LDL - 134

After:
Chol - 180
Trigs - 76
HDL - 65
LDL - 100

Didn't change diet and don't do cardio.
I believe this

Anyone have experience with Repatha injections? Got prescribed Crestor (haven’t taken yet) but thinking of switching to a non statin alternative.

Zetia is the worst drug I have ever taken and that is saying something. Some people use it and experience no side effects but please Google user reviews because nightmare stories are very common. It can help some (especially when used with a statin) and as you stated it's been known to reduce total cholesterol by approx 15% when used alone. However, I do urge people to use it with caution and I think there are much better alternatives out there so I would recommend against it and it's not often I state that.
Interesting, I'm aware of the reviews, however there's not many that get it prescribed in isolation. All statins for me cause obvious reduction in muscle recovery within a week and significant strength loss. Zetia no problems what so ever. Just my personal experience of course. What are you considering to be better options?

Anyone have experience with Repatha injections? Got prescribed Crestor (haven’t taken yet) but thinking of switching to a non statin alternative.
Repatha looks like the real deal but it's expensive and not easy to get from what I understand

It sounds like you know what you need to do and have taken steps to do that so now it will just take time and consistency. Are you taking any pain meds? The herbal supplements should help and just make sure your diet does the same. I would recommend including healthy fats, greens, fruits, vegetables and fibre. Increase your cardio over time, stay hydrated and avoid oral AAS and with all those changes your blood markers will improve very quickly.
Thanks for the pointers Elvia as well as sharing words of wisdom across this board.

I am not taking any pain meds. It's becoming tiresome constantly enduring chronic pain but I will see how physical therapy and other treatments like Botox injections in my back as well as chiropractic and acupuncture will help with the pain before I request to be prescribed pain medications again.

Cardio is very good. I noticed a difference in my numbers improving by adding cardio at 130-150 HR for 40 mins 4-5x per week.

Results are in. I changed nothing other than I switched from Lipitor to Crestor.

Lipitor: Total cholesterol 158. Triglycerides 86. HDL 53. LDL 89. VLDL 16.
Crestor: Total cholesterol 145. Triglycerides 58. HDL 48. LDL 85. VLDL 12.

At best it is a push. I do have a bit more lethargy on Crestor. But it actually LOWERED my HDL which is disappointing.

I am going BACK to lipitor simply because I am so lethargic since switching to Crestor, all I want to do is nap. And I feel weaker in the gym. Thought it was mental, but after todays workout, I know it has to be a side effect of Crestor.

Results are in. I changed nothing other than I switched from Lipitor to Crestor.

At best it is a push. I do have a bit more lethargy on Crestor. But it actually LOWERED my HDL which is disappointing.

I am going BACK to lipitor simply because I am so lethargic since switching to Crestor, all I want to do is nap. And I feel weaker in the gym. Thought it was mental, but after todays workout, I know it has to be a side effect of Crestor.

I'd say those numbers are pretty solid.

What about tossing in some Ezetimibe and/or Vascepa and dropping the statin dosage a bit?

I'd say those numbers are pretty solid.

What about tossing in some Ezetimibe and/or Vascepa and dropping the statin dosage a bit?
Yeah the Crestor kicked my ass.... I became a slug. Lethargy was unbelievable. I upped my TRT dose and got weaker. Going back to Lipitor. Had no energy issues with that.

Anyone else have any updates on Rosuvastatin(crestor) or Ezetimibe? Is it really side effect free?

Anyone else have any updates on Rosuvastatin(crestor) or Ezetimibe? Is it really side effect free?
No drug is side-effect free. I've never had an issue w/ statins, some get hit hard.
My suggestion for anyone on gear where it badly affects their lipids is to get some Red Yeast Rice (from another country) that has Monacolin-k in it.
Monacolin-k is natural/fermented "lovastatin" the original stuff the FDA stole to monopolize statins. Used in Asia for millions of years.
Where they have very little heart-disease. (Or had).

Some other countries are now being forced to lower their doses for some reason (10 mg is very mellow). so they are making the capsules 2.9 mg and giving you 3-times the amount.
(9 mg). Take 3 before bed. Or one with 3-meals, etc.

I bought from here many times:

I don't have any side effects on 10 mg of Ezetimibe. Best cholesterol numbers for me when taking it.

Very interesting...because I'm extremely lethargic like almost constantly, I wonder if it's because I switched to from Lipitor to Crestor? Is that a known side effect of Crestor is lethargy? Appreciate it.

Very interesting...because I'm extremely lethargic like almost constantly, I wonder if it's because I switched to from Lipitor to Crestor? Is that a known side effect of Crestor is lethargy? Appreciate it.

I am not sure if there is any science behind it....but anecdotally, Crestor turned me into a slug. Went back to lipitor and I am back to my old self....more like a sloth which, although not speedy, a sloth is much faster than a slug ;-)

I don't have any side effects on 10 mg of Ezetimibe. Best cholesterol numbers for me when taking it.
I've got some ezetimibe but haven't used it. How does it compare with statins for you?
I won't take statins after poor lipitor experiences many years ago.

I've got some ezetimibe but haven't used it. How does it compare with statins for you?
I won't take statins after poor lipitor experiences many years ago.
The best one so far. Although I really didn't get side effects from Lipitar. I just thought it wasn't working well as it should.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws