over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High blood presure meds for on cycle?

onslaught

Banned
Other then give blood, can one take a script for lowering blood pressure during a cycle? Something like capoten? Or is this something to worry about once you're blood pressure is high?

Im pretty sure i read about a couple guys takimg bp meds while on, from what i gather the side effects of the medcine are far less then running around with high bp, no personal experience tho sorry

I used to take an ARB called benicar. It worked great for keeping my BP normal even when on heavy cycles. I would inquire with your doc about that. The ACE inhibitors and ARBs have vitrually no sides and work well for mild to moderate problems. Ive never had a single side from any of them. The last thing you want to do is leave your high bp untreated because doing so is a good way to develop heart maladies.

I took clonodine @ 200 mcg i believe. Take it at night and it helps you sleep as well. I read some shit about it free up some gh but I dont know how true that is. DIdnt get any side effects except dry mouth. got me down from 180 over 13 back to normal. Just make sure you stop when you go off cause your blood pressure will be too low.

BP

Other then give blood, can one take a script for lowering blood pressure during a cycle? Something like capoten? Or is this something to worry about once you're blood pressure is high?

I believe anyone with high blood pressure should certainly take it seriously. I tried several meds with poor success until I found BYSTOLIC 10mg. It's pretty impressive. My bp was averaging 140/100, walking heart rate 110. With meds, 120/74 Heart rate 74-76.

Excellent med, and I feel better.

I believe anyone with high blood pressure should certainly take it seriously. I tried several meds with poor success until I found BYSTOLIC 10mg. It's pretty impressive. My bp was averaging 140/100, walking heart rate 110. With meds, 120/74 Heart rate 74-76.

Excellent med, and I feel better.

Just looked that one up, its a Beta Blocker. A good choice for you as it helps to regulate heart rate and bring down tachycardia. Did they ever find out why your heart rate was 110? Id wonder about cardiomyopathy. Thats the usual cause, unless there is something wrong with your conduction system in the heart.
Beta blockers are really powerful, and I wouldnt recommend them unless nothing else works. I have to take a big dose of Coreg, a beta blocker, now because of my heart attack. It helps keeps my HR down so that I dont have another episode of tachycardia leading to cardiac arrest like I almost did.

I've had high BP since i was 15. Docs don't know why. Went through a bunch of tests. I'm on 40mg lisinopril ED with 12.5mg diazyde. It feels fantastic. I never have issues.

Clonidine is a terrible choice for an active person because it's a beta-blocker. It does the reverse of clenbuterol. Clen is a beta-agonist. Beta receptors control your nervous system. Clonidine will therefore slowwwww you down. My family doctor tried clonidine when I was younger (like an IDIOT). I literally didn't get out of bed for 2 days.

I've had high BP since i was 15. Docs don't know why. Went through a bunch of tests. I'm on 40mg lisinopril ED with 12.5mg diazyde. It feels fantastic. I never have issues.

Clonidine is a terrible choice for an active person because it's a beta-blocker. It does the reverse of clenbuterol. Clen is a beta-agonist. Beta receptors control your nervous system. Clonidine will therefore slowwwww you down. My family doctor tried clonidine when I was younger (like an IDIOT). I literally didn't get out of bed for 2 days.

Yeah, beta blockers suck. I can attest to that. Im on 80 mg/day coreg, and thats the highest they normally go on the drug. It slows you down big time. I cant get my heart rate over 135 BPM, no matter how hard I workout. My metabolism has slowed. One of the known sides is weight gain. Avoid it if you can.
Lisinopril is an ACE inhibitor, and works fine in most cases. Im on that now too. Im on all kinds of shit!

Yeah, beta blockers suck. I can attest to that. Im on 80 mg/day coreg, and thats the highest they normally go on the drug. It slows you down big time. I cant get my heart rate over 135 BPM, no matter how hard I workout. My metabolism has slowed. One of the known sides is weight gain. Avoid it if you can.
Lisinopril is an ACE inhibitor, and works fine in most cases. Im on that now too. Im on all kinds of shit!

yeah i also use lisinopril @ 10 mg ed when on..it works very well and is like 4 bucks a month for the script so...

i used to have HBP for just abt my whole life, then i came up with a mix that got me into the normal range, 15g arginine split into 3 doses and half a 325mg aspirin 2x a day, ur bp will drop within a week, and ur "pole" could crack granite
frk

yeah i also use lisinopril @ 10 mg ed when on..it works very well and is like 4 bucks a month for the script so...

After some independent research, I found Losinopril to be a great choice in controlling my blood pressure. I used it almost a year ago. It is in the Ace Inhibitor class of blood pressure medicines, and as such leads to fewer side effects in my opinion. I don’t use blood pressure medicine any longer, but had a bought with temporary hypertension a few years ago. High blood pressure is nothing to mess around with. If you have it you should treat it! I was always told by the Doctors “once you start using blood pressure medicine you are on it for life”. This turned out not to be true for me, and I am currently control my blood pressure with diet and my workout routine (cardio).

I personally could not tolerate the Beta Blockers (Toporol). I blame this drug for completely screwing up my hormone panels and making me feel like shit. I have no scientific proof, but this medicine was the only variable in my training and health routine at the time and it changed my health for the worse in a short period of time. Once I started using Losinopril in place of Toporol I felt measurably better and eventually titrated off the medicine all together. The side effects of Toporol (Beta Blocker) were intolerable to me. I was in my early 40’s when I was prescribed it.

After some independent research, I found Losinopril to be a great choice in controlling my blood pressure. I used it almost a year ago. It is in the Ace Inhibitor class of blood pressure medicines, and as such leads to fewer side effects in my opinion. I don’t use blood pressure medicine any longer, but had a bought with temporary hypertension a few years ago. High blood pressure is nothing to mess around with. If you have it you should treat it! I was always told by the Doctors “once you start using blood pressure medicine you are on it for life”. This turned out not to be true for me, and I am currently control my blood pressure with diet and my workout routine (cardio).

I personally could not tolerate the Beta Blockers (Toporol). I blame this drug for completely screwing up my hormone panels and making me feel like shit. I have no scientific proof, but this medicine was the only variable in my training and health routine at the time and it changed my health for the worse in a short period of time. Once I started using Losinopril in place of Toporol I felt measurably better and eventually titrated off the medicine all together. The side effects of Toporol (Beta Blocker) were intolerable to me. I was in my early 40’s when I was prescribed it.

Yep, another testimony of how bad beta blockers are. Never take beta blockers unless its the only thing that will help you. Im on it for the fact that much of my heart was wiped out by a heart attack, and it controls my heart rate. It makes me feel like shit, but at least im still alive.

Aspirin

i used to have HBP for just abt my whole life, then i came up with a mix that got me into the normal range, 15g arginine split into 3 doses and half a 325mg aspirin 2x a day, ur bp will drop within a week, and ur "pole" could crack granite
frk

Any stomach issues with the aspirin? I take the standard 81 mg baby aspirin but have never tried higher does because of the reported effects on stomach bleeding.

Any stomach issues with the aspirin? I take the standard 81 mg baby aspirin but have never tried higher does because of the reported effects on stomach bleeding.

Research shows that you dont need more than the baby aspirin a day to help prevent blood clots. Taking more doesnt help you any, it has no effect of lowering your risk even more.

Maldorf,

I really want to thank you for bringing up BP so much. Mine has been high for the last couple of years and anytime I go to a Doctor (I move around alo so I don't have a GP) they always say "you need to dosomething about that"
But no one has ever told me that having high BP could cause trouble down the road.

It had been about 145/90 the last couple of years but lately it has been up around 165/100 and I still didn't react till I saw all your posts. I have an appt with a Doc next week

Suggestion

Maldorf,

I really want to thank you for bringing up BP so much. Mine has been high for the last couple of years and anytime I go to a Doctor (I move around alo so I don't have a GP) they always say "you need to dosomething about that"
But no one has ever told me that having high BP could cause trouble down the road.

It had been about 145/90 the last couple of years but lately it has been up around 165/100 and I still didn't react till I saw all your posts. I have an appt with a Doc next week

One of the best investments I have ever made is to by an electronic (battery operated) blood pressure machine. I think I paid $60 for it a a CVS pharmacy. I routinely check my blood pressure and this machine logs my results for up to 500 readings. It will allow me to print this out for the Doc if necessary. I check my BP first thing in the morning, and at differenct times during the day (approximately 3 times) to get an average for what my pulse and BP are running day in and day out. Currently my Average pulse is 72 and BP is 118/73. If your blood pressure is consistently 165/100 you are in full blown hypertension and should have it regulated immediately. Just my two cents Amazon!

thanks bpcsatx, I bought a BP monitor last friday and use it daily

Maldorf,

Its a great thing that youre going to take action. I let mine go untreated for maybe 5 years or so. It was only really high when on cycle, but still that was several years of it being untreated. Youre not alone in how youve been reguarding treating high bp. The good thing is that research has shown that some of the damage done from untreated high blood pressure can be reversed once you get it under control. Ask lots of questions and become involved in the treatment process.

i take the half of reg aspirin just because i get a thousand of them at sams for like 8bux lol. it hurts my fingers to bust em in half and to bust them down more would be frivilous to me lol

frk

doesnt anyone use natural cures anymore? co enzyme q 10 works great for blood pressure along with a garlic supplement. before i learned about these my blood pressure was always high when "on". now i can use 2 gr of test a week w/ 600 mg deca and my readings stay normal most of the time. of course post workout its high for a bit but comes down to normal.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131