over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High BP 142/108

2jacked4u

Registered
Ok first let me say I have been running around 130-120's/ 90's-85 for the past year and just recently went in with a severe cold that my lovely wife gave me and when they did my Bp it was 142/108, I dont really know if what I was taking had any efect on the reading? I also did the reading around lunch 3 days later and it was 140/90.

-synthroid 200mcg daily
-day quil
-musinex
-4 expresso shots, lol
-and feeling like shit

And of course AAS

She seemed more concerend with this issue then my cold, which is fine with me. And I am going in tomorrow to do labs and talk about meds..

Anyone have any knowledge of this?

Thanks guy's

130-120's/ 90's-85

^this is already pre-hypertensive.. did your doc know it was around that for a year? you haven't done anything to try to lower it for a year?

130-120's/ 90's-85

^this is already pre-hypertensive.. did your doc know it was around that for a year? you haven't done anything to try to lower it for a year?

Actually I saw a different doc for the cold, and she addressed it. She also thought it was something that should have been brought to my attention earlier, she did say dont worry BUT we need to move on this now to be safe for later. Also my endrocernologist keeps me slightly hyper (beings I dont have a thyroid) and this is supossed to supress the possibilites of the cancer coming back.

Ok first let me say I have been running around 130-120's/ 90's-85 for the past year and just recently went in with a severe cold that my lovely wife gave me and when they did my Bp it was 142/108, I dont really know if what I was taking had any efect on the reading? I also did the reading around lunch 3 days later and it was 140/90.

-synthroid 200mcg daily
-day quil
-musinex
-4 expresso shots, lol
-and feeling like shit

And of course AAS

She seemed more concerend with this issue then my cold, which is fine with me. And I am going in tomorrow to do labs and talk about meds..

Thanks guy's

Mucinex, especially Mucinex DM, Dayquil, espresso all can cause increased BP. Especially cold medicines. You don't tolerate them well. Don't take anything with DM. I am in the medical field and find this to be a quite common problem. Quit taking those things and then re-check your blood pressure or have it checked. Also make sure the nurse uses the big cuff on you if your arms are bigger.

Have your Doc do a blood test and test your kidney function... Creatinine/GFR and Ratios.... You want to see if your high blood presser has caused any other issues. Then have your Doc put you on some BP meds to get it under control.

-synthroid 200mcg daily
-day quil
-musinex
-4 expresso shots, lol
-and feeling like shit

And of course AAS

Thanks guy's

take your BP like this..

No food for at least an hour (food can make your bp rise)

sit down rested for at least 20 min

Take the bp then take it again like 5 min later then again 5 min later. Some people have high readings on the first test b/c of nerves.

Last edited:
130-120's/ 90's-85

Ive been seeing a good cardo doc for the past few weeks, anything in the low 120's is not really something to bug out about just watch your salt, but distolic over 80 is considered high HP

Numbers can vary a great deal. I'd get it checked again and hopefully the numbers will come out better.

you call that high blood pressure:cool:
mine would scare you then:(
i am FINALLY doing something about it tho... sucks...
-JS

A stroke warning!

Don't mess with your blood pressure. I had stroke because I neglected mine. Attend to it right away.

you call that high blood pressure:cool:
mine would scare you then:(
i am FINALLY doing something about it tho... sucks...
-JS

No kidding! I have seen much higher, one of my old training partners had a BP of 167/105 and he always looked like a tomato. The OP's BP is about the same as my PR (146/94, when I was 250+), but now it's only 123/76 due to cutting/cardio.... I miss getting nosebleeds everytime I squat, the horrified look on people's faces was priceless :headbang:

got that beat too...

No kidding! I have seen much higher, one of my old training partners had a BP of 167/105 and he always looked like a tomato. The OP's BP is about the same as my PR (146/94, when I was 250+), but now it's only 123/76 due to cutting/cardio.... I miss getting nosebleeds everytime I squat, the horrified look on people's faces was priceless :headbang:

last i checked it was 177/110 and i was'nt surprised. i am now making changes to fix it and hope any damage i coused is mostly reversible. my grandad is a stroke victim and it scares the shit outta me.
-JS

Everyone should make sure they keep their blood pressure as low as possible. It's your diastolic reading that is high... anything over 90 is bad (over 80 is borderline). 130 is ok. Sure you want it alittle lower but it's not that bad. 140-160 is borderline hypertensive. 160 and over is asking for trouble. I went to 2 doctors with something like 148-80 and they didn't find fault with that! Mine is now 120-73 but expect that to change as I just started a cycle.

Follow the above advice about taking the reading. Do you use a arm or wrist monitor. I have a wrist one and just moving it a few inches up or down can change the reading greatly.

4 coffee's a day can effect results greatly. Just like a big meal or stress etc etc etc. I don't agree with not having food and doing a reading cos if your like most of us you eat throughout the day so it is more accurate to take it 3 times throughout the day (2-3 attempts each time to get a true redaing).

Last edited:
Ok that 120 reading was from last week. Just checked it and it came out 153/85 and 160/99 so I now know I need a better monitor. I only use my wrist monitor as an indication and my doctors machine has my true reading. Just shows you what abit of test and tbol can do. Will have to sort this out. During my last cycle my reading went up to 160 over 95 at it's highest. I only started test the other week and tbol 2 days ago so not good.

For the poster I would get some hawthorn berry... excellent product. Yours is too low to be treated with stronger products. But obviously this is just my opinion.

last i checked it was 177/110 and i was'nt surprised. i am now making changes to fix it and hope any damage i coused is mostly reversible. my grandad is a stroke victim and it scares the shit outta me.
-JS

JS, are you starting any meds? I don't know your history but I cut out some things and lost a few pounds and mine dropped drastically. Doctors like to prescribe med and they are needed sometimes but just dropping some weight whether it be muscle or fat or both will help, if it doesn't then meds. I'm sure you are already working on those things but on the flip side, I see so many docs readily prescribe meds before any non-pharma interventions are tried or even offerred.

JS, are you starting any meds? I don't know your history but I cut out some things and lost a few pounds and mine dropped drastically. Doctors like to prescribe med and they are needed sometimes but just dropping some weight whether it be muscle or fat or both will help, if it doesn't then meds. I'm sure you are already working on those things but on the flip side, I see so many docs readily prescribe meds before any non-pharma interventions are tried or even offerred.

Exactly. Too many people are on medication when a few lifestyle changes could work wonders. Not saying that is in relation to you JS... but obviously carrying alot of weight (muscle in your case) is one thing that can effect bp.

Thanks guy's

See this is why I joined here and choose to not only read but make post's.

Well did my Bp again 3 days later at noon and the reading was 140/90 and followed up with a doc. apt. Well after going in yesterday the reading i thought was still better 140/84 again no meds or expresso before, lol.

She did put me on a 10mg dose of lisinopril, and did a full blood and urine test. I dont know about the rest of you but when she see's my test levels she is going to pass out :D

Ok that 120 reading was from last week. Just checked it and it came out 153/85 and 160/99 so I now know I need a better monitor. I only use my wrist monitor as an indication and my doctors machine has my true reading. Just shows you what abit of test and tbol can do. Will have to sort this out. During my last cycle my reading went up to 160 over 95 at it's highest. I only started test the other week and tbol 2 days ago so not good.

For the poster I would get some hawthorn berry... excellent product. Yours is too low to be treated with stronger products. But obviously this is just my opinion.

Thanks

-synthroid 200mcg daily
-day quil
-musinex
-4 expresso shots, lol
-and feeling like shit

And of course AAS

Thanks guy's

You need to get on some BP meds immediately. Thats too high. 120/70 is what you should aim for when it comes to health.

You need to get on some BP meds immediately. Thats too high. 120/70 is what you should aim for when it comes to health.

hes really not that far out of range, so medication is probably not necessary yet.. i would want to ask what the OP's diet looks like, what kind of cardio is being done, family history etc. before immediately throwing medication at someone...it sucks that in the US all doctors seem to want to do is throw pills at these kind of issues rather than make the person be accountable for lifestyle changes..

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131