YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High Fructose corn syrup is not like sugar...

there is actually a push from the industry to change the name from HFCS to corn sugar

all I know is I have read study after study that simply put always ends with "fructose is the sugar most easily converted to bodyfat"... I would never advocate not eating fruit alltogether, but I would never make it a staple in my diet.

gee whiz the commercials I see on tv say that its no difference than cane sugar...I know that if its on TV it has to be true!

makes you kind of wonder why they are shoveling that shit down our throats I'm sure its in our own interest....

Holy crud! This is caustic stuff and will destroy your health. Google the Ex-FDA chief, who left due to his strong opinion against this chemically manipulated substance. This is not fructose. It is not corn sugar. HFCS increases insulin resistance, has been directly implicated in skyrocketing rates of childhood obesity and type 2 diabetes. BAAAAAD.

Fructose can only be handled by the liver in levels of about 30 grams per serving (1 peice of fruit), and after that it is directed metabolically to be stored as fat. It does have a low glycemic index compared to glucose and sucrose, but moderate use is very healthy.

Fruit

I have started training under Phil for about 1.5 months now. Fruits and vegetables are my main carb source at every meal. No grains. I was skeptical at first, but turned a blind eye and followed what i was told. Zero, fat gain, leaner and stronger every week.

Guys that train with Phil will back me up on this.

if i'm not mistaken the fructose in fruit is not the same as HFCS.

Fruit

I train under Phil and use fruit and some veggies as only carb sources

Everybody is different...eating alot of fruits during pre-contest may work for some, for others it may be destroying your potential... thats why its not a "science" 2+2 does not always equal 4. you have to find what works best for you. I am sure Phil is a great at what he does, but if he is the only guy you have ever used to prep, how do you know its the best option for you? Don't get me wrong, some of you may have used others and he is the best for you... but like I originally said, everyone is different. And as a previous poster stated, Studies have shown anything over 30g of fructose at a time can be instantly metabolized to fat. Does this mean it works like this for everyone? no,everyone is different...but just food for thought, especially newbies who take other peoples word as if it were god himself.

that being said, yes phil is in GREAT SHAPE.

I have started training under Phil for about 1.5 months now. Fruits and vegetables are my main carb source at every meal. No grains. I was skeptical at first, but turned a blind eye and followed what i was told. Zero, fat gain, leaner and stronger every week.

were you eating the same amount of total calories before you switched to phils diet?

kinda funny when u find out about th truth when someone r company is pushing stuff/food/drug on you, what would most here say if they found th truth about whey protein lol check into it truly toxic a fact.and what about bb in prison tht eat bad/junk/cheap food but still able to gain weight n b cut at times think on tht one lol. be safe be smart

if i'm not mistaken the fructose in fruit is not the same as HFCS.
It is actually a combination of glucose and fructose. The problem lies in the fact that corn has naturally has an undesireable ratio of omega 3 to omega 6. That is why grass fed beef and chicken (mountaindog diet) are something to consider. This country processes corn for sugar (HFCS) feeds its animals (which we eat) corn-all because it is cheaper to put HFCS in our soda, bread, yogurt etc and cheaper to feed our animals corn than grass. Ultimately consuming large amounts of corn through these avenues are very bad for your health.

You guys may want to read the debate Lustig had with Alan Aragon. I'll takes Alan's stance personally, but to each their own:)

Be sure to read the comments below the article, as that is where the debates occur:

**broken link removed**

A retrospective of the fructose alarmism debate. | Alan Aragon's Blog

BMJ

I do like that fact that they at least pointed out most people will take a study to a "extreme" to achieve the desired results they want. Of course I could make a study showing coffee is good for your or bad for you...bad for you if I made you drink 200 cups a day, and good for you for the minute positive effects caffeine can have on you in low doses.... most studies are skewed, depending on who's paying for them.

Everybody is different...eating alot of fruits during pre-contest may work for some, for others it may be destroying your potential... thats why its not a "science" 2+2 does not always equal 4. you have to find what works best for you. I am sure Phil is a great at what he does, but if he is the only guy you have ever used to prep, how do you know its the best option for you? Don't get me wrong, some of you may have used others and he is the best for you... but like I originally said, everyone is different. And as a previous poster stated, Studies have shown anything over 30g of fructose at a time can be instantly metabolized to fat. Does this mean it works like this for everyone? no,everyone is different...but just food for thought, especially newbies who take other peoples word as if it were god himself.

that being said, yes phil is in GREAT SHAPE.

Not trying to say that Phil's diet or that Fruit as ones main carb source is the end all be all for fat loss and muscle building.

Personally, Having someone guild me along the way instead of shooting in the dark from reading online, has worked out well and is still working out for the better.

The beauty of Phil's regime is that it is extremely customizable and evolves with you.

Sorry if I offended anyone

You guys may want to read the debate Lustig had with Alan Aragon. I'll takes Alan's stance personally, but to each their own:)

Be sure to read the comments below the article, as that is where the debates occur:

**broken link removed**

A retrospective of the fructose alarmism debate. | Alan Aragon's Blog

BMJ

Thank you for posting these follow ups.. The problem with HFCS is its addictive nature.. Or sugar for that matter.. Forget studies.. I see real world application everyday.. I myself have to restrain myself from sugar binges.. Besides its addictive nature, its the availability.. HFCS based drinks are all over the place.. I see fat kids washing down their lunch with gatorade (HFCS sweetened beverage). HFCS is cheap and it is laced in numerous beverages and foods throughout supermarkets, restaurants, and cafeterias. If it's available and in our faces, then we are going to consume it.. Especially if it tastes good.. Our addictions are drawn to it.. And most Americans have about zero will power.. So overconsumption is inevitable.. The same applies for any processed carbohydrate for that matter..

The solution is simple.. Go back to our roots.. Live off the land.. Go back to a highly saturated diet of healthy wild rumnant animals.. But there is no government profit in these ways.. So we will never see it..

Common misconception...

all I know is I have read study after study that simply put always ends with "fructose is the sugar most easily converted to bodyfat"... I would never advocate not eating fruit alltogether, but I would never make it a staple in my diet.

Holy crud! This is caustic stuff and will destroy your health. Google the Ex-FDA chief, who left due to his strong opinion against this chemically manipulated substance. This is not fructose. It is not corn sugar. HFCS increases insulin resistance, has been directly implicated in skyrocketing rates of childhood obesity and type 2 diabetes. BAAAAAD.

Fructose can only be handled by the liver in levels of about 30 grams per serving (1 peice of fruit), and after that it is directed metabolically to be stored as fat. It does have a low glycemic index compared to glucose and sucrose, but moderate use is very healthy.

I used to think this too actually, my impression was fruit was strictly fructose only and avoided it like the plague, so believe me, I know where you are coming from. If you check out this site it gives you a good break down of the different carb's in fruit... Nutrition facts, calories in food, labels, nutritional information and analysis – NutritionData.com

Here is one "medium" sized apple...
Carbohydrates
Amounts Per Selected Serving%DV
Total Carbohydrate25.1g8%
Dietary Fiber4.4g17%
Starch0.1g
Sugars 18.9g
Sucrose 3768mg
Glucose 4423mg
Fructose 110738mg
Lactose0.0mg
Maltose0.0mg
Galactose0.0mg

Read More Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Apples, raw, with skin [Includes USDA commodity food A343]

I train under Phil and use fruit and some veggies as only carb sources

YEP :D

I love reading the post on this board and think you guys are very funny. It never gets old reading about stuff like HFCS is so bad for you but all the other stuff most on here do is not. I would be willing to bet that most of the guys who are dedicated and committed will not make it to retirement age, but the average joe who does consume HFCS will. That doesn't mean I am putting anyone down because I am not, It just seems no one ever talks about what all pros and joes take to enhance their bodies never has a downside. Everything you consume has an effect and those who think it won't are just kidding thereselves. I wish some older guys would post about things that have happened and what they would have done different. A lot of young kids frequent this board and they do deserve the truth. Please flame away.

I love reading the post on this board and think you guys are very funny. It never gets old reading about stuff like HFCS is so bad for you but all the other stuff most on here do is not. I would be willing to bet that most of the guys who are dedicated and committed will not make it to retirement age, but the average joe who does consume HFCS will. That doesn't mean I am putting anyone down because I am not, It just seems no one ever talks about what all pros and joes take to enhance their bodies never has a downside. Everything you consume has an effect and those who think it won't are just kidding thereselves. I wish some older guys would post about things that have happened and what they would have done different. A lot of young kids frequent this board and they do deserve the truth. Please flame away.

There plenty of threads on this board that many members have taken the time to do exactly what you are asking. No one on this board has ever said that taking aas is not bad for you This particular thread deals with something that has very important dietary implications for everyone.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws