over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hiatal hernia

Last edited:
Let me ask you nothuman, do you use a lifting belt much when training and do you frequently incorporate heavy deadlifting and squatting into back and leg days?

This sensation your feeling like somethings stuck is your throat leads me to think you may have a possible stricture (narrowed esophagus) like Maldorf mentioned. Google Barrett's Esophagus.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/barretts-esophagus/symptoms-causes/syc-20352841

Yeah, that is my feeling too. The endoscope procedure will tell all. If it is, he may not need surgery at all. With me I have discovered that putting on weight and drinking alcohol pretty much created mine. Im sure there are many many causes.

Last edited:
Let me ask you nothuman, do you use a lifting belt much when training and do you frequently incorporate heavy deadlifting and squatting into back and leg days?

This sensation your feeling like somethings stuck is your throat leads me to think you may have a possible stricture (narrowed esophagus) like Maldorf mentioned. Google Barrett's Esophagus.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/barretts-esophagus/symptoms-causes/syc-20352841

No, I've never used a belt in my life to be honest. I go light with squats and deadlifts these days, higher reps. Short rest between sets.

Endoscopy date is set for Friday morning. I've looked up every possible thing it could be so hopefully, I'll know for sure after the endoscopy so I can treat it.

Just FYI, I tried a PPI just to see and it didn't work at all. Fine by me since there is no chance I would ever take one with any form of regularity.

No, I've never used a belt in my life to be honest. I go light with squats and deadlifts these days, higher reps. Short rest between sets.

Endoscopy date is set for Friday morning. I've looked up every possible thing it could be so hopefully, I'll know for sure after the endoscopy so I can treat it.

Just FYI, I tried a PPI just to see and it didn't work at all. Fine by me since there is no chance I would ever take one with any form of regularity.

If you do need to use something use a H2 like ranitidine or famotidine. Way safer and most long-term studies show no side effects versus quite a few side effects from long-term PPI’s.

If you do need to use something use a H2 like ranitidine or famotidine. Way safer and most long-term studies show no side effects versus quite a few side effects from long-term PPI’s.

I took at proton pump inhibitor at first and ended up getting severe leg cramps in the middle of the night while I was sleeping. Every time it happened it was my adductor muscles. It felt like the muscle was tearing right off the bone. it was so bad that I went to the ER. My legs hurt bad for 1 week. I was worried it was my electrolytes and blood work showed that it wasn't. I had to be the drug. I asked the GI doctor that prescribed it and he said that it probably wasn't the drug because he had never seen that before and it wasn't a known side effect. Leave it to me to be the rare case! Once I stopped taking it I never had those cramps again. Had to be the drug.

I've been on Pantoprazole 40mg/day (am) going on 2 years now. Never an issue.
Yeah the GI doc told me about the long term studies showing the possibility of early onset dementia from taking PPI's.

Tried those too as a short term option and neither worked either. Bear in mind my burping is dry air. I'm not belching food I ate.

I've been on Pantoprazole 40mg/day (am) going on 2 years now. Never an issue.
Yeah the GI doc told me about the long term studies showing the possibility of early onset dementia from taking PPI's.

No real ill effects after two years isn't surprising. Just make sure you study the long term effects really well before you decide you want to stay on them forever.

Back to my situation: going to see a chiropractor Wednesday because why not. Not expecting much relief for this issue but it can't hurt.

Last edited:
More than likely it’s the hernia. Here is a pretty good link

**broken link removed**

If you are not having trouble swallowing food then you don't have the issue I have. Don't recall if you said you have that problem. With my condition, if something gets stuck then sometimes I have to puke it back up to clear it out. If I don't then basically everything that I swallow builds up above that point and makes it even worse. You cant wash the food down. Drinking makes it worse.

If you are not having trouble swallowing food then you don't have the issue I have. Don't recall if you said you have that problem. With my condition, if something gets stuck then sometimes I have to puke it back up to clear it out. If I don't then basically everything that I swallow builds up above that point and makes it even worse. You cant wash the food down. Drinking makes it worse.

No, I do not have that problem. Anxious to see what it is I have so I can fix this madness for once and for all. It's ruining my summer honestly.

More than likely it’s the hernia. Here is a pretty good link

**broken link removed**

honestly, the burping often is the only thing I really have on that list of common symptoms. The gastro I just spoke to didn't seem to think I had a hiatal hernia. I might have jumped the gun with that guess. For what it's worth, the chest xray I got yesterday didn't detect one but that isn't very reliable for detecting them.

Update for anyone interested: no hiatal hernia

Endoscopy said
- Erythematous mucosa in the antrum. Biopsied (to check for h. pylori)
- Erythematous mucosa in the gastric body

He wants me on omeprazole (Prilosec otc) for 8 weeks and says that could cure it. I am very reluctant but I'll do anything to fix this issue. Bought extra folate, calcium, and vitamin c on amazon so those don't get depleted.

If biopsy shows h. pylori, then antibiotic.

Endoscopy said

He wants me on omeprazole (Prilosec otc) for 8 weeks and says that could cure it. I am very reluctant but I'll do anything to fix this issue. Bought extra folate, calcium, and vitamin c on amazon so those don't get depleted.

That is good news and reported to us on Friday the 13th!

Endoscopy said

GREAT news brother. Like I mentioned in my PM - Ive seen my pops dealing with this and as he ages its gotten worse.

Glad to see it wasn't what you thought.

I'll have to show my wife this - she was just diagnosed with a hiatal hernia based on CT scan but they want her to get an endoscopy.

Thanks guys but the battle hasn't been won yet. Still need to find out if it is H Pylori so I know how to treat it. If I manage to get rid of him, then I can declare victory.

Thanks guys but the battle hasn't been won yet. Still need to find out if it is H Pylori so I know how to treat it. If I manage to get rid of him, then I can declare victory.

H. pylori is typically treated with a ppi, and two types of antibiotics. Usually amoxicillin, biaxin, or flagyl. Usually some pepto bismol is included as well

Glad it isn't the condition I have. Mine is getting better though. Havent had to puke up food for awhile now. At least you can take antibiotics and clear yours up.

Endoscopy said

I think a short run with it will not be harmful at all. I’d opt for L-Methylfolate over regular unless you got your genetic mutations tested and you don’t have any MTHFR issues. Lots of people do.

I have the same issue. I can breathe fine...but its stuck in there and swallowing isn't an option. If I try to drink water it comes right up. Strangely, this mostly happens to me when eating rice.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws