over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

high fasted blood sugar

thaigerthai

Registered
usually take one scoop of amino energy then hit cardio (30minutes) in the early AM. the amino energy has at most 50mg of caffeine .

decided to take my blood sugar about 30 minutes after i completed cardio before any food whatsoever, it was 176.

i don't take slin anymore, in fact the last time i touched it was probably 7 months ago.

is this something to be worried about?
thanks all

are there any carbs in the amino energy?

did you retest your FBS?

if no carbs, and yes retested (and got similar result), I would say that this could be cause for concern...

when did you last eat the night before?

and what other supplements are you using?

usually take one scoop of amino energy then hit cardio (30minutes) in the early AM. the amino energy has at most 50mg of caffeine .

decided to take my blood sugar about 30 minutes after i completed cardio before any food whatsoever, it was 176.

i don't take slin anymore, in fact the last time i touched it was probably 7 months ago.

is this something to be worried about?
thanks all

you can answer another question by taking your blood sugar reading upon waking up. if it's high, yes you should be worried.

like little slice said check nutrition label for carbs. also it seems like i read a long time ago L-leucine can raise blood sugar level, but i may be mistaken. and 176 is a pretty high level to have after 30 minutes of cardio.

Last edited:
Sounds like you're insulin resistant, nice setup for type 2. Suggest you fix it.

are there any carbs in the amino energy?

did you retest your FBS?

if no carbs, and yes retested (and got similar result), I would say that this could be cause for concern...

when did you last eat the night before?

and what other supplements are you using?

Sorry for the late response guys, been busy today. thank you everyone for the responses.

I didn't retest it today, as i will do the same tomorrow morning and see where we are at.
Amino energy supplement has 1gram of carb and 5 calories

i tend to eat my 6th meal around 10-11pm then wake at 7-8am.
haven't been on GH or peps for about 3 months.

my supplementation for the past three months is 300mg of eq(per week)/100mg of mast eod/test e 400 . proviron 50mg per day.
one time per week on my cheat days i take metformin

i did donate blood the day before but that was at 1pm and i don't think a high fasted glucose level would have anything to do with that..

Last edited:
Try going on a keto diet and see what happens. Also make sure you get your A1C tested next time you get bloods. I'd consider metformin

Try going on a keto diet and see what happens. Also make sure you get your A1C tested next time you get bloods. I'd consider metformin

Something good to think about. Never got into the research about keto dieting. Although for the past 7 months i have been working with a coach that has me on set meals. Will make sure i get the A1C tested next time thanks for that..Would you recommend 500mg of metformin everyday for this case?
-
If it matters at all in the past when i took slin with metformin, i would never sweat or go hypo. This is just my theory that i was possibly insulin resistant then at 13% BF . Even though blood glucose stayed in check while on.
Now i am 9% BF .

I study endocrinology, and would adivise to check your levels fasted upon rising for a few days. If they are high each time , go see a doctor ! Don't fuck around with diabetes , don't self prescribe metformin thinking it reverses it.

What's the intensity of your cardio? HIIT type of cardio will transiently alter several hormones, and increase glucose levels up to 20-30 minutes post fasted cardio.

For curiosity sake. Are you taking any Rx meds such as Prednisone, Metoprolol, Modafinil, ect, ect.

I study endocrinology, and would adivise to check your levels fasted upon rising for a few days. If they are high each time , go see a doctor ! Don't fuck around with diabetes , don't self prescribe metformin thinking it reverses it.

Well my grandfather had diabetes but he ate terribly. Overweight slightly
my mother seemed to disagree that i have pre diabetes, but i will check my levels for the next few days.

What's the intensity of your cardio? HIIT type of cardio will transiently alter several hormones, and increase glucose levels up to 20-30 minutes post fasted cardio.

For curiosity sake. Are you taking any Rx meds such as Prednisone, Metoprolol, Modafinil, ect, ect.

for the time being i have to work with a treadmill 7% incline 3.2 mph or 5.1kmh for 30 minutes.

i do take 1 10mg valium every other day. Take adex prescription @ 1mg everyday as well for about 3 months now too. Lorsartan 50mg everyday for blood pressure. I don't take any other prescription medications though. Although i take a slew of herbs and such.

Last edited:
Read an article recently that actually mentioned people on Keto/reduced carb diets having higher fasted blood glucose levels than their counterparts .

Preparation and method of checking your glucose can give false highs. Such as squeezing your fingertip too hard. As can your test strips stored in an area with high heat, dehydration, fingertip contaminated with sugar, anemia; in contrast polycythemia--increased hematocrit will show a marginal decrease in glucose levels.

Not that this may directly apply to you. Moreso an FYI.

Read an article recently that actually mentioned people on Keto/reduced carb diets having higher fasted blood glucose levels than their counterparts .

How is that possible?

Preparation and method of checking your glucose can give false highs. Such as squeezing your fingertip too hard. As can your test strips stored in an area with high heat, dehydration, fingertip contaminated with sugar, anemia; in contrast polycythemia--increased hematocrit will show a marginal decrease in glucose levels.

Not that this may directly apply to you. Moreso an FYI.

Interesting to keep in mind. Thank you for these tidbits.
Well, the glucose monitor has been stored in about 78-79 degree weather inside my apartment because my landlord is in the process to fix the ac . So, its always hot in here. I did test my blood sugar again 2 hours after my 4th meal and it was 96, although this doesn't mean much in terms of anything. i'll be sure to keep you updated how it goes tomorrow morning

well i just checked it upon waking and it was 98. Although i didn't do any fasted cardio and/or take bcaa's this time. Could have been a false reading due to some of the ingredients in the Amino Energy possibly?

well i just checked it upon waking and it was 98. Although i didn't do any fasted cardio and/or take bcaa's this time. Could have been a false reading due to some of the ingredients in the Amino Energy possibly?

im going to go with false reading..

although 98 is not particularly great in and of itself.

Yea 98 is still pretty high for fasted. I wouldnt use metformin though...shitty drug IMO. I'd go with berberine and benfotiamine with HIIT a few times a week and cut carbs down and put them around your workout...wouldn't cut them completely though

Wow! not what i expected to hear.
I'll keep you guys posted how my next few morning readings go

I've tried berberine before and i always get vertigo/nausea/diarrhea . been a fan of metformin but i won't be taking anything for the next 3 days or so until i get this under control.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws