over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High Cholesterol what should I take

Show me the evidence that you state as fact. Then we can talk about the power of the study, the conflict of insterest of the authors, the clinical trial design and the statistical method they used to claim effectiveness over control population.
I tend to agree with you as wanting more info. The studies i seem to find show the average person on stains may live 3-6 months longer if they have cholesterol issues, or that it is not that beneficial for most but may extend some people for a few years but not help the rest of the study group. So the average for the whole group is small. The large studies i see for all cause mortality point to higher levels of cholesterol for long life.

I take 300 mg/day and have for well over 10 years. and i am not on a statin but i am older then most. I have been recommending 300mg/day to older people for years. If i ever go on a statin i am sure i will take a higher dose then i am. My understanding is that patients in Canada legally are warned about COQ10 being depleted by statins. I believe it is in the product warning label. Never heard about it being a requirement in the USA. As it could drive down sales, being told the drug could damage you and the pharmaceutical companies pushed back against the warning. Jusy bought Costco's brand 300 mg 100 caps $16
" Research suggests that coenzyme Q10 levels start to decline in the more important organs such as the heart around age 26 and in the skin around age 30. By around age 66, your overall CoQ10 production might be half of what it was at age 25. But of course, this all will vary from person to person."
I actually had my CoQ10 blood level tested (declines with age) when coming off of it and it was towards the lower end of the normal range, so I am definitely going to be taking it for the rest of my life.

I tend to agree with you as wanting more info. The studies i seem to find show the average person on stains may live 3-6 months longer if they have cholesterol issues, or that it is not that beneficial for most but may extend some people for a few years but not help the rest of the study group. So the average for the whole group is small. The large studies i see for all cause mortality point to higher levels of cholesterol for long life.
Apo B is one of the best predictors of cardiovascular disease. We want this number to be as low as possible. Statins lower that number significantly so that is the most likely mechanism as to why they work.

Now I would advise AGAINST an agressive dose of it. I only take 10mg of Simvastatin (5mg fine too). If someone wants added LDL or Apo B reduction, they should add Ezetimibe 10mg before increasing their dose of the statin. So a 10mg statin + 10mg Ezetimibe combo is ideal and superior to a higher dose statin. They actually have combination pills of the two you can take.

As with most things, the dose often makes the poison.

I agree with this. I was the same way!!

After having a zero calcium score but a CIMT that showed some plaque I started on Crestor 5mg 2x a week. I'm about 6 weeks in and will pull labs next week. I pulled out my natural cholesterol supplements except 10mg of Cardarine. I'm curious to see what my labs look like. I have about 15 years of pretty good data for bloods both on and off cycle so I should be able to see the effect of the statin.

As BB's we put "all this stuff" into our bodies but have traditionally been so "anti" statin. I do think if PED's are in play, then statins have their place. My main reason of adding them now is to stabilize the plaque that I have already accumulated. This is especially important if I want to continue to use PED's as I get older.

What side effects are you experiencing? Do you notice you are taking it? Looking forward to seeing the improvements in your blood work! good luck

What side effects are you experiencing? Do you notice you are taking it? Looking forward to seeing the improvements in your blood work! good luck

No side effects what so ever at the current dose. If my numbers don't come back where I like them, I'll either go to 5mg 3x/week or stay at 2x/week and add 10mg ED Ezetimibe.

Apo B is one of the best predictors of cardiovascular disease. We want this number to be as low as possible. Statins lower that number significantly so that is the most likely mechanism as to why they work.

Now I would advise AGAINST an agressive dose of it. I only take 10mg of Simvastatin (5mg fine too). If someone wants added LDL or Apo B reduction, they should add Ezetimibe 10mg before increasing their dose of the statin. So a 10mg statin + 10mg Ezetimibe combo is ideal and superior to a higher dose statin. They actually have combination pills of the two you can take.

As with most things, the dose often makes the poison.

Would you recommend someone to take Ezetimibe 10mg only without statin? or is Ezetimibe too weak?

Would you recommend someone to take Ezetimibe 10mg only without statin? or is Ezetimibe too weak?
You can take it without. I think it works better then the statin.

You can take it without. I think it works better then the statin.

Yes! It is very strong on its own. Lowered my Apo B and LDL a lot before adding a statin

Any cognitive side effects or muscles/joint aches with taking Ezetimibe 10mg only?

Have you made less muscle/strength gains in the gym since taking it?

Thank you so much for your responses!

OK....whoever the brother was that suggested supplementing with CoQ10, THANK YOU. I feel more energized and that "lethargic" feeling is not gone but much much better. I haven't introduced anything else to my supplementation. I'm taking 200mg split into morning/evening dose. Definately not placebo because I know how I felt prior to this. I'm prob. going to bump this to 300mg daily.....I'm on 20mg Crestor for reference.

OK....whoever the brother was that suggested supplementing with CoQ10, THANK YOU. I feel more energized and that "lethargic" feeling is not gone but much much better. I haven't introduced anything else to my supplementation. I'm taking 200mg split into morning/evening dose. Definately not placebo because I know how I felt prior to this. I'm prob. going to bump this to 300mg daily.....I'm on 20mg Crestor for reference.
Guys - this is an advanced board. Too many people are referring to CoQ10. Buy Ubiquinol if you can afford to whenever possible.

Any cognitive side effects or muscles/joint aches with taking Ezetimibe 10mg only?

Have you made less muscle/strength gains in the gym since taking it?

Thank you so much for your responses!
Not at all. No sides for me.

I'm the same weight/strength before and after taking it. It should have no effect on that.

I actually had my CoQ10 blood level tested (declines with age) when coming off of it and it was towards the lower end of the normal range, so I am definitely going to be taking it for the rest of my life.

I am not trying to derail but are we still supposed to be using Ubiquinol vs coQ10?
Thanks

After a recent open heart surgery I was prescribed eliquis...$1800 for a 3 months supply!...so I ordered from India...$150 which included shipping...
Never knew how outrageous prices are in USA, until I moved from there. Turkey has great prices too. They were billing my health insurance for a 30 day supply (30 pills) $700 for Benicar 40 mg. Crazy, huh?

I am not trying to derail but are we still supposed to be using Ubiquinol vs coQ10?
Thanks
Ubiquinol is more bioavailable but you can get around that but doubling the dose of CoQ10 so it basically becomes the same thing at a 2:1 ratio

Got my labs back since I started my micro dosing Crestor experiment (5mg 2x/week).

Unfortunately my labs aren't any better (actually worse) than when I was running all of my natural cholesterol support supps ( RYR, beta sisterol, panthetine, krill, fish oil, etc).

I am planning on continuing the experiment but going to 5mg 3x a week. If that doesn't get LDL to 70 or lower I am going to add the 10mg/day of Ezetimibe.

I will keep everyone posted on the results in another month or 2.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear