over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High Fructose Corn Syrup Vs Corn Syrup

Lene28

Registered
I never eat anything with HFCS but wasn't sure if corn syrup was just as bad. Post workout I like to eat cereal; I typically eat Rice Krispies or chex with a little sugary cereal added for flavor. It seems like all the best sugar cereals have HFCS or Corn syrup. Thoughts?

I never eat anything with HFCS but wasn't sure if corn syrup was just as bad. Post workout I like to eat cereal; I typically eat Rice Krispies or chex with a little sugary cereal added for flavor. It seems like all the best sugar cereals have HFCS or Corn syrup. Thoughts?

I would stay away from anything made out of corn.

Kellogs Raisin Bran has brown sugar syrup listed. That may be jargon for some other poison. Processed cereal is almost purely processed carbs that digest quickly and no minimal fat to slow the absorption.

Read: http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...corn-syrup-renamed-after-public-backlash.html

John Meadows stated in a Muscle and Fitness article about Mountain Dog Diet that he used to eat Fruity Pebbles.(this was a while back and doubt that he still consumes large amounts of any sugar cereal) He says don't get skim milk, get full fat and at least non-homegenized. (You can even get Omege 3 enriched milk these days in the grocery.)

Looking at John chapter 3 he states "The nice thing about cereal pwo is that you can hammer quite a bit of carbs easily."

How about some raw honey? Got to remember any of that glucose not used right away as energy is stored as fat for later.

This information is not intended to treat or diagnose health issues and is for entertainment purposes only.

Attachments

• Star Trek Cereal Mr. Spock.jpg
    Star Trek Cereal Mr. Spock.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 178
Kellogs Raisin Bran has brown sugar syrup listed. That may be jargon for some other poison. Processed cereal is almost purely processed carbs that digest quickly and no minimal fat to slow the absorption.

Read: http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...corn-syrup-renamed-after-public-backlash.html

John Meadows stated in a Muscle and Fitness article about Mountain Dog Diet that he used to eat Fruity Pebbles.(this was a while back and doubt that he still consumes large amounts of any sugar cereal) He says don't get skim milk, get full fat and at least non-homegenized. (You can even get Omege 3 enriched milk these days in the grocery.)

Looking at John chapter 3 he states "The nice thing about cereal pwo is that you can hammer quite a bit of carbs easily."

How about some raw honey? Got to remember any of that glucose not used right away as energy is stored as fat for later.

This information is not intended to treat or diagnose health issues and is for entertainment purposes only.

I drink about 3/4 - 1 cup raw milk with my cereal. I actually used to do Rice Krispies and or gluten free chex with raw honey. I guess I'll go back to that; I was just looking for variety. The reason I eat cereal is what you stated above; I can eat 75-100g or carbs and then I'm ready to eat an hour later. If I ate that much rice I would get bloated and stay full for a while.

I eat half a box of rice krisbies post workout with whey protein,water and cinnamon. Never held me back when cutting in the slightest. I avoid all hfcs at other times though. Do rice krisbies contain corn syrup? Post workout I think the body will deal with just about anything so long as you train damn hard

Corn syrup isn't fructose but I wouldn't start popping the champagne yet... it's still a poor carb choice but it's not fructose if that helps put you at ease.

Also no matter how hard you workout and deplete your muscles, you will never have a positive impact on fructose since it never ever goes to the muscles. It will go to your liver first. If you fasted for a while then your liver can hold a lot more fructose than normal otherwise too much fructose goes to fat storage.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Corn syrup isn't fructose but I wouldn't start popping the champagne yet... it's still a poor carb choice but it's not fructose if that helps put you at ease.

Also no matter how hard you workout and deplete your muscles, you will never have a positive impact on fructose since it never ever goes to the muscles. It will go to your liver first. If you fasted for a while then your liver can hold a lot more fructose than normal otherwise too much fructose goes to fat storage.

Hit the nail on the head. There is not one biological process in y he human body that require fructose.

Im kinda thinking the liver should be a little depleted as I train carbles and the increased metabolic rate post workout should help deal with it. It's about 250 sugar I take in post workout but the box does not say what type of sugar. I use rice snaps which are a cheap store equivalent of rice krisbies but can't find out the type of sugar. Im guessing 25 g post workout shouldn't be a big deal but I am taking in 220 carbs one hit. Might swap them out for boiled potatoes in the future and see if there's a difference. Trouble is I've got to eat 4 tins to match the carbs haha. I'm taking in about 18g fructose per day from banana and what ever is in a decent size apple. I think there's a big difference in how your body handles it from fruit though. I only say this as I seen to able to eat bananas with impunity, not because I fully understand the scuence

Last edited:
Im kinda thinking the liver should be a little depleted as I train carbles and the increased metabolic rate post workout should help deal with it. It's about 250 sugar I take in post workout but the box does not say what type of sugar. I use rice snaps which are a cheap store equivalent of rice krisbies but can't find out the type of sugar. Im guessing 25 g post workout shouldn't be a big deal but I am taking in 220 carbs one hit. Might swap them out for boiled potatoes in the future and see if there's a difference. Trouble is I've got to eat 4 tins to match the carbs haha. I'm taking in about 18g fructose per day from banana and what ever is in a decent size apple. I think there's a big difference in how your body handles it from fruit though. I only say this as I seen to able to eat bananas with impunity, not because I fully understand the scuence

Because of pasts posts of yours I see you handle carbs well. So who knows what if any problems fructose will give you.

But yeah I'm guessing if you really go hard in the gym you are getting depleted.
. I just havent looked at the science of what % of glycogen from muscles vs liver is being utilized during a balls to wall workout session.

I do eat fruit once in a while and if it's say 15gms of sugar I'm assuming it's 100% fructose even though it's not. So I play it safe and don't consume a lot when I do have it.

The only time I purposely consume fructose is during a ketogenic diet the morning of the depletion workout prop to the carb up. The theory was to kick yourself out of ketosis for a bit by getting fructose in the liver then hit the weights and fully deplete the crap out of your muscles prior to starting the carb up. But who knows if it's backed by legit science but works good for me.

Your liver converts fructose from fruit into glucose, so don`t stop eating fresh fruits.

Your liver converts fructose from fruit into glucose, so don`t stop eating fresh fruits.

Id never stop eating fruit as i seem immune to getting ill with lots of bananas. Good to hear you say this though. Why is it that fructose from fruit gets converted to glucose? I've always assumed that fibre in fruit slowed down the absorbtion so it wasn't an issue but the more I read about fructose the more complex the subject becomes. I know from experiance fruit is no issue fir me though. I just avoid all processed foods exept my rice krisbies post work out and seems to work fine

Because of pasts posts of yours I see you handle carbs well. So who knows what if any problems fructose will give you.

But yeah I'm guessing if you really go hard in the gym you are getting depleted.
. I just havent looked at the science of what % of glycogen from muscles vs liver is being utilized during a balls to wall workout session.

I do eat fruit once in a while and if it's say 15gms of sugar I'm assuming it's 100% fructose even though it's not. So I play it safe and don't consume a lot when I do have it.

The only time I purposely consume fructose is during a ketogenic diet the morning of the depletion workout prop to the carb up. The theory was to kick yourself out of ketosis for a bit by getting fructose in the liver then hit the weights and fully deplete the crap out of your muscles prior to starting the carb up. But who knows if it's backed by legit science but works good for me.

I get depleted rediculously easy. If I drop carbs to 400 for 5 days im like a pancake. I deplete just going to bed and sleeping. Fuck knows where my glycogen goes. I think that's why I can eat so many carbs as there's always somewhere for them to go. Post workout today I did 220 carbs with 15iu humalog then 80g carbs from rice an hour latter, then another 80 an hour later and another 80 an hour later. Veined up rediculously, filled out a bit. Havnt eaten for a little over 2 hours and shrinking down again lol. Only got another 2 meals to go.

...you read about six of one and half dozen of the other on fruit fructose and i am in the "it's great for you" category. just don't make a pig of yourself on anything.

"fiber. whole foods. non processed" ...i whisper as i walk the grocery isles.

once i accidentally said out loud "big butt, little boobs" ...but i'm sure she didn't hear me.

This information not intended to diagnose or treat health issues. satire and humor not intended to hurt anyone's feelings

I love fresh fruits! I'm gonna use the cereal with corn syrup post workout only if I'm having a big craving. Otherwise it will be Rice Krispies/chex with raw unfiltered honey

stay away from corn. cant even begin to state the reasons why. there are a billion..................................
-JS

stay away from corn. cant even begin to state the reasons why. there are a billion..................................
-JS

I totally get the whole corn oil/syrup giving corn a bad name and stay away from them myself. But do you mean all corn?

I am a big fan of polenta and switch between it and jasmine rice pretty consistently. Both polenta/grits & rice/cream of rice digest very similarly for me and seem to do the same from a metabolism standpoint.

I totally get the whole corn oil/syrup giving corn a bad name and stay away from them myself. But do you mean all corn?

I am a big fan of polenta and switch between it and jasmine rice pretty consistently. Both polenta/grits & rice/cream of rice digest very similarly for me and seem to do the same from a metabolism standpoint.

All in moderation.

I would go back to rice crispys with some honey and stay away from anything made of corn syrup or HFCS.

You have what it takes, but it will take all you got.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear