over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High Blood Pressure Scare

slimjones

Registered
So i went into the doc a few weeks ago and my BP was 133/98....She tells me to monitor it for a few days by going to the pharmacy and checking it there....so over the next 4 days i go 2x a day and average 160/88....im freaking out at this point....i go back in to the doc and a different nurse takes my BP but says my arms are big and uses a different cuff....122/78...NORMAL!!! The first nurse used the wrong cuff size and the second nurse told me the pharmacy machines are meant for "normal" sized arms and would of been giving me a false reading....OMG!! I was tripping and all kinds of scuuurrred for 2 weeks!!

HA HA...........

Well i'm glad all was well. I sometimes get a high reading just because i was irritated at sitting in the office to long, or the traffic was horrid. Oh and my arm won't even fit in one of those pharmacy cuffs. LOL! I can almost get my forearm all the way in though.

HA HA...........

Well i'm glad all was well. I sometimes get a high reading just because i was irritated at sitting in the office to long, or the traffic was horrid. Oh and my arm won't even fit in one of those pharmacy cuffs. LOL! I can almost get my forearm all the way in though.
So i went into the doc a few weeks ago and my BP was 133/98....She tells me to monitor it for a few days by going to the pharmacy and checking it there....so over the next 4 days i go 2x a day and average 160/88....im freaking out at this point....i go back in to the doc and a different nurse takes my BP but says my arms are big and uses a different cuff....122/78...NORMAL!!! The first nurse used the wrong cuff size and the second nurse told me the pharmacy machines are meant for "normal" sized arms and would of been giving me a false reading....OMG!! I was tripping and all kinds of scuuurrred for 2 weeks!!
That'll do it lol.... same issue when I donate blood, they use too small of a cuff and they get concerned. I only trust my home machine with proper cuff.

sadly i know that 160/88 aint nuthin...

sadly i know that 160/88 aint nuthin...

Not for a few isolated measurements but maintain a fairly consistent systolic BP of 160+ or a MAP of 110+ for years and no bueno.

It's amazing how something so simple yet commonly overlooked by the medical profession can "treat" a lot of freaky "high BP measurements" or even "cure" a diagnosis of "hypertension." Try to stay away from automated BP measurements in general b/c they tend to 1) use the wrong size cuff, 2) provide systolic BP measurements that are >/=10-20 mm Hg higher than a manual old school sphygmomanometer with the proper cuff size. Don't forget to measure BP on left AND right sides. Glad you got it figured out.

It's amazing how something so simple yet commonly overlooked by the medical profession can "treat" a lot of freaky "high BP measurements" or even "cure" a diagnosis of "hypertension." Try to stay away from automated BP measurements in general b/c they tend to 1) use the wrong size cuff, 2) provide systolic BP measurements that are >/=10-20 mm Hg higher than a manual old school sphygmomanometer with the proper cuff size. Don't forget to measure BP on left AND right sides. Glad you got it figured out.
How you feel about a wrist cuff bp monitor?

That's a good question and one I've never encountered. Ergo, I can't comment until I try a wrist BP cuff/monitor. My guess is that it will also be off but that's just based on the other distal pulses in the human body and the ones we use to monitor NIBP.

I had a nurse put the cuff on and inflate it only too hear it tearing off , she redid it and again it start tearing off at this point she has my arm in like a headlock holding the cuff on so it didn’t tear off only too tell me my BP was little elevated . It’s amazing that you have too tell a nurse what size cuff to use .

I had a nurse put the cuff on and inflate it only too hear it tearing off , she redid it and again it start tearing off at this point she has my arm in like a headlock holding the cuff on so it didn’t tear off only too tell me my BP was little elevated . It’s amazing that you have too tell a nurse what size cuff to use .

In my experience, a lot of LPNs and Medical Assistant's don't know how to do much of anything properly in the medical setting. RN's tend to be much better.

Happened to me too they r used to pulling the big cuff for fat people. I get that lab now the coat anexiety too but even when I am high like 130/80 my doc says that ain’t shit especially bc my labs are good. Now the 98 of 133/98 is a lil scary. Most the guys who’ve had BP issues have told me they knew it was high bc they felt it I know if I’m stressed and mine is high I def feel it. I can’t imagine walking around 140/90 and needing a cuff to know.

So I tried several different types of wrist cuff BP monitors and not surprisingly, the systolic BP readings are about 12+/- 3 mm Hg higher compared to the readings I tested using an old school sphygmomanometer with the proper cuff size. This applied to measurements conducted on both arms with each measurement taken at least one minute apart from one another.

So I tried several different types of wrist cuff BP monitors and not surprisingly, the systolic BP readings are about 12+/- 3 mm Hg higher compared to the readings I tested using an old school sphygmomanometer with the proper cuff size. This applied to measurements conducted on both arms with each measurement taken at least one minute apart from one another.
Interesting. My dentist uses one and I always come in with high reading. Of course they don't follow the instructions for the monitor either. I have the same one and always have a lower reading following the instructions at home but still a little on the high side.

My dentist uses those and I’m always +10 on both and they acknowledge that they read high I guess it’s bc their cheap so they use them bc apparently norcaine jacks ur BP up

My dentist uses those and I’m always +10 on both and they acknowledge that they read high I guess it’s bc their cheap so they use them bc apparently norcaine jacks ur BP up

Several of my good friends are dentists and none of them know how to take a proper BP measurement using an old school sphygmomanometer and a basic stethoscope. It's simple physical diagnostic skill that takes practice to become proficient. Yet, I see medical professionals F**K it up all of the time. Makes me cringe.

Several of my good friends are dentists and none of them know how to take a proper BP measurement using an old school sphygmomanometer and a basic stethoscope. It's simple physical diagnostic skill that takes practice to become proficient. Yet, I see medical professionals F**K it up all of the time. Makes me cringe.
Yea I train a few nurses well they’re in school and they’re great at it bc of their background in our sport but apparently tons of people fail and they just get to try again there’s basically unlimited retires.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws