over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High AST/ALT/BUN and Hematocrit

brucepancake

Registered
I am embarrassed that I havent taken better care of myself but I have to admit I am an oral junkie. Anyway no more orals but I need some expert advice on what to take to help heal me. My levels were AST 107 and ALT 207 , Hematocrit 55 and BUN 22. Another thing I thought was odd is that I had come off everything except orals 3 weeks before the test and my total test was .7 but my free test was in range. Anyway I was thinking no orals for many months and 2 grams of insoitol and Choline DL-Bitartrate a day. Maybe TUDCA and NAC as well. Please give me feedback and your personal experiences. Thanks

yea those levels are high. I have done inositol and Choline DL-Bitartrate also at 3g each for 30 days, that was helpful. Do you ever give blood to lower the hematocrit? That will help a little. Look up the "apple juice liver cleanse". It`s been used by chinese for hundreds of years for many different ailments. The first time I did it, upon waking the next morning I felt amazing, just opening my eyes. Pm me if you wanna talk about it. Many here never tried it but trash the idea in favor of a popular supplement.

The body is quite resilient. I've seen a guy that completely recovered this after 8 weeks:

FQAKAbm.jpg

yea those levels are high. I have done inositol and Choline DL-Bitartrate also at 3g each for 30 days, that was helpful. Do you ever give blood to lower the hematocrit? That will help a little. Look up the "apple juice liver cleanse". It`s been used by chinese for hundreds of years for many different ailments. The first time I did it, upon waking the next morning I felt amazing, just opening my eyes. Pm me if you wanna talk about it. Many here never tried it but trash the idea in favor of a popular supplement.

"Apple juice liver cleanse"? Could you share the knowledge with us here?

"Apple juice liver cleanse"? Could you share the knowledge with us here?

Highlight and google search the quoted term. Basically drink a liter a day of apple juice, cider, unstrained is better for 6 days. It contains malic acid which can loosen and break up liver crystals and stone that block the hepatic ducts. On day 6, fast from noon on, 6pm drink epsom salt, 8 pm drink epsom salt, 10pm drink olive oil and orange juice mixed. The fat and acid, combined with short fast causes a large dump of enzymes from liver and helps to flush things out. Then epsom salt 2 more times in the morning to flush things out.

The first time I did it, had white foam coming out. This is described as first stage, cholesterol crystals. I never had the foam again. Every time since i have passed small dark green odd shaped stones. It was not poop. I was pee-pooping straight clear water and these stones. I felt energized and amazing, despite being dehydrated and hungry.

Are you in China? Ever heard of malic acid usage? Maybe it has different name there?

Probably because its homeopathic pseudo-science bullshit. There are no studies to suggest malic acid is going to remedy gallstones or drug induced hepatoxicity like UDCA/TUDCA will.

OP - Donate blood to get to get hematocrit down and lay off the orals to fix elevated AST/ALT. BUN elevation is common in bodybuilders consuming a high protein diet. Its just a marker for the amount of nitrogen in your blood from urea, which is a byproduct of protein metabolism. If creatinine is highly elevated along with BUN and you were adequately hydrated during the test, or if you have a history of insulin resistance or hypertension, then I would further investigate kidney disorders. Otherwise you're most likely fine.

With the Hematocrit at 55 I would consider donating blood (but I believe you are over the limit at 55) or asking your Dr if you can get a script for phlebotomy(s).

A few weeks back my Hematocrit was also 55 and Hemoglobin was a staggering 19.3. The day I got my bloodwork results I immediately went to my Doc and referred me (same day) to a hematologist for a phlebotomy.

5 days after the first phlebotomy they re-checked and my hematocrit was 51 (down 4 points) and hemoglobin was 17.1 (down 2 points). I have another session today and then going forward I will be donating blood at least every 6 weeks.

On another note My AST and ALT ranges have been around what yours are and the moment I started taking Liv52 4 x per day, 3 gallons of water and very clean diet....I was back to normal AST and ALT ranges in 3 months.

In summary your doing the right thing by addressing the issue and taking corrective action. I would just put everything the fuck down, especially the booze. Continue to train, cardio, good sleep, fish oil, Liv52 (Amazon it's cheap) and you will be just fine. Don't let the anxiety get your BP up. Best of luck brother!

Last edited:
thanks for the feedback. orals are out for at least 6 months maybe forever. i want to do this shit we do forever and dont want anything to fuck it up. I donated blood yesterday and sups came today from amazon. I love amazon by the way. Super fast free delivery. Anyway what do you guys think about my super ass low total test but my free still in range? I went in knowing my test would be low but I figured my free would be low as well. it must linger around longer.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws