over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High AST and ALT after one week

p-lethal

Registered
so i've been off everything for the past 4 months and had my blood work tested within that time frame and everything came back fine. i am one week in running test 500 pw, tren 225 pw, var 50mg ed. just got my blood work back after one week and my AST is 220 and ALT is 187. i am surprised they are already this elevated. do you think it's the var or tren? would you drop one of them or both? thoughts?

also, i'm taking plenty of support supps as well (tudca, cycle support, etc)

thanks!

Did you train before blood work or have any sore injection sites? Both can cause those enzymes to leak from damaged muscle tissue into blood and cause false readings.

Rest for 3-4 days before blood work and get retested

Did you train before blood work or have any sore injection sites? Both can cause those enzymes to leak from damaged muscle tissue into blood and cause false readings.

Rest for 3-4 days before blood work and get retested

i trained the night before then fasted for 12 hours.

i trained the night before then fasted for 12 hours.

You need to not train for a few days and make sure you do not have any sore shots. Both will lead to false high readings.

Damaged muscle sells will leak the ALT and AST when damaged.

AST is usually higher than ALT due to alcohol consumption or muscle damage

Fasting has no impact on liver values, only on lipids

You need to not train for a few days and make sure you do not have any sore shots. Both will lead to false high readings.

thanks i'll give that a try. i had lipids done as well so that's why i fasted

thanks i'll give that a try. i had lipids done as well so that's why i fasted

It should come back good, it is almost impossible for that kind of damage to be done from what you are taking in only a week.

I did a bit of research and found that the enzyme GGT is more specific to the liver and you don't really get it from muscle break down. When you go back to test have them throw in GGT.https://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/ggt/tab/test

I did a bit of research and found that the enzyme GGT is more specific to the liver and you don't really get it from muscle break down. When you go back to test have them throw in GGT.https://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/ggt/tab/test

Not true, GGT is only useful if ALP is elevated, in this case GGT will show why ALP is elevated. GGT will not always be elevated in a damaged liver and is more of a secondary test once the first line of tests comes back bad.

"A GGT test may be ordered when someone has an elevated ALP level. An ALP test may be ordered alone or as part of a routine liver panel to screen for liver damage, even if no symptoms are present. A GGT test may be ordered when results of the ALP test are high but other tests that are part of the liver panel (such as AST and ALT) are not increased."

It would be a waste of money to get GGT tested as it can only be high when ALP is high, ALP (Alkaline Phosphatase) is part of the standard liver panel

Last edited:
New guidelines actually say fasting for lipids is not necessary.

ya know ive tested that a few times and my #s always come back lower fasted. im talking blood work back to back days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so i've been off everything for the past 4 months and had my blood work tested within that time frame and everything came back fine. i am one week in running test 500 pw, tren 225 pw, var 50mg ed. just got my blood work back after one week and my AST is 220 and ALT is 187. i am surprised they are already this elevated. do you think it's the var or tren? would you drop one of them or both? thoughts?

also, i'm taking plenty of support supps as well (tudca, cycle support, etc)

thanks!

I just had bloods done and my AST was 32, ALT was 50. I haven't used orals for over a year and just recently started back on 125mg test. I have followed a ketogenic diet for the last two months and it has made a difference in my results.

Not a huge beliver in the xercise causes a sig. rise in ast alt levels
If ya read the study...
a few things this was done on individuals used to mod xcersice
but not used to performing weightlifting on a regular basis. ( Not U)

Liver function tests are significantly increased for at least 7 days after weightlifting among men used to moderate physical activity, but not used to performing weightlifting on a regular basis.(Again Not U)

So according to the study if you train 5 days a week as I do I should never have in range Liver enzymes...( B/C they are supposedly effected at least 7 days after trainin) I can show LOTS of Blds were I am in range trainin regularly... for that matter mine should never b in range.

So wat i am sayin is in People that weight train on a consistent basis.(Most of us here)
That study holds no merit.....
this can be proved.

I would look at the Tren.
which I can relate.

DO NOT THINK takin some nac or other liver support that this will change this much or is some miracle or you then should disregard the Bld tests.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2291230/

Much Luck

Not a huge beliver in the xercise causes a sig. rise in ast alt levels
If ya read the study...
a few things this was done on individuals used to mod xcersice
but not used to performing weightlifting on a regular basis. ( Not U)

Liver function tests are significantly increased for at least 7 days after weightlifting among men used to moderate physical activity, but not used to performing weightlifting on a regular basis.(Again Not U)

So according to the study if you train 5 days a week as I do I should never have in range Liver enzymes...( B/C they are supposedly effected at least 7 days after trainin) I can show LOTS of Blds were I am in range trainin regularly... for that matter mine should never b in range.

So wat i am sayin is in People that weight train on a consistent basis.(Most of us here)
That study holds no merit.....
this can be proved.

I would look at the Tren.
which I can relate.

DO NOT THINK takin some nac or other liver support that this will change this much or is some miracle or you then should disregard the Bld tests.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2291230/

Much Luck

No where does the study say that if you weight train regularly you will not have increased liver values.

But it does say:

These findings highlight the importance of imposing restrictions on weightlifting prior to and during clinical studies. Intensive muscular exercise, e.g. weightlifting, should also be considered as a cause of asymptomatic elevations of liver function tests in daily clinical practice.

No where does the study say that if you weight train regularly you will not have increased liver values.

Correct I said that. those are my words based on my personal xperience and lookin at other Brothers test results....I do not have elevated Liver enzymes and I train on da reg.

But it does say:

These findings highlight the importance of imposing restrictions on weightlifting prior to and during clinical studies. Intensive muscular exercise, e.g. weightlifting, should also be considered as a cause of asymptomatic elevations of liver function tests in daily clinical practice.

So Wat.
The study was not done on People that Weight train Regularly.
They specifically state this
Fifteen healthy men, used to moderate physical activity not including weightlifting, performed an 1 h long weightlifting programme.
Then they weight trained

So if yr a Newbie to Weight trainin xpect to have elevated Liver enzymes. Sore Muscles Too.

So Wat.
The study was not done on People that Weight train Regularly.
They specifically state this
Fifteen healthy men, used to moderate physical activity not including weightlifting, performed an 1 h long weightlifting programme.
Then they weight trained

So if yr a Newbie to Weight trainin xpect to have elevated Liver enzymes. Sore Muscles Too.

They needed a controlled type of exercise for the study, they chose weightlifting, randomly or for whatever reason. To ensure that all of the subjects were at the same baseline for that type of exercise they chose people with no weightlifting history (to eliminate variables).

This does not mean or infer that if you weight train regularly you will not experience elevated enzymes post exercise.

"G&H How are liver dysfunction and vigorous exercise both linked to raised transaminase levels?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3104191/

MS Healthy individuals have normal levels of trans-aminase enzymes. Although the levels that constitute “normal” are currently under debate, most people who are healthy have levels that are recognizably within the normal range.
However, just as these markers do not discriminate among liver diseases, they do not discriminate among several different sources of inflammation. Thus, raised levels can be traced to muscular inflammation as well as hepatic inflammation. People who exercise heavily (eg, weight lifters, marathon runners, soldiers who perform heavy-duty labor) can have abnormal transaminase levels, as can those suffering muscular trauma, such as myocar-dial infarction or even surgery in which some muscles are cut. The normal repair process in these cases engenders inflammation and raises transaminase levels."

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws