over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

high estradiol levels

warlock

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hi,

I got blood work done and my estradiol levels came out to 91.4. The normal range goes up to 75. I am only taking 140mg of test a week. Prior to that I was taking 200mg of test a week. No cycles for the past 6 months or so.

Anyone can help me figure out if I should use an antiestrogen and if so, what a good starting dose could be? Should I use arimidex or aromasin?

Any input would be great. :)

Thank you very much

The reactivity of how well a AI works is subjective to how well our liver metabolizes the drug. With that said; certain drugs, whether be a OTC or Rx in certain situations can either induce or inhibit the action of said drug combination. Drug interaction.

One example would be. Taking Aromasin around the same time as actphetamine (Tylenol) or St.John's wort. As both actphetamine and St.John's wort is a inducer of the hepatic enzyme Cyp3A4. In other words this would speed the metabolism of Aromasin up lowering the active life of the drug. Therefore, elevated estradiol levels.

This is only one of many examples of how the efficacy of the liver's ability too metabolize a drug. And in general, the rate our liver metabolizes something →slowly, normal or fast. Keep in mind, there's hundreds of causes of dysfunctional hepatic drug clearance. Under normal circumstances, hepatic clearance results from hepatic metabolism and biliary excretion and is a function of the hepatic blood flow, the drug plasma protein binding and the activity of liver enzymes and transporters.

Variations of liver enzymes (aforementioned example Cyp3A4) activity mainly affects the hepatic intrinsic clearance. This is the main source of interindividual variation of hepatic clearance. Hence slowly, normal and fast.

If I was in your situation, I would take .25mg (quarter tab) of armidex E3D.

Last edited:
The reactivity of how well a AI works is subjective to how well our liver metabolizes the drug. With that said; certain drugs, whether be a OTC or Rx in certain situations can either induce or inhibit the action of said drug combination. Drug interaction.

One example would be. Taking Aromasin around the same time as actphetamine (Tylenol) or St.John's wort. As both actphetamine and St.John's wort is a inducer of the hepatic enzyme Cyp3A4. In other words this would speed the metabolism of Aromasin up lowering the active life of the drug. Therefore, elevated estradiol levels.

This is only one of many examples of how the efficacy of the liver's ability too metabolize a drug. And in general, the rate our liver metabolizes something →slowly, normal or fast. Keep in mind, there's hundreds of causes of dysfunctional hepatic drug clearance. Under normal circumstances, hepatic clearance results from hepatic metabolism and biliary excretion and is a function of the hepatic blood flow, the drug plasma protein binding and the activity of liver enzymes and transporters.

Variations of liver enzymes (aforementioned example Cyp3A4) activity mainly affects the hepatic intrinsic clearance. This is the main source of interindividual variation of hepatic clearance. Hence slowly, normal and fast.

If I was in your situation, I would take .25mg (quarter tab) of armidex E3D.

Thank you Stewie for your detailed answer. We always learn from your posts. They are very informative.

Do you know, how long it might take with that dose of arimidex to work? In other words, if following that dose, how long after would you retest levels? And once estradiol levels are within range, is it neccesary to keep running arimidex if the test dose remains the same?

Thank you very much :)

In a perfect environment, we could expect your estradiol levels to drop 1/4 to a 1/3 with each dose of armidex. And then level out, as there's a constant feed of testosterone from your TRT. Obviously, this is only a speculation. As I'm basing this from my personal accounts. So, you and I may metabolize XYZ at the same rate, or you may be a hypo/hypermetabolizer. There are so many variables when it comes to hormones. It's almost impossible to predict the reaction of said hormone, as all of our hormones are intertwined.

Example: A shift in your thyroid hormones can shift estrogens ←→ and vise versa. Testosterone is the major player in the biosynthesis of estrogens. Yet, our liver determines how effectively estrogens are cleared from our body. Uncontrolled sleep apnea as well as melatonin deficiency or excess can also be a factor in how hormones can shift negatively. Or dysfunctional.

As a note: there's 6 potential metabolic pathways before testosterone metabolizes to estradiol. I've posted a biosynthesis chart recently in another thread.

I would probably retest after 3 weeks and see where your estradiol levels are.

Last edited:
In a perfect environment, we could expect your estradiol levels to drop 1/4 to a 1/3 with each dose of armidex. And then level out, as there's a constant feed of testosterone from your TRT. Obviously, this is only a speculation. As I'm basing this from my personal accounts. So, you and I may metabolize XYZ at the same rate, or you may be a hypo/hypermetabolizer. There are so many variables when it comes to hormones. It's almost impossible to predict the reaction of said hormone, as all of our hormones are intertwined.

Example: A shift in your thyroid hormones can shift estrogens ←→ and vise versa. Testosterone is the major player in the biosynthesis of estrogens. Yet, our liver determines how effectively estrogens are cleared from our body. Uncontrolled sleep apnea as well as melatonin deficiency or excess can also be a factor in how hormones can shift negatively. Or dysfunctional.

As a note: there's 6 potential metabolic pathways before testosterone metabolizes to estradiol. I've posted a biosynthesis chart recently in another thread.

I would probably retest after 3 weeks and see where your estradiol levels are.

Thanks Stewie. That makes sense that each person is different and there is no magic formula to determine how much the estradiol levels may drop.

Now, once your estradiol levels are in check while running the TRT, would it be necessary to keep running the arimidex? :)

Would you be able to link to the thread? Thanks in advance!

It's really individualized. I personally like to use the least amount of an AI as possible.

Once that you have retested your estradiol levels in a few weeks, this should give you an idea if you are within a physiological (normal) range.

AI's have their place in male hormone modulation. At the same time I believe they are over-used.

Thanks Stewie. That makes sense that each person is different and there is no magic formula to determine how much the estradiol levels may drop.

Now, once your estradiol levels are in check while running the TRT, would it be necessary to keep running the arimidex? :)

It's really individualized. I personally like to use the least amount of an AI as possible.

Once that you have retested your estradiol levels in a few weeks, this should give you an idea if you are within a physiological (normal) range.

AI's have their place in male hormone modulation. At the same time I believe they are over-used.

Stewie, thanks.

So, is it possible that once you levels get in range, you can stop using the antiestrogen and keep the levels in that range?

You will most likely need to maintain our AI to keep your estrogen under control. Some need it others don't.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear