over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High Cholesterol what should I take

I have read that about the brain. Which i think is about 60% fat. And half of that is omega 3's. And low levels of cholesterol are associated with higher over all mortality rates.
The study points to more then LDL being responsible for calcification. And that is my experience as well.

Bingo

I was absolutely stunned when I learned how pharmaceutical companies extrapolate and then represent (….misrepresent…) the mortality data to the public and Physicians on statins, as it relates to relative vs absolute risks.

For all of you with high LDL levels (I’m in this camp) focus on controlling systemic inflammation and insulin sensitivity levels. Your LDL levels are not only NOT the cause of atherosclerosis but (here we go) - good for you on so many fronts.

I’m done drinking the Big Pharma kool aid about elevated LDL being the cause of heart disease.
It’s not. At all.

I’m ApoE-4 and still not remotely concerned after educating myself like a mad man recently on the actual pathophysiology of atherosclerosis.

Here are some totally random cliff notes for any fellow ApoE-4 variant / polymophism having bros (due to increased CVD and Alzheimer’s risk)…..

-Fasting / Time restricted feeling is wise (Autophagy and mitophagy are already important for everyone but especially for us due to our dysfunctional lipoprotein activity that allow for amyloid beta accumulation)
-No seed oils (highly inflammatory)
-Lots of DHA from Fish-derived EFA’s (krill is best)
-Polyphenols are your friend (EVOO, black raspberries, blueberries)
-Ditch the sugars of any kind.
-Ketones are great not just for brain energy but they are highly powerful signaling pathways for all sorts of positive actions
-High protein, moderate fat, low carb is best for us
-Sleep is much more important for us than it already is for others. Being in deep sleep for adequate period initiates glymphatic system drainage of senescent cells and debris and even amyloid-beta plaques.
-Monounsaturated fats should be the focus
-I’m not anti-SFA’s at all; but some argue these can cause some insulin resistance (some claim these are neutral/benign or even beneficial, so this is my being uber conservative until a smoking gun study comes out).
-Exercise needs are even more pronounced for us.
-Know your HOMA-IR score (get a Kraft fasted insulin test). THIS assay is one of the most important pieces of info along w CRP (HS-CRP even better). The more metabolically healthy we are (which is largely determined by our fasted insulin levels) - the less concern for any of these issues sneaking up on us.
*Elevated LDL is only an issue when metabolically unhealthy (or when something is causing systemic inflammation).
-Get familiar w Dr Steven Gundry’s (Cardiologist) work related to lectins so you know which veggies to avoid to prevent high levels of inflammation via significant damage to the microbiome / gut etc
-Grass Fed and finished meats should be the focus. We are what we eat right (?) well these ruminant animals are too!
-Ditto fish - wild caught only
-Oxidized LDL’s are the problem! NOT LDL’s. Don’t get caught up in particle # or size of you have your Metabolic Health and inflammation in check!
-THE gold standard for knowing your CVD risk if your LDL’s are elevated and your doc wants to put you on a statin — demand a Carotid Artery Calcium Score AND even better, a CTA (CT scan - angiogram). These are ACTUAL proof of atherosclerosis / plaquing - not an LDL-c or LDL-p.
-Statins significant adversely affect brain health, blood sugar levels, immunity (increased cause of cancer), amongst other crap. Do your research before drinking the kool aid.

There are plenty of well respected Cardiologists preaching what I just shared above and using their own patient base of thousands of patients and 30+ years of direct observations to take such a position which is so antithetical to the lipid hypothesis and their fields.

Just a rant. I don’t claim to know it all - but felt compelled to share what I’ve learned in my OCD research.

^ Good Lord on the typos and messy post. Was at a gas station and tried to clean up post but ran out of time to edit.

Ps. One more rant …

Triglycerides (more specifically - the Tri/HDL ratio) are much more of a concern than LDL values.

Some think that low cholesterol is more of a problem. I like trying to get all sides covered before making a decision.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131