over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HIGH CARBS for CUTTING*

BigNShredded

Banned
I'm a classical ectomorph that has outgrown his frame. I have a 29 inch waist, am 5"10, and weigh approximately 220lbs at around 7-8% bodyfat.

I've always maintained a high carbohydrate diet while cutting, using only low-glycemic sources such as oats, yams, whole grains and veggies. For the FIRST TIME EVER, I am going to attempt a lower carbohydrate dieting approach and am seeking some advice from those who have similar genetics as I do. I do not want to lose muscle mass, which is why I always maintain a high carb intake..

If the high carb approach is working why are you wanting to change it??

If your body likes to run on carbs then i would not cut them out , maybe do a carb cycling type diet.

Shelby has a couple books on this , that are very informative

If the high carb approach is working why are you wanting to change it??

If your body likes to run on carbs then i would not cut them out , maybe do a carb cycling type diet.

Shelby has a couple books on this , that are very informative

Good advice. Perhaps I should just experiment with adjusting my macronutrients and total calories week by week. Although my approach works, it may not be the best, so I was just hoping that someone with similar genetics has tried both ways and can compare.

your stats are unlike any ecto I have ever seen! 220 at 5-8% sounds very meso to me!

your stats are unlike any ecto I have ever seen! 220 at 5-8% sounds very meso to me!

5"10, 220lbs, 7-8%. It's taken me many years to get here. I am the epitome of ECTO, I was a stick all of my life and staying relatively lean year-round is no issue for me.

I played alot with my diet this past off season and found that i can eat more calories and feel better over all and put on muscle with pretty low carbs , high protein and moderate fats.

I'm going into my contest prep here shortly and im curently doing a 5 day keto style diet with a 2 day carb up but the carbs are only about 250 a day with isin't much for sombody 270-ish pounds but it seems to be working well.

If all else fails , hire a prep guy !!!

let them do the thinking.:p

At that weight and bf% you are a beast! A better physique than 99% of people. Why would you wanna cut up any further or change a routine that obviously works VERY well for you... that's if your stats are correct...

At that weight and bf% you are a beast! A better physique than 99% of people. Why would you wanna cut up any further or change a routine that obviously works VERY well for you... that's if your stats are correct...

Thank you. The main reason is that I have been on this type of diet for a long time now, I always eat clean, even when I am bulking. I just eat tons and tons of good clean cals. When cutting I just reduce calorie intake. It works, but I was intrigued by an alternate way..

Has anyone used the "Steak and Eggs" diet?

If your really a classic ecto you dont have much to worry about especially at your size and current BF keep everything the exact same IMO. Post up some pics as well

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131