit sucks I know.

I have one and was having very similar issues, my body was making so much mucous I would start throwing up. The doc put me on singulair (montelukast) along with a nose spray, omeprazole, and has me doing a neti-pot once or twice a week. It's cut down on the issues I was having by about 95%.

Interesting thread! It's always great to learn new things!!

Exactly what I had. I could eat normally again after the regimine its like 1 pill or 1000 mgs every other day for 20 days. Here is an article about it. There is more also read some of the reviews on Amazon. I really hope it works ffg or you as it did for me.https://www.naturalhealth365.com/heartburn-nutrition-news-2664.html

I know how you feel. I did the chiro stuff too. I intially felt better but always seemed to come back after a few days.
I was going to get surgery but its on hold for now. I rarely have problems anymore but can live with a few now and then. Give it a shot..Hope it works for you..shit sucks I know.

None of the heath food stores had it here so I ordered a couple bottles (Jarrow brand) from Amazon. I'd drink cat piss if I thought it might help I'm that desperate!
Further reading on D- Limonene dictates using it sparingly or cycling it EOD for 20 days and then stopping it for 20 days. The orange oil (being an oil) floats to the top of the LES and coats it whereby it works its magic...so we shall see. Fingers crossed. Thank you for the heads up hyper 1.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjIxvdxbvwQ"]D-limonene, the Important Supplement to Relieve Heartburn, a Review - YouTube[/ame]

None of the heath food stores had it here so I ordered a couple bottles (Jarrow brand) from Amazon. I'd drink cat piss if I thought it might help I'm that desperate!
Further reading on D- Limonene dictates using it sparingly or cycling it EOD for 20 days and then stopping it for 20 days. The orange oil (being an oil) floats to the top of the LES and coats it whereby it works its magic...so we shall see. Fingers crossed. Thank you for the heads up hyper 1.

I know exactly what you mean. I was skeptical that anything would work besides surgery and that is a Maybe. Really hope it helps you in some way as it has many others. Hopefully in a month or two we will hear good results from you. best of luck bro.

I have had good luck with D-limonene but like others have said it does lose its effectiveness over time. Definitely cycle on and off

Perhaps dgl licorice 1 day and D-Limonene the next would be a good experiment.

Thanks Bio, you got my scan posted correctly.
That black knob looking thing is the hiatal hernia protruding through the diaphram.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear