over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hiatal hernia

iv had one since I was a freshman in highschool. never had it repaired and its never seemed to bother me much. I did have a herniated navel fixed though. in less its bothering you itl prob be ok

My pops has dealt with this for as long as I can remember. He’s had multiple surgeries. Shoot me a pm - I will see Dad tomorrow and find out more info. I feel for you man. I know that is miserable. After I got out of the hospital I was having a hard time eating. When I would eat it felt like food wouldn’t go all the way down. Pop said that was one of the symptoms he would get and I know at least one of his surgeries were to alleviate this. But he dealt with a slew of other issues because of HH.

iv had one since I was a freshman in highschool. never had it repaired and its never seemed to bother me much. I did have a herniated navel fixed though. in less its bothering you itl prob be ok

I wish I had your luck. My case is so bad, I can't even begin to tell you how awful it is. It's an 11 out of 10. Used to be manageable a couple of years ago but now I feel like I'm about to be choked at any time.

My pops has dealt with this for as long as I can remember. He’s had multiple surgeries. Shoot me a pm - I will see Dad tomorrow and find out more info. I feel for you man. I know that is miserable. After I got out of the hospital I was having a hard time eating. When I would eat it felt like food wouldn’t go all the way down. Pop said that was one of the symptoms he would get and I know at least one of his surgeries were to alleviate this. But he dealt with a slew of other issues because of HH.

Thanks man I will PM you now.

There seems to be a new minimally invasive procedure to fix it. Looking into the success rates now.

https://www.endogastricsolutions.co...reatment-option-for-refractory-gerd-patients/

Anyone have any knowledge of this or ever had surgery for it?

Here's a pic of mine. Considered moderately large. I attribute it to many years of powerlifting, specifically deadlifting. GI doc who ordered the barium swallow says they're not uncommon in strength athletes. Pantoprazole/daily and not eating after 9pm keeps my reflux under control. I put bricks under the head of my bed posts and do my best to sleep on my left side.

GI surgeon said there are various surgical fixes but only a 50-75% success rate. Told me they're doing a procedure in Japan where they implant magnets around/above the herniated esophageal sphincter. Biggest longterm concern with Hiatal Hernia is espohageal errosion due to acid reflux and esophageal cancer.

Attachments

• IMG_2994.JPG
    IMG_2994.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Here's a pic of mine. Considered moderately large. I attribute it to many years of powerlifting, specifically deadlifting. GI doc who ordered the barium swallow says they're not uncommon in strength athletes. Pantoprazole/daily and not eating after 9pm keeps my reflux under control. I put bricks under the head of my bed posts and do my best to sleep on my left side.

GI surgeon said there are various surgical fixes but only a 50-75% success rate. Told me they're doing a procedure in Japan where they implant magnets around/above the herniated esophageal sphincter. Biggest longterm concern with Hiatal Hernia is espohageal errosion due to acid reflux and esophageal cancer.

Are you belching loudly all day? I had to cover my mouth for an entire plane ride last week so the person next to me didn't think something was seriously wrong.

I think this is better surgical option called the TIF 2.0 procedure. Laparoscopic repair seems to be routine now but TIF 2.0 seems to be the best option from what I am reading as it's very minimally invasive.

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1553350618755214
https://www.endogastricsolutions.co...reatment-option-for-refractory-gerd-patients/

Are you belching loudly all day? I had to cover my mouth for an entire plane ride last week so the person next to me didn't think something was seriously wrong.

No belching. Just this kinda chronic dry cough and frequent upper resp infections. I'd wake up at night coughing so bad like I had battery acid in my lungs! Many get severe heartburn...I'm not one of them.

The GI surgeon warned that continuing to train heavy was a contraindication to a successfull long term repair. My deadlift is sub #650 at around 198 lbs...I love training too much to stop powerlifting all together so I opted out thinking I'd get it done in 5-10 years.

Sounds like you might benefit from something like this...

Attachments

• Beano-Enzima-Alimentaria-Suplemento-Diettico-Tabletas-30-de-contar_2.jpeg
    Beano-Enzima-Alimentaria-Suplemento-Diettico-Tabletas-30-de-contar_2.jpeg
    464.6 KB · Views: 129
Simethicone will help with your gas.

No belching. Just this kinda chronic dry cough and frequent upper resp infections. I'd wake up at night coughing so bad like I had battery acid in my lungs! Many get severe heartburn...I'm not one of them.

The GI surgeon warned that continuing to train heavy was a contraindication to a successfull long term repair. My deadlift is sub #650 at around 198 lbs...I love training too much to stop powerlifting all together so I opted out thinking I'd get it done in 5-10 years.

Simethicone will help with your gas.

I don't have any of these symptoms actually. No gas or coughing at all. Just belching non stop and feeling like something is trapped in my throat. To be fair, I'm only assuming it's a hiatal hernia based on google skills and other's experiences online. I will read up on that enzyme product. Regular digestive enzymes have done nothing helpful.

So it's not gas but your belching:confused:
Can you herd cattle like this guy:D
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6iMPKmFv9A"]One-man "burping concert" attracts large gathering of cattle - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I have one. I get heartburn more frequently. This exercise works really well takes a few times to get the hang of it though.

[ame]http://youtu.be/qofS1iVuwoQ[/ame]

I don't have any of these symptoms actually. No gas or coughing at all. Just belching non stop and feeling like something is trapped in my throat. To be fair, I'm only assuming it's a hiatal hernia based on google skills and other's experiences online. I will read up on that enzyme product. Regular digestive enzymes have done nothing helpful.

I have trouble swallowing foods too and would end up having to go into the bathroom and throw up. The pain is just terrific. Even my saliva at that point wouldn't go down, and it triggers a bunch of mucus to build up too.

I had an endoscope done and they took a biopsy to diagnose me. No mention of a hernia for me luckily. Im still not sure what caused my problem. It didn't happen until years after my heart attack and I had put on more bodyfat from lack of exercise. I think the extra weight I carried around the waist made it worse and I was drinking wine on a daily basis. Alcohol makes it worse too.

I was diagnosed with this:

https://www.medicinenet.com/eosinop...icle.htm#what_causes_eosinophilic_esophagitis

Last edited:
I'd get an endoscopic exam like Maldorf did just to be on the safe side. Feeling like somethings stuck in your throat at least warrants seeing a GI doc.

I'd get an endoscopic exam like Maldorf did just to be on the safe side. Feeling like somethings stuck in your throat at least warrants seeing a GI doc.

Yeah, don't wait too long. If it is like my condition and it is bad enough they can stretch it out with surgery. That usually helps a lot they say. I didn't need it yet.

If it gets really bad you cant even swallow liquids, not even water. Then it is time to hit the ER and get on an IV or you will dehydrate.

Mine has been better recently after losing some weight and keeping my wine intake a lot lower. I still have flare ups though if I drink too much wine. Usually hits me the very next day at a meal.

Personally I think these problems (GERD, Hiatal Hernia, eosinophillic esophagitis etc.) are much more prevalent in strength athletes than we realize. The intrathoracic pressure placed on our guts when squating/deadlifting compounded by wearing a belt only magnify the potential for issues down the line. Then there's the eating every 2-3 hours...

Worth a try nothuman.
Honestly it didn't help in my case.

Did you master the stretch? It takes a while to get used to it but when you do you can actually feel the area under your rib cage open up.

I stretched, used a tennis ball, had my wife try massaging it down...nada or only very temporary relief. According to my GI doc once a hiatal hernia is established you either learn to manage it through medications and lifestyle changes or get it surgically repaired. My hiatal hernia is on the largish side and no amount of manual manipulation is going to get it to stay retracted under the diaphram. It just herniates or slides right back up/out.

I decided to go to the ER this morning because I'm frustrated how hard it is to get quick appointments with my insurance. They just did a chest xray and didn't find anything wrong, and said they can expedite me getting an appointment with a gastro, but I don't know when yet. Going to try to get an endoscopy or barium xray somehow, someway in the next few days, even if I have to pay. Prepared for a hiatal hernia and hopefully surgery can fix me. I can't even begin to describe how bad it has become. Also going to try to schedule a chiropracter since I heard they can do some magic.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear