over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High Frequency Training

Heavy progressive resistance builds muscles. I'm not saying chins, dips, etc don't build muscle but eventually you need to be adding weight. With that said I once did some Arthur Jones style full body workouts mon/wed/fri and put on some good size so I think frequency works but you need a barbell.

Last edited:
Or weighted pull ups and dips. Still leaves out legs

High frequency training is awesome, if your talking about each bodypart 2 or 3 times a week. The trick is to balance the volume so you can recover in time for your next training session. As long as there is progressive overload on the muscle and low enough volume it makes the most sence to me. So far though, Ive only ever seen 2 people solve that balance issue. Phil Hernon has my favorite program followed closely by DC. Best results I ever had was from listening to Phil.

It's about volume/intensity vs recovery time. We made gains in the 70's training a bodypart 3 x a week. When we got serious we were training 6 days a week, twice a day. Gotta eat and gotta rest. Being young didn't hurt either.

I would like to mix power lifting training and body building. I know lots already do it. And 70s training and arnold earea was a lot like that

Last edited:
High frequency training is awesome, if your talking about each bodypart 2 or 3 times a week. The trick is to balance the volume so you can recover in time for your next training session. As long as there is progressive overload on the muscle and low enough volume it makes the most sence to me. So far though, Ive only ever seen 2 people solve that balance issue. Phil Hernon has my favorite program followed closely by DC. Best results I ever had was from listening to Phil.

It sounds similar to DC.

It sounds similar to DC.

If you look at Phil's program it does share similarities to DC in theory. In application however theyre vastly different. I dont think many people can argue that what Dante prescribes doesnt work. Bottom line is its extremely well thought out for practical application, and pretty much anyone who follows it to the letter for a good amount of time gets just fantastic results.

Phil's program makes more sense to me. its simply personal preference. Id never knock Dante in any way, I have huge respect for the man and his training methodologies so thats in no way a shot at Dante. When you study Phil's training methods theyre sublime in their efficacy, simplicity, and structure. theres no need ever for any type of deload phase. Its constant non stop progression that includes a diet that does not force feed but creates an environment where your body craves more food. You end up eating massive amounts of food and never force feeding. It's really brilliant, and when I first hired Phil I didnt believe what he was telling me could work.

Phil took me from 175 to 220 or so at 5'7" in a short amount of time and made it easy. and just to get this out of the way now, there were no massive doses of anything. I was on 250 mg a week of test E. That wasnt Phil's advice but it honestly never came up. If you create an environment for growth you will grow to your genetic limit. I'm almost sad that I wasnt on 2 grams of something at the time. I cant imagine the possible results.

Bottom line Phils program is my favorite one. I dont want to sound like I'm kissing ass here but when I find something I believe in, in bodybuilding or otherwise, I back it.

I don't like that routine for a number of reasons...For someone who's new to training though, it likely will deliver some noticeable gains fast, but the results will be short lived...

RE higher frequency training: its absolutely the best way to train. The more times you expose your muscles to a stress it hasn't adapted/grown to handle in say the space of a month, the faster it will be growing. I tried 3x a week frequency for a while and it works, your body can cope without 'overtraining' - approx 48 hours after you train a muscle its ready to go again...however, MENTALLY i found i wasn't, at the level of intensity i have to train at to grow now it was too much...and id end up not giving it my all....so i backed down to 2x a week per bodypart and this works much better for me...the fact my frequency is reduced is negated by the fact my intensity is higher in each workout now so i get more from each session.

If you look at Phil's program it does share similarities to DC in theory. In application however theyre vastly different. I dont think many people can argue that what Dante prescribes doesnt work. Bottom line is its extremely well thought out for practical application, and pretty much anyone who follows it to the letter for a good amount of time gets just fantastic results.

Phil's program makes more sense to me. its simply personal preference. Id never knock Dante in any way, I have huge respect for the man and his training methodologies so thats in no way a shot at Dante. When you study Phil's training methods theyre sublime in their efficacy, simplicity, and structure. theres no need ever for any type of deload phase. Its constant non stop progression that includes a diet that does not force feed but creates an environment where your body craves more food. You end up eating massive amounts of food and never force feeding. It's really brilliant, and when I first hired Phil I didnt believe what he was telling me could work.

Phil took me from 175 to 220 or so at 5'7" in a short amount of time and made it easy. and just to get this out of the way now, there were no massive doses of anything. I was on 250 mg a week of test E. That wasnt Phil's advice but it honestly never came up. If you create an environment for growth you will grow to your genetic limit. I'm almost sad that I wasnt on 2 grams of something at the time. I cant imagine the possible results.

Bottom line Phils program is my favorite one. I dont want to sound like I'm kissing ass here but when I find something I believe in, in bodybuilding or otherwise, I back it.

Is phil's training program listed somewhere or was that just for you because you hired phil...

I can see this program working very well for someone that just began lifting or someone that has had a very long lay off from lifting and wants to ease back into it.
It would be interesting to see someone advanced try it with weight added to the two exercises. I like to experiment with different training methods and enjoy changing the way I train from time to time. I may consider this with added weight after I am finished with my current strength based routine.
What I will usually do is a strength program like 5/3/1 or rest paused type training until I get to a period where you would want to take a break or deload. At that point I sometimes switch to very high volume, high rep, low weight routine with low/zero rest between sets. It gives my body and joints a break, makes my training more aerobic, and I believe it helps with some hypertrophy before going back to a more strength based routine.

This method here might be something to try in between strength programs, might give it a go in a few weeks. It's only 3 weeks, can't hurt to try.

I think its a good change of pace especially if you are feeling taxed from higher volume programs.

What frequency gave you the best results, 2 or 3 times per week?

I prefer hitting everything twice a week, obviously the correct volume needs to be used when doing this

Twice a week for the most part, Really should start hitting legs a bit more often though....Huge weakness for me.

How many sets are you doing when training a bodypart twice a week and when training three times a week ? Is there a difference ?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear