LMAOO

Last edited:
next......this member will be PMs TOP trainer....with 100s of
followers...

only 40$ a month...

LMAOO

I remember that guy and they made him featured member. :D:p:D TrintyD :eek:

what do you mean...????

people here don't cut and paste......!!!!

what the fuck is wrong with you man....???

:(

it's another random damn you tenny post. get back in your what we're really eating forum - it's received 17 violations in kitchen prep and dining area while you were here but was nominated as longest running food series on a pm thread over 27 pages.

that whalen dude's got more than half his posts cut and paste straight out of other bodybuilding forums - no links to original content. they are one sentences or paragraphs like they're his random answers.

got my BP tested today

122/67 :headbang:

and ive put on a ton of weight in the past 2 weeks.. so my ace inhibitor supplier is on point

Stewie, any thoughts on his pulse pressure being 55? I've mentioned this to you before where my diastolic is always so low around 60 that my pulse widening pressure is wide.

TO Mr. BMJ

Pre-ops sound good, good luck with your surgery!

Last edited:
Wrist monitors are not particularly accurate my friend......

Question Dr. Kim, I know you are against diuretics, but what BP meds do you think would be the best and why.

Hello Dr. Kim,
I was prescribed low dose Bystolic at 5mg daily, which I take mornings. The drug was prescribed at the insistence of a surgeon who would not perform his work until my GP prescribed it. This was 5 years ago. I tend to get white coat syndrome because I am stressed/anxious at times.

I take my Bystolic in the AM, and my BP as measured about an hour later is often in the 120's over 75+ - 80's. In the early afternoon it will drop to 104 (107) - 65 (66).

What do you think of me dropping the Bystolic? Is it really needed? Is it safe to test my BP sans Bystolic, and how would I go about doing it...Would I taper or just stop cold turkey?

I would be interested in your thoughts, and thank you in advance for your thoughtful reply.

Hello Dr. Kim,
I was prescribed low dose Bystolic at 5mg daily, which I take mornings. The drug was prescribed at the insistence of a surgeon who would not perform his work until my GP prescribed it. This was 5 years ago. I tend to get white coat syndrome because I am stressed/anxious at times.

I take my Bystolic in the AM, and my BP as measured about an hour later is often in the 120's over 75+ - 80's. In the early afternoon it will drop to 104 (107) - 65 (66).

What do you think of me dropping the Bystolic? Is it really needed? Is it safe to test my BP sans Bystolic, and how would I go about doing it...Would I taper or just stop cold turkey?

I would be interested in your thoughts, and thank you in advance for your thoughtful reply.

Not Dr. Kim

Although here's some thought that might help you with white coat syndrome. A lot of times this is due too ones parasympathetic/sympathetic tone, or a high sympathetic tone.

Try upping your aerobic capacity. There's evidence that this approach can help reactivate one's parasympathetic tone creating an equilibrium with your sympathetic system.

Good advice from Stewie,thanks!

Pesty I am not across the board against diuretics,I'm just not crazy about the one you were taking. You back?

Drs tend to use diurectis first line and best is dyazide as it spares K+ but 80% of all Americans are Mg+ deficient and certainly all diuretics waste Mg+ which is only accurately measured on a 24 hr urine,as most Mg+ is intra-cellular so a serum Mg+ is worthless-just take Mg threonate.

Next, if you look at the mechanism of why BB's get HTN,it is usually a renin -angiotension issue so I would press on the ACE inhibitors first, after giving someone dyazide and Mg+ IF they complainted of bloating. If not,I'd forego the diuretic.

Thinktank you likely would be fine cutting the bystolic in 1/2 for several days, then taking a 1/4 for several days, then stopping it...all the while monitoring your Bp closely. BUT I need to advise you to pls inform your doctor and get his/her blessing as I should not be giving actual "medical advice" here, OK?
Something that sounds "goofy" but brings down catecholamines is getting a diffuser and diffusing scientifically proven aromatherapy blends. I did a blog on this-category on info by condition is stress which names all of the oils studied,etc.

Watch for a PM from me coming from Big A later today!

Best,
Dr.Kim

Thank you doc. I am scheduled for an annual examine with my GP and a typical follow up with my Cardialogist. I will express my desire to test this out with them before proceeding.

The funny thing is my GP was reluctant to put me on it in the first place. She said that standards for BP have changed recently, and that what I consider high (140's/80's) would not be considered that bad years ago.

She chose Bystolic because I was going through a very stressful period in my life and had developed bouts of anxiety.

I assume that a rise in BP due to a stressful situation (exercise, anxiety) is perfectly normal,healthy, and expected at times.

Last edited:
Thank you doc. I am scheduled for an annual examine with my GP and a typical follow up with my Cardialogist. I will express my desire to test this out with them before proceeding.

The funny thing is my GP was reluctant to put me on it in the first place. She said that standards for BP have changed recently, and that what I consider high (140's/80's) would not be considered that bad years ago.

She chose Bystolic because I was going through a very stressful period in my life and had developed bouts of anxiety.

I assume that a rise in BP due to a stressful situation (exercise, anxiety) is perfectly normal,healthy, and expected at times.

HI Thinktank,
Yes guidelines have been tweaked BUT not how you think. ACC and AHA actually advise more strict control than 120/80 if you are young,expecially under 40. The "relaxing" of control is in the elderly where we often tolerate 135-140/85-90 due to generalized atherosclerosis....including decreased cerebral blood flow.

Your doc chose bystolic due to it's slight anti-anxiety effects as a beta-blocker. IMHO the worst BP med you can put a young athletic guy on is a beta blocker-they can impede athletic performance and cause ED. I would feel better weaning you off of this and mitigating all BP surges (which go WAY UP) as you know with any valsalva movements in the gym (bracing,squatting,etc) with low dose ACE inhibitor.

Take care,
Dr.Kim

HI Thinktank,
Yes guidelines have been tweaked BUT not how you think. ACC and AHA actually advise more strict control than 120/80 if you are young,expecially under 40. The "relaxing" of control is in the elderly where we often tolerate 135-140/85-90 due to generalized atherosclerosis....including decreased cerebral blood flow.

Your doc chose bystolic due to it's slight anti-anxiety effects as a beta-blocker. IMHO the worst BP med you can put a young athletic guy on is a beta blocker-they can impede athletic performance and cause ED. I would feel better weaning you off of this and mitigating all BP surges (which go WAY UP) as you know with any valsalva movements in the gym (bracing,squatting,etc) with low dose ACE inhibitor.

Take care,
Dr.Kim

LOL! I am old by those standard... Mid 40's. Thankfully no ED issues....Except if I am on a long cycle ;)

It's my opinion that the Bystolic definitely screws with my ability to burn fat and that is also a good reason for me to dump it.

Best advice I ever got from Dr Kim was her telling me about the inaccuracy of the electronic BP devices. I ordered a manual one from Amazon. Had the wife do me(lol) with it when I got home today(she has some nursing skills from the past). First I did the electronic one, 189/92(Holy sh!t, those number alone give me high BP!) Waste of $60 at Walgreens. :mad::banghead:

Then the manual one, 130/90. Love ya Doc!

Oh glad you got a good one Doug but would like to see the diastolic of 90 turn into 80 or even 75 so I"m glad you have the sitonox coming.....:love:

Oh glad you got a good one Doug but would like to see the diastolic of 90 turn into 80 or even 75 so I"m glad you have the sitonox coming.....:love:

When using the sito-nox what dose and how many doses per day would you recommend to control blood pressure ?

Last edited:
Mike,
This depends on three things:

1. How much NO is the body making-we can actually do 24 hour urines if we want to be scientific about it.

2. What is the BP as we cannot bring down 160/100 with just NO enhancement.

3. How stiff are the pipes? If someone is placquing up and stiffening up arteries they are less responsive to NO dilation.

That said for someone young and healthy like Doug it would be a scoop 2x/day most likely. I don't like to exceed 3 scoops per day because NO is like the 3 bears-too little-not good-too much-also not good-has to be "just right".:)

Mike,
This depends on three things:

1. How much NO is the body making-we can actually do 24 hour urines if we want to be scientific about it.

2. What is the BP as we cannot bring down 160/100 with just NO enhancement.

3. How stiff are the pipes? If someone is placquing up and stiffening up arteries they are less responsive to NO dilation.

That said for someone young and healthy like Doug it would be a scoop 2x/day most likely. I don't like to exceed 3 scoops per day because NO is like the 3 bears-too little-not good-too much-also not good-has to be "just right".:)

Where's the tip jar, I got a $10 dollar bill for it. :p:D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity