over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High Dose Fish Oil

Any reason why the liquid is better than pills or just a preference? Carlsons' has pills too
I don't think it's a better starting oil (in terms of a raw). It's just with capsules you have to take more to get the same amount, liquid is more cost efficient & tastes fine (not fishy at all), less chance of degradation due to heat sealing of the gel caps in manufacturing, less chance of degradation/rancidity due to age because the liquid turns over quicker due to shorter recommended shelf life. If you're doing a higher dose protocol of fish oil, it just makes sense.

Carlsons is the choice of champions. Ask The Rock. [emoji16]

Last edited:
Charles really came out with some whacky nutrition advice for a long time. He made the high fish oil regimine sound like the second coming of Christ, then he rightfully got shot down for it.. His strength had always been in the training realm. Seems like he is trying to justify his madness now years later.
Did the same with mega high dose Vit C (IV) and now we're seeing too much antioxidant can become pro-oxidant and also interfere with the muscle adaption response.

He's lost some credibility in recent years.

I'm personally coming to the conclusion that super high dosages of antioxidants and even fish oil are mistakes. I reduced my fish oil intake from a higher dose and added in krill too. Still overall lower combined omega 3 than I was taking before.

https://chriskresser.com/when-it-comes-to-fish-oil-more-is-not-better/

Last edited:
Did the same with mega high dose Vit C (IV) and now we're seeing too much antioxidant can become pro-oxidant and also interfere with the muscle adaption response.

He's lost some credibility in recent years.

I'm personally coming to the conclusion that super high dosages of antioxidants and even fish oil are mistakes. I reduced my fish oil intake from a higher dose and added in krill too. Still overall lower combined omega 3 than I was taking before.

https://chriskresser.com/when-it-comes-to-fish-oil-more-is-not-better/

Well here is a conflicting article

Beyond Heart Health More Reasons to Take Fish Oil - Life Extension

The issue I take with the negative fish oil studies are that they never tell us which form of fish oil was used, or dose, or anything. Unless they have and I missed it, I don't know how seriously I can take them without them mentioning those things.

I don't think it's a better starting oil (in terms of a raw). It's just with capsules you have to take more to get the same amount, liquid is more cost efficient & tastes fine (not fishy at all), less chance of degradation due to heat sealing of the gel caps in manufacturing, less chance of degradation/rancidity due to age because the liquid turns over quicker due to shorter recommended shelf life. If you're doing a higher dose protocol of fish oil, it just makes sense.

Carlsons is the choice of champions. Ask The Rock. [emoji16]

Where do you get your Carlsons oil? I've been getting a DHA enhanced fish oil for a while off Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MXG1G2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Well here is a conflicting article

Beyond Heart Health More Reasons to Take Fish Oil - Life Extension

The issue I take with the negative fish oil studies are that they never tell us which form of fish oil was used, or dose, or anything. Unless they have and I missed it, I don't know how seriously I can take them without them mentioning those things.

Advances In Fish Oil Purity and Potency | Life Extension Magazine

Dose they recommend is 2400mg of Omega 3s in EPA/DHA

Advances In Fish Oil Purity and Potency | Life Extension Magazine

Dose they recommend is 2400mg of Omega 3s in EPA/DHA
I'm a proponent of fish oil, definitely. I'm just not so certain taking huge amounts of it is as good for us as we may have once thought. At times, the recommended amounts got way high. We're learning, as we have with overusing antioxidants. So I continue to try and follow the evolution of that understanding. Kresser was an interesting perspective. I don't feel the verdict is out by any means. But it's worth noting/sharing for those of you on another level of understanding who may want a counter narrative to: "X is good, so more is better."

The dose you reference doesn't seem excessive to me.

Last edited:
I'm a proponent of fish oil, definitely. I'm just not so certain taking huge amounts of it is as good for us as we may have once thought. At times, the recommended amounts got way high. We're learning, as we have with overusing antioxidants. So I continue to try and follow the evolution of that understanding. Kresser was an interesting perspective. I don't feel the verdict is out by any means. But it's worth noting/sharing for those of you on another level of understanding who may want a counter narrative to: "X is good, so more is better."

I totally agree. There was also that recent study I posted about the EPA/DHA ratio needing to be 1:1. So much conflicting evidence due to the fact there are hundreds of fish oil brands and most manufacturers don't know how to dose it properly. The words "fish oil" mean absolutely nothing without knowing the omega 3 content of EPA/DHA.

The difference in the message between that life extension article and that kresser article is startling, and both are citing a ton of different studies :banghead:

Around 10 years ago or so, I took 20 fish oil capsules per day of whatever Costco was selling for cheap. Around three weeks in I noticed that a wart on my finger had started turning black. Around the end of the fourth week it was gone. Then, I remembered a large wart that had been on my foot for many years. The doctor said that it needed to be cut out (too big too freeze), so I just accepted having it since it would have required me to miss some work. Anyway, after the hand wart disappeared, I looked and the foot wart was completely gone.

I had heard something about fish oil boosting the immune system, so I attributed the disappearing warts to that boost. But, it also made me think it was not such a good idea to use such a high dose on a long-term basis, so I dropped it back down to 2 or 3 per day. I haven't had a wart since to experiment again, so I don't know if it was a crazy coincidence or what.

I've been taking 4-5 grams a day of high-quality fish oil for over a decade now, and have seen great benefits from using them, to reduce inflammation and keep my cholesterol under control. I've used higher doses at times, but didn't see any particular benefits, and of course if you do go higher it does makes your stools a bit runny and oily, as other people have noted. 4-5 grams and a balanced ratio of EPA to DHA seems to be best for me.

I've been using testosterone and other steroids for 26 years now, and I just had a physical and blood work on Wednesday. Total cholesterol 164 (down from 180 a couple years ago), triglycerides 63, HDL 55, cholesterol/HDL ratio 2.98, PSA 0.58 ng/ml. My blood glucose was a little high at 97 mg/dl, but I attribute that to being on 2-3iu of HGH every day. Not bad for a guy on test and HGH who eats 6 eggs for breakfast every morning, along with plenty of red meat. And high cholesterol runs on both sides of my family, both my father and mother had heart attacks and heart bypass operations. So I have to believe the fish oils, staying lean, and daily exercise have played a big part in keeping me healthy despite all the drugs I have taken over the decades.

Any reason why the liquid is better than pills or just a preference? Carlsons' has pills too

Yes, the Liquid is 1,600 Mg per Teaspoon, which was Higher than the Pills.
Until recently when they came out with Maximum Omega 2000 ~ 2,000 Mg in Total Omega 3 ~ 1,250 EPA and 500 Mg DHA.

The Liquid is 1,600 Mg in Total ~ 800 Mg EPA and 500 Mg DHA.

The Liquid gives you 100 Servings for around $36.
The Omega 2,000 Caps gives you 45 Servings for around $34.............. JP

Yes, the Liquid is 1,600 Mg per Teaspoon, which was Higher than the Pills.
Until recently when they came out with Maximum Omega 2000 ~ 2,000 Mg in Total Omega 3 ~ 1,250 EPA and 500 Mg DHA.

The Liquid is 1,600 Mg in Total ~ 800 Mg EPA and 500 Mg DHA.

The Liquid gives you 100 Servings for around $36.
The Omega 2,000 Caps gives you 45 Servings for around $34.............. JP

In addition, liquid is much easier to tolerate compared to the caps or softgels.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws