over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High haemoglobin

bigdog123

Banned
Mine was recently 18, 8 weeks post cycle.

All other blood results were fine.

So I'm happy they are all fine, lipids, blood pressure, liver, kidneys Tec but need to lower red blood cells.

What's the crack with giving blood if you take aas?

Just do it or do you go to a clinic to have it done?

How often do you need to give blood to keep the haemoglobin in range if mine is 18, 8 weeks post cycle?

Bad thing is that yours was probably higher than 18 since that is 2 months out. I wouldn't doubt if yours was 19.5 or so at the end of the cycle. That is high.

Give as much as you can, they will tell you how often they will allow you to give. I think it is once every 3 months. When you go in they will test your hemoglobin and if it isn't too low they will take it as long as you haven't been in during the past 3 months.

I tried to do it a long time ago and they refused me because my hemoglobin was too high. Mine was about 20 or so. They made me go see a doctor. 18 I think is about the ceiling for what they allow so you might be ok.

You will probably have to fill out a questionnaire too. They will ask you if you ever used steroids and youll have to lie on that.

If you see your doctor he can order a phlebotomy if it is too high and no time constraints there. Best way to do it IMO, safest. Hell test it often if need be. Just have to hope that the doctor will work with you. SOme just tell you to stop taking steroids.

Last edited:
If you've never given blood before and hemo is that high, I would definitely donate just to be safe. After one or two donations I would strongly urge you to get blood work and check iron/ferritin. Many of us will deplete of that prior to hemo coming down significantly. The strange thing is, once you're tapped out of iron and ferritin, the hemo will start to lower on its own (at least in my experience).

The strange thing is, once you're tapped out of iron and ferritin, the hemo will start to lower on its own (at least in my experience).

For me too. It took me more than a year to get mine down low enough, but once I did things got a lot better. I was having to get a phlebotomy done once a month for nearly 2 years. Once iron got down enough it became less frequent. Now at most I will get it done 4x per year. Lately its been about 3x a year.

I donate blood all the time and Hemoglobin at 18, they will not let you donate.

You should donate every 3 months or so, that's the standard.

You won't be able to donate with over 17, iirc.

Be super hydrated the day before and the day of, and it will help get that number down. I've had to go back the next day a few times because I was 17+ the first day, went and super hydrated, and was easily in the range the next day.

Was only Hemoglobin elevated, or also Hematocrit and MCV?

A lot of people mix up Hematocrit, Hemoglobin, and RBC count. Here is a good explanation:

A hematocrit is a test that measures the proportion of a person's blood that is made up of red blood cells (RBCs). Blood consists of RBCs, white blood cells (WBCs), and platelets suspended in a fluid portion called plasma. The hematocrit is a ratio of the volume of red blood cells to the volume of all these components together, called whole blood. The value is expressed as a percentage or fraction. For example, a hematocrit value of 40% means that there are 40 milliliters of red blood cells in 100 milliliters of blood.

The hematocrit is a fairly quick and simple way of evaluating a person's red blood cells and checking for conditions such as anemia. It is often performed in conjunction with a hemoglobin level and is also one component of the complete blood count (CBC), a test that is often used in the general evaluation of a person's health.

RBCs are produced in the bone marrow and are released into the bloodstream when they are, or nearly are, mature. They typically make up roughly 37% to 49% of the volume of blood. RBCs contain hemoglobin, a protein that binds to oxygen. The primary function of RBCs is to carry oxygen from the lungs to the tissues and organs of the body. They also transport a small portion of carbon dioxide, a byproduct of cell metabolism, from tissues and organs back to the lungs, where it is expelled.

The typical lifespan of an RBC is 120 days and the bone marrow must continually produce new RBCs to replace those that age and degrade or are lost through bleeding. A number of conditions can affect either the production of new RBCs by the bone marrow or the lifespan of those in circulation or that result in significant bleeding.

The hematocrit reflects both the number of red blood cells and their volume (mean corpuscular volume or MCV). If the size of the RBCs decreases, so will the hematocrit and vice versa. In general, the hematocrit will rise when the number of red blood cells increases and the hematocrit will fall to less than normal when there is a drop in production of RBCs by the bone marrow, an increase in the destruction of RBCs, or if blood is lost due to bleeding. If the bone marrow is not able to produce new RBCs fast enough, then the overall number of RBCs and hematocrit will drop, resulting in anemia.

In anemia, the body does not have the capacity to deliver enough oxygen to tissues and organs, causing fatigue and weakness. In polycythemia, too many RBCs are produced (resulting in increased hematocrit) and the blood can become thickened, causing sluggish blood flow and related problems.
https://labtestsonline.org/tests/hematocrit

Mild hijack;

At what point is giving blood counter productive? I understand if bloods too thick youre risking heart health, but as an athlete; high hemo/iron/rbc is an athletic adaptation, is it not?

I got sick and tired of dealing with the blood bank, and getting my doctor to write a blood draw script. I have been doing it my self at home for about two years now. I have mastered it,fast and no marks left on my arm. Takes some practice at first. Pull the plunger out of a 3 ml syringe,put on 1 inch 18 g needle. With the hole of the needle facing up so you can see where exactly you are, insert into the exact same vein they use,,and let it pour. I have a large bowel measured one pint line,takes me 15 min. Sitting in chair leaning over slightly, Be hydrated. Worse thing that could happen is you pass out with it in your arm and bleed out. So you must have no fear of needles or blood,, i love doing it,i feel better immediately. Blood letting. They have done it for centuries.

Mild hijack;

At what point is giving blood counter productive? I understand if bloods too thick youre risking heart health, but as an athlete; high hemo/iron/rbc is an athletic adaptation, is it not?

Once your ferritin gets too low from too many donations, that's when it becomes counter productive.

You should donate every 3 months or so, that's the standard.

You won't be able to donate with over 17, iirc.

Be super hydrated the day before and the day of, and it will help get that number down. I've had to go back the next day a few times because I was 17+ the first day, went and super hydrated, and was easily in the range the next day.

The blood donation center where I go allows up to 18.

Mild hijack;

I believe there was a few people that were doing self phlebotomy too often have had strokes

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The ideal is to make erythroheresis, a machine that takes away part of the red blood cells from just the blood. If your doctor can prescribe it would be the best thing to do. I did it personally and it's fantastic!

The ideal is to make erythroheresis, a machine that takes away part of the red blood cells from just the blood. If your doctor can prescribe it would be the best thing to do. I did it personally and it's fantastic!

So a power red ?

blood-donations/power-red-donation.html

Sure you do it to often you will feel like shit. I take out a pint 3 times a year.

Once it’s heigh it’s a bitch to get it back under control. The older you get most likely it will take a few times and and lowering the dose to get it back down when it’s that high for most. it seems like once it’s there it wants to stick there. Mean normal person it will drop them 3 full point but us it’s like a .5 which is frustrating.It is also not as simple as just dropping blood how often and when often you can. Your iron level will deplete and they don’t come back like red cells. If you don’t reg donate you will probably have good results.

Like others have said, mine runs on the higher end all my life. before I got I try to drink a half gallon of water to skew the number, which is soo easy now because they use the laser finger reader now. That thing is soo off on the low side it’s ridiculous. I have blood work going back 8 years showing my hemo never being under 16.5. Whole life. All bloods even when hydrated are around 17.6-17.0, Yet if you hydrate yourself that laser has picked up 14.3, 15.1 and 15.0 the last 3 time lol. Now I’m not saying to make yourself believe these fabricated number. I know my hemo is high and going to be out of range if I don’t donate 2-3 times a year.

I sound like a recording but Platelets is what make you blood sticky so most suggest donate whole bloods not doubles. High plat w high rebs is what they think cause the most harm or issues with blood thickness.

There could very well al be a hemo disease. I have seen many people on this board repot back that after year of not have great success donating that it was a hemo disease that after take AAS exacerbated the issue.

its funny I was around this board many many years ago, this was never talked about. no one gave blood, etc. its almost like a mania has swept over and everyone is drilling away at there blood and risking anemia which is arguably worse. I believe a lot of what the doctor is saying above, it just makes sense. not to mistaken I absolutely will donate 2-3x per year simply for the fact that it is healthy to do so in terms of men and cardiovascular disease prevention. but I believe were not looking at the complete picture and that very much includes platelet count. this ofcourse is with thought that gear is being ran sensibly and intelligently which excludes many. thoughts?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws