over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High ast/alt -not steroid related ?

mike036

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I had bloodwork done recently after being off all steroids for about 7 weeks .my ast/alt were slightly elevated 42/59 .my doc ordered more bloodwork which I did a week later .she also tested for hepatitis ,which was negative .my ast/alt actually went up even more .64/114 .she is sending me to a gastroenterologist.i have an appt feb 9. I don't drink alcohol anymore .the only medication I have been using was hcg/hmg and some aromasin 12.5mg eod .i use about 30 grams of Kratom/day which I have been for years and never had any issues .any ideas what is causing this ?

Intense training causes this. So does sprinting fast , running fast.

next time try not training with weights three four days prior

Intense training causes this. So does sprinting fast , running fast.

next time try not training with weights three four days prior

Brother ,I haven't been to the gym in weeks and do a 20 minute light jog on the treadmill 3 times a week .i should have included this in my original post .my problem isn't excerxise related .i do appreciate your input,thanks

I also want to add that in the past I always did my bloodwork a day or 2 after lifting and ast/alt were never high

Might be due to the Aromasin... all AI's are documented to not be extremely liver friendly, as clearly indicated on the notice accompanying the original med in its box. Nolvadex is even worse btw. :eek:

Any pain killers lately? Ibuprofen, paracetamol, etc? They all impact your liver negatively.

Might be due to the Aromasin... all AI's are documented to not be extremely liver friendly, as clearly indicated on the notice accompanying the original med in its box. Nolvadex is even worse btw. :eek:

I am taking such a low dose ,12.5 eod .i heard nolvadex can mess with the liver but I didnt think aromasin did .I will have to read up on it ,thanks.and no painkillers or acetaminophen

I hate to play devils advocate but if you were my patient I wouldn't be concerned with those liver enzyme readings. The elevation is so minimal it wouldn't cause me to look twice.

I hate to play devils advocate but if you were my patient I wouldn't be concerned with those liver enzyme readings. The elevation is so minimal it wouldn't cause me to look twice.

I wasn't concerned about the first test but the second test a week later my numbers almost doubled ,with my ast being over a hundred (114).something is causing this elevation and I would love to know what .thanks asteelz

Just a guess. Non alcoholic fatty liver disease? I've had my numbers fluctuate quite a bit. Ill usually jump on tudca and nac and they always come down. Do you drink enough water? I found that helps a lot.

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk

Suppose it can't hurt to check and be thorough. Keep us updated.im curious now.. above poster nafld would present with high alt, and high trig, high vldl.

Last edited:
Just a guess. Non alcoholic fatty liver disease? I've had my numbers fluctuate quite a bit. Ill usually jump on tudca and nac and they always come down. Do you drink enough water? I found that helps a lot.

I guessing you meant tudca and nac lol 😎.I do drink plenty of water .i haven't been diagnosed with fatty liver .how does a doc determine if it's fatty liver ? Thanks
I saw you edited your post ,it said Tues and mac at first

Last edited:
I guessing you meant tudca and nac lol 😎.I do drink plenty of water .i haven't been diagnosed with fatty liver .how does a doc determine if it's fatty liver ? Thanks
I saw you edited your post ,it said Tues and mac at first
Ya I fixed it:) I was never diagnosed with it but my triglycerides were hi and liver values also. Doc said it could be but the next time I got the #s down with supplements. So no further discussion. But my #s are usually slightly elevated.

Follow through with the doctors. I can't see anything from what you have said so far that would cause them to climb like that. Shit mine are in the 40s on grams! Unless your aromasin is dbol or something, I don't see what it could be.

Any abdominal pain? When I had that gallstone in my bile duct I had very minor upper abdominal pain and when they did blood work my value were slightly raised. Doc said it was because of the bile backing up. Gastro will figure out why regardless. I'm sure everything will turn out fine.

Any abdominal pain? When I had that gallstone in my bile duct I had very minor upper abdominal pain and when they did blood work my value were slightly raised. Doc said it was because of the bile backing up. Gastro will figure out why regardless. I'm sure everything will turn out fine.

Thanks Giants ,no abdominal pain

I had bloodwork done recently after being off all steroids for about 7 weeks .my ast/alt were slightly elevated 42/59 .my doc ordered more bloodwork which I did a week later .she also tested for hepatitis ,which was negative .my ast/alt actually went up even more .64/114 .she is sending me to a gastroenterologist.i have an appt feb 9. I don't drink alcohol anymore .the only medication I have been using was hcg/hmg and some aromasin 12.5mg eod .i use about 30 grams of Kratom/day which I have been for years and never had any issues .any ideas what is causing this ?

Is your diet clean? Fast food will raise those numbers way up higher than that. This was proven in the documentary, SUPER SIZE ME.

Just to note: that AST / ALT is only slightly elevated if at all. You could have bumped a table too hard and got a bruise and THAT could have increased it that tiny bit. Training hard will raise it.

In a clinical setting, we don't become concerned with AST / ALT until it's 3-5x the normal lab values.

Is your diet clean? Fast food will raise those numbers way up higher than that. This was proven in the documentary, SUPER SIZE ME.

I eat pretty clean JJB1 .

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner