over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High haemoglobin

Red Cross now allows Hemoglobin to be up to 20 and you can still donate. It’s absurd that they would never let someone with high hemoglobin donate in the first place as that is extra beneficial to people who need blood. I think the reason why they recently increased it is because of so many people doing therapeutic blood draws on testosterone replacement therapy and they are realizing that the “reference range” is not the most reliable source. Most oldschool doctors I’ve gone to think a hemoglobin of 17 is high and scary where newer and more knowledgeable doctors realize 17 is not high at all.

Last edited:
Red Cross now allows Hemoglobin to be up to 20 and you can still donate. It’s absurd that they would never let someone with high hemoglobin donate in the first place as that is extra beneficial to people who need blood. I think the reason why they recently increased it is because of so many people doing therapeutic blood draws on testosterone replacement therapy and they are realizing that the “reference range” is not the most reliable source. Most oldschool doctors I’ve gone to think a hemoglobin of 17 is high and scary where newer and more knowledgeable doctors realize 17 is not high at all.

Well, they were trying to be safe in making the people see their doctor for screening because a hemoglobin of 20 is not natural and indicates some kind of physiological problem. Rather than just doing a phlebotomy and bringing the hemoglobin down, they would rather have the patient seek help and get the cause of the problem addressed.

When you are the person with the high hemoglobin it can be very frustrating though, I know because I was there.

I think another problem with the phlebotomies tanking ferritin is taking out 500ml is too much at once. I think 200-250ml a few times a year is much safer and should have minimal impact on iron levels. Plus it gives the body a better chance to restore iron faster as 500ml can deplete iron for up to six months in some people before returning to baseline. You can always say you’re feeling nauseous halfway through your phlebotomy so you don’t have to have the whole 500 mL taken out.

Central Blood Bank will take you at 20 also. Anything higher (I've been 21 and they make a phone call to the boss for direction)

Well, they were trying to be safe in making the people see their doctor for screening because a hemoglobin of 20 is not natural and indicates some kind of physiological problem. Rather than just doing a phlebotomy and bringing the hemoglobin down, they would rather have the patient seek help and get the cause of the problem addressed.

When you are the person with the high hemoglobin it can be very frustrating though, I know because I was there.

I got turned down once too. It's a very embarrassing moment because you already KNOW it is going to be high but the person who checked your blood is still trying to give you a lecture about it. Beyond annoying when someone is telling you what you already know better than they do.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131