over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High Frequency Training That Works

RazorCuts

Registered
High Frequency Training That Works
C.S. Sloan

Most of you know that I have long been a proponent of high-frequency training. While I don't think that it has to be performed all the time—and there are certainly other ways to train—I do think that it's one of the more effective forms of training. For instance, I would say that a properly designed high-frequency training program is more effective than a properly designed one-bodypart-per-week routine—at least, for most lifters.

The key words here are properly designed. What follows are some keys—in no certain order—to allow you to properly design your own workout program based on your needs, goals, and your level of strength/fitness:

You cannot combine high-volume with high-frequency... at least, at first. If you want to embark on a high-frequency training program, keep your sets per bodypart relatively low until you are able to build up your work capacity.

At first, stick with a whole-body program. You can't go wrong with a Bill Starr-style heavy-light-medium program to start things off right.

Perform between 30 and 50 reps per bodypart three times per week.
If you are solely interested in gaining muscle mass, then 5 sets of 10 reps is a good set/rep combination.

If you are interested in a combination of size and strength, perform multiple sets of low reps. 10 sets of 3 is a standby that cannot be beat.

If you decide upon a 10 sets of 3 program, use a weight where you reach failure on the 6th repetition.

As you get more advanced, you can start adding back-off sets for more volume. For instance, you could start off with 10 sets of 3, then add 2 back-off sets of 8 reps with a lower weight.

Once you adapt to high-frequency training, incorporate heavy singles into your program. These are a must if you want to get as strong as possible.
As you get more advanced, you can also begin to add extra sessions. These should be light—nothing too taxing— and can be performed on your "off" days.

Once you become advanced, you can start splitting your bodyparts, training half of them on one day, and half on the next. This, of course, also means training 5 to 6 days per week, but if you have the time, it can be highly effective.

And, finally, the best piece of advice I (or anyone else) can give you: be creative and have fun. Training should be enjoyable—even when it's hard. If you're not enjoying your workouts, then something's wrong. (And this goes for all kinds of training.)

now all the people who started their routine last week and said it wasnt working are about to hammer you with questions.:D

Do not think this routine would work for the natty, or someone who is currently off cycle.
I currently do
bis back legs m and th
chest tris shoulder tu and fri
I do 5 sets each workout of back legs chest and 3 sets a workout of others. This does not include 1-2 sets of warm up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity