over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High Dose Fish Oil

1234trew

Registered
Charles Poliquin was pushing this hard about ten years ago. Saying take 20 to 30 grams of fish oil per day.

I remember giving it a run for about a month with some positive benefits (better skin), but didn't run any blood work or record anything meaningful.

Does anyone still run big dosages? And if so what benefits are you seeing?

I dont have blood work to show any benefits but i was taking 25 grams a day for about a year. I honestly diddnt notice any positives and it literally made me leak oil out of my ass lol

Recently watched CP on London reel interview. Mentioned the fish oil megadose was a temporary protocol for those looking to get their lipids in order followed by body comp. then going down to lower dosages for maintenance.

I dont have blood work to show any benefits but i was taking 25 grams a day for about a year. I honestly diddnt notice any positives and it literally made me leak oil out of my ass lol

Ewwwwww.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Charles Poliquin was pushing this hard about ten years ago. Saying take 20 to 30 grams of fish oil per day.

I remember giving it a run for about a month with some positive benefits (better skin), but didn't run any blood work or record anything meaningful.

Does anyone still run big dosages? And if so what benefits are you seeing?

Another protocol he had was 15gms fish oil for two weeks followed by 5gms daily afterwards.

I would advise against it. Theres studies showing that most fishoils als already oxidized when sold and oxidized fats have the reverse effects we want. Knowledgable nutrition experts recommend to only take small doses or even no fish oil at all.

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L09 mit Tapatalk

Knowledgable experts are recommending no fish? Please explain?

I would advise against it. Theres studies showing that most fishoils als already oxidized when sold and oxidized fats have the reverse effects we want. Knowledgable nutrition experts recommend to only take small doses or even no fish oil at all.

From what I understand, 3-5g per day is needed for the cholesterol improvement benefits and its far better than taking none at all in comparable studies.

Where have you heard this?

Poliquin advised chewing up a capsule and tasting the liquid. Said if it tasted nasty it was oxidized?

Poliquin advised chewing up a capsule and tasting the liquid. Said if it tasted nasty it was oxidized?
How about skip that retarded fucking procedure and buy Carlsons liquid fish oil - probably the best on the market. It's not even in a capsule. It's got a light lemon taste and no fishy taste. 1 serving equates to like 6+ crappy capsules...

There is reason so many trainers and industry people recommend Carlsons liquid.

Even though we're eating fish oil here, your fish oil shouldn't taste like fish or smell. If so, its rancid.

How about skip that retarded fucking procedure and buy Carlsons liquid fish oil - probably the best on the market. It's not even in a capsule. It's got a light lemon taste and no fishy taste. 1 serving equates to like 6+ crappy capsules...

Carlsons liquid fish oil is solid. I have been using it for years.

I am refering for example to Chris Kresser.

https://chriskresser.com/should-you-really-be-taking-fish-oil/

He recommends eating cold water fish instead of the oils.

Didn't read the article but I would agree if you can eat something like wild caught Atlantic salmon that is great and preferable over capsules, especially if you're unsure of the quality. Having said that, most people aren't eating like that and there are a lot of questionable practices with how most salmon are raised and sold.

LMAO, once again man, ur post made me LOL. :yeahthat::yeahthat:

Carlson's is what I've been using since the 80's.
Before I had my Double Hip Replacement.
I regularly used 6 to 10 Grams a Day for Inflammation, and it worked.

Hard to find better quality for the price, as it's Filtered for Lead/Cadmium/Mercury/PCB's and 28 other Contaminants................ JP
P.S.
I've Never had it repeat when taken with a Meal.

Any reason why the liquid is better than pills or just a preference? Carlsons' has pills too

Charles really came out with some whacky nutrition advice for a long time. He made the high fish oil regimine sound like the second coming of Christ, then he rightfully got shot down for it.. His strength had always been in the training realm. Seems like he is trying to justify his madness now years later.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws