over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High Cholesterol what should I take

UsmcOldSchoolMuscle

Registered
My cholesterol is high... I'm thinking to take Arjuna and Citrus Bergamot.

Any recommendations? What has proved helpful for you in the past?

Thanks in advance to all who contribute.

I take 20mgs Lipitor MWF. Been fantastic on my lipid profile. I was on Crestor for a short while but the muscle aches and lethargy was unbearable. Barely any sides with Lipitor for me other than some minor memory haze.

Lipitor. 3 to 4 days a week. Start with 3 times a week, start with 10mgs and see if that's enough, if not try the 20mgs. Your doc might have you do blood work 10 days after the Lipitor because in some people it causes muscle breakdown.

In one of my threads, Heavy Hitter recommended Rosuvastatin 5mg. I take it M-W-F.
It has dropped my Cholesterol 30pts, HDL went up 25pts, & LDL went down 35pts. This took about 4 weeks.
I'm not experiencing any joint pain.

In one of my threads, Heavy Hitter recommended Rosuvastatin 5mg. I take it M-W-F.
It has dropped my Cholesterol 30pts, HDL went up 25pts, & LDL went down 35pts. This took about 4 weeks.
I'm not experiencing any joint pain.

5mg Crestor 3 days a week raised your HDL 25 points in 4 weeks with no other changes in nutrition or lifestyle?

It's impossible to give you a good answer without knowing more details. Yes you could take x, y and z and that would be an easy fix but you have included no details. Your cholesterol is high? What is high? Can you post all your cholesterol markers. Are they always high? Have you had much blood work in the past? How old are you? Are you on cycle now? Any orals? Do you plan to go on multiple aas blasts in the future? What is your diet like? Do you do cardio? Any changes (diet, aas, medications etc) recently?

There are so many factors involved and it could be an easy fix. Include more info and we can better assist you. Your numbers could be a temporary issue due to changes in AAS and diet and/or you may just need a little boost so 1-2 supps and some cardio would help or you could be in need of something much stronger so all of the above plus medication.

As noted, we need a lot more info. It isn't right for everyone but due to family history, overall health paranoia, etc, I absolutely wanted my LDL to <70

Rosuvastatin (brand name crestor) at just 5mgs 2 days a week got me close. 5 mgs 3x a week crushed my ldl and gave me a big rise in HDL. Feel great, no issues at all. I fiddle f*&%ed around with all kinds of supplements but I couldn't crack this nut. Granted, an LDL goal of sub 70 is very aggressive.

Adding cardio and eating a lower calorie diet (<2500 calories/day) that was based around protein, healthy fats, and a lot of fiber did the best for me but I still could never get below 110 LDL. I also focused on olive oil, fish oil, berberine and do think that combo made a big difference + 18 to 20 hour daily fasts. All that got me to 110.

Citrus Bergamot is completely useless for me with impacting lipids. Literally does nothing for me.

Mine was also high
I stopped taking steroids.

I’m not a professional or making money doing this. I thought I’m literally putting myself in harms way for nothing.

Cut my protein intake in half
Fasted cardio everyday
Cardio post work out
Limited my red meat intake
Upped apple cider vinegar
Garlic supp
Fish oil
Good to go now

Atorvastatin 10 mg a day

These results are about 3 months apart. First labs I was completely off all gear. Second labs I was on TRT dosage for about 3 weeks.

Apr 14
TOT: 249
HDL: 75
LDL: 151

Jul 22
TOT: 164
HDL: 37
LDL: 106

After my first labs my doc wanted to put me on statins. I will NEVER go on statins. I told him I’d fix my cholesterol with diet and to retest me in 3 months. He couldn’t believe the results and asked me what I did to lower it so dramatically.

You won’t want to hear it, but I went almost completely vegan with occasional salmon and occasional whole eggs. I think I ate two hamburgers in the three months, no chicken, no pork (except the bacon on the hamburgers ;-)) I did not eat a bunch of salads and rabbit food type meals you might associate with vegans. Protein came from lentils, beans, tofu, plant based and pea protein powder, whey protein, fake eggs, seitan, tempeh.

I’m going to add more eggs in now and more whey protein because I don’t think they negatively affect my cholesterol levels and also work on bringing my HDL up and see how the numbers look in 3 more months.

These results are about 3 months apart. First labs I was completely off all gear. Second labs I was on TRT dosage for about 3 weeks.

Apr 14
TOT: 249
HDL: 75
LDL: 151

Jul 22
TOT: 164
HDL: 37
LDL: 106

What were your Trigs?

I'd say continue doing what you are doing through trial and error in your diet. Just to note, the blood lipid number ranges have changed a lot over the past 40 years making statins a huge profit maker. I watched the revelatino of the feaud over that time as research completely contradicted big pharma claims. I will never take a statin. It hampers ALL steroid synthesis at the HMG co-A synthase step. It doesn't just fuck your cholesterol synthesis. You don't have a statin deficiency. Most likely you are someone that should adjust diet and exercise to optimize health markers. On a side note, tamoxifen shifts blood lipids in a favorable ratio. I'm not saying to use it but just to note. It's been around for 50 years with a good safety profile.

Citrus Bergamot was useless for me too.

6g Omega ED
400-600mg ED Ubiquinol
1g Curcumin
1.2g NAC
750mg TUDCA
12.5mg TRT ED
Life Extension 2 per day Multi
Vitamin K2/D3

Has my lipids good.

Staff online

• LATS