over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High CPK levels came back in bloodwork

miamipro

Registered
Hey guys wondering anyone with some experience I was in the ER yesterday , i went to my dr for usual blood work etc..as I have been cramping more than normal past few weeks even with consuming over a gallon water a day, did ekg and urine test and had high concentration (about 100) in urine so sent me to the ER for blood work.
EKG showed some abnormalities like enlarged left ventricle which is not abnormal for a bodybuilder or most athletes. They were most worried with my CPK level of 1100. Norm is around 200. Every nurse came to lecture me on steroid use and handed my wife a panflet on steroid use. Onviously it concerns me, I was in beginning of prep for nationals which I am now backing out of to let my body fully rest. I also separated my AC join last week and my shoulder has been in a lot of pain. I was wondering if that had anything to do with the rise in CPK possibly. Their concern was my kidneys my creatine was a 1.2 they called it acute kidney failure but not severe enough where it can regenerate themself with proper rest.
Is this high CPK normal for most bodybuilders? is the Gear the cause? Can GH have any relation to it as ive been on all year round with GH since last years USAs.
Any input would help I apreciate it. Health comes first And i do not mind the rest as much as it does upset me in having to back out of this show.
Thank you

Last edited:
1.2 creatinine is nothing.
Mine have always been 1.3-1.6 and this is with a perfectly healthy body.
Did you work out recently?

I did Monday night. These were taking yesterday (Wednesday) morning.

I did Monday night. These were taking yesterday (Wednesday) morning.

Describe your workout, volume, sets, forced reps, etc. 2000ish CPK the day after training is pretty normal, but yours are higher than they should be for 48 hours later. I suspect massive overtraining.

CPK itself isn't bad, but levels that high usually indicated that myoglobin levels are also high, and that could damage the kidneys.

Last edited:
It wasn't super heavy bc I'm tending a inflamed ac joint that I believe I separated. The elevated CPK and protein in urine is what worried them me to get bloods. I have been cramping more often than usual which is what sent me into get checked in the first place. Is cramping a symptom of high CPK. I did legs Sunday and couldn't get half way thru bc my hams kept cramping so badly. My water intake is over a gallon. My electrolytes all came back fine.

It wasn't super heavy bc I'm tending a inflamed ac joint that I believe I separated. The elevated CPK and protein in urine is what worried them me to get bloods. I have been cramping more often than usual which is what sent me into get checked in the first place. Is cramping a symptom of high CPK. I did legs Sunday and couldn't get half way thru bc my hams kept cramping so badly. My water intake is over a gallon. My electrolytes all came back fine.

Again I think it's myoglobin, which shows up as protein in the urine on a test strip.

Again I think it's myoglobin, which shows up as protein in the urine on a test strip.

Would myoglobin be reason for me cramping more than normal as well? Any way to decrease this or is basic rest from training / gear the answer ?

Rest more.
Years ago I did a lot of test strips on my self and found protein and blood after super hard workouts (high volume and VERY heavy weights).
I also was admitted to the hospital once with excessive muscle breakdown and needed drips and all sorts over night to get back to normal.

Your Creatinine level is fine. This means your kidneys are working normally. Ignore the ER comments about acute renal failure.

Your CPK level is elevated from muscle breakdown. CPK is an enzyme in muscle that is released when muscle tissue gets damaged.

Rhabdomyolysis is the medical term if you want to google it. Myoglobin released from damaged muscle tissue clogs the kidneys and causes them to fail. Again, your creatinine level is normal so don't worry about this.

A heavy workout and lots of cardio will cause more muscle damage and increase your CPK levels. Cramping itself should also increase CPK levels. People who run marathons often have elevated CPK levels.

I have lots of cramping when I am on Tren or Masteron. I get cramps in my forearms, biceps, and abdomen. It got to the point that whenever I had an orgasm my abdomen would cramp so intensely that I could not move from the pain for like two minutes. Once I stopped using those steroids everything went back to normal.

Your Creatinine level is fine. This means your kidneys are working normally. Ignore the ER comments about acute renal failure.

Your CPK level is elevated from muscle breakdown. CPK is an enzyme in muscle that is released when muscle tissue gets damaged.

Rhabdomyolysis is the medical term if you want to google it. Myoglobin released from damaged muscle tissue clogs the kidneys and causes them to fail. Again, your creatinine level is normal so don't worry about this.

A heavy workout and lots of cardio will cause more muscle damage and increase your CPK levels. Cramping itself should also increase CPK levels. People who run marathons often have elevated CPK levels.

I have lots of cramping when I am on Tren or Masteron. I get cramps in my forearms, biceps, and abdomen. It got to the point that whenever I had an orgasm my abdomen would cramp so intensely that I could not move from the pain for like two minutes. Once I stopped using those steroids everything went back to normal.

***SORRY SOMEHOW GOT THIS THREAD MIXED UP WITH A 3200 CPK VALUE, 1100 is totally normal for training! Below is moot, but I'll leave it out of interested to others with higher levels.***

Myoglobin levels are directly correlated with CPK in most cases. Sure marathon runners get high CPK values, in the 1K range usually. A really brutal leg day might put you close to 2k or even a little over. But 3k is really high, if you read the studies on rhabdomyolysis you will see that myoglobin would definitely be very high with these CPK numbers. Plus he has protein in the urine, which if done with a dipstick (usually) then that is probably myoglobin. Creatinine levels would start to become extremely elevated until the kindeys shut down completely (or almost completely).

This is total broscience, but it is my educated theory that chronically elevated myoglobin levels are responsible for the majority of kindey stress in bodybuilders.

Last edited:
Myoglobin levels are directly correlated with CPK in most cases. Plus he has protein in the urine, which if done with a dipstick (usually) then that is probably myoglobin.

This is total broscience, but it is my educated theory that chronically elevated myoglobin levels are responsible for the majority of kindey stress in bodybuilders.

I agree with your broscience. It makes sense that chronically elevated myoglobin levels could stress the kidneys and lead to chronically elevated creatinine levels. Very nice.

I had a CPK number of 8000 a few years ago. I went to my BP doctor for a check up (he is also a renal speciaist) and called me the next day freaking me out, he was going to send me to the hospital and asked if I had a heart attack or took muscle wasting drugs. I was confused as he saw how big I was and off I went to get another blood work done which dropped a little. I went home and started googling this and read that in marathon runners it can get up to 60000 and spiked because of my heavy workouts. When I went to the doc visit the following week and mentioned this to him he seemed like it was now no big deal and that was indeed the case but sent me for a biopsy which came back ok. I would worry too much about this number.

I had a CPK number of 8000 a few years ago. I went home and started googling this and read that in marathon runners it can get up to 60000 and spiked because of my heavy workouts. When I went to the doc visit the following week and mentioned this to him he seemed like it was now no big deal and that was indeed the case but sent me for a biopsy which came back ok.

Sending you for a muscle biopsy for a CPK of 8000 is ridiculous.

I believe the muscle biopsy is a painful procedure is it not?

Smack your doctor in the head next time you see him.

I see dumb shit like this everyday at work with doctors ordering unnecessary tests.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear